• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Extended Edition

samspider3

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oposed to what a lot of people in this Forum think, I believe Pirates of the Caribbean (Stranger Tides is trash for me so it doesn't count) is actually a very solid, interesting, fun, packed of action and full of very Epic moments trilogy. I never Hide it, i always thought that they are actually excellent films. However, i'm not blind. I can obviously see some flaws, but even with them, I really enjoy these films and I still do. It's an epic adventure.

So, the last year I came upon the idea of making an Extended Edition of Dead Man's Chest and At World's End, since Black Pearl has already been made. However, I had some troubles with Dead Man's Chest to re integrate the rest of the deleted scenes, so I will show you only At World's End, which is (blasphemy to all haha) my favorite film in the series (although I admit Black Pearl is a more pure and superior job).

Now, this Fan Edit is obviously made by a Fan for Fans. So, if you don't really like Pirates of the Caribbean, especially the sequels, then ignore this post. Anyways, This Extended Edition adds a total of 12 minutes. Some of the material is not exactly "important" but gives some nice touch to the film per se, in my opinion. Now, some other scenes are interesting to watch cause they give some character development and also they fill some plot holes. I have made two kinds of extended edition, one with ALL scenes with no modifications whatsoever, trying to add some blue screen effect because it might look a little bit odd, but since I am not as good with the chroma key thing, I decided to edit the Fan Edit and make another one with two of the scenes cut and one of them trimmed cause of the unfinished effects. This is the version I am showing you now.

I'm from Venezuela, and my intention in the first place was not to publish this Fan Edit in the forum, but after thinking a little bit, maybe some of you might be interested in watching it. My target audience was Latin America audience, so this Fan Edit has hard coded subtitles (written and edited by me, btw), and no, there is not a different version without subtitles.

Anywho, this is the list of all changes:

-Added scene with Tia Dalma trying to distract an EITC soldier to give Gibbs and company time to do their work.

-Alternative scene: We will see an extended talk of Barbossa and Sao Feng talking about the Brethren Court and Cutler Beckett. I made some changes to make some sense in the scene, and Raggetti looking at Elizabeth has been placed in other part of the scene.

-Added scene where Pintel catches the EITC spy fighting. So, when Pintel says "hey, i know him. He was in Singapore" later on the film, this scene will make more sense. In the original cut, they never have visual contact. I added some recycled sound effects for swords and shooting in this scene.

-Added scene where Pintel and Raggetti discuss about the riddle of "over the edge over again". It's a funny segment.

-Deleted dialog between Beckett and Mercer about what they are going to do about Governor Swann. This part was meant to explain in a more subtle way what happens to this character later on the film, reason of why the next deleted scene was cut. But since I decided to include the deleted scene, this part of the dialog would not make sense, so i cut it. Like 15 seconds where taken out in this part.

-Added extended scene where Davy Jones and Beckett discuss about interrogating prisoners and Jones actions being too violent. Part of the score was used at one part and sound effects were put in.

-Added scene where Governor Swann wants to kill Jones and he explains what happens if someone does that. It is not only a very powerful scene, but we can also see for the first time why nobody can stab Jones heart with more impact. We can see Bill Nighy dressed with his motion capture suit, but the scene is so good and important i decided to let it be.

-Added scene where Jack and Barbossa fight over the ship's control. It's a funny scene I think most of you will enjoy.

-Added a scene where Pintel and Raggetti mess around with the Kraken. Another funny scene.

-Added complete talk between Beckett and Jack/Barbossa and Sao Feng. To accomplish this, the scene was edited differently. Instead of "Jack and Beckett, then Barbossa and Sao Feng, back to Jack and Beckett, back to Sao Feng" etc etc, the scene was edited so we can see Jack's talk with Beckett first in a complete segment and THEN we see Barbossa and Sao Feng's talk, something i always found confusing about the original cut. When I was a kid and saw it for the first time, I had no idea what was going on. Anyways, this conversation fills some plot holes and by it's own, it's very interesting and charming. Now, the conversation with Barbossa and Sao Feng is kind of different, so I edited some parts here and there to give it some flow.

-Added extended conversation between Sao Feng and Elizabeth, thinking she is Calypso. Not important, and adds nothing to the story (I guess it's why they deleted it xD) but still, it does not harm anyone.

-Added extended conversation Between Jack and Will about choices. It's interesting because it helps a little bit to build more Will's character in his final decision to choose Elizabeth.

-Added extra scene where the Black Pearl enters the secret entrance to the Shipwreck Cove. Adds mystery.

-Added extra scene where Gibbs questions Jack about his actions in the Brethren Court, knowing he is acting in a selfish way. This scene makes more sense when Jack and Captain Teague talk, because Teague was listening when Gibbs was talking to Jack, explaining why he gives a disapprove look to Jack, leading to Teague to tell Jack he has to live with himself for betraying his friends and and extinguish all his race. (I just love moments like this)

-Added Extended scene where Jack, Barbossa, Elizabeth, Beckett, Will and Jones make a deal. While adding some information, it's also funny. But it was trimmed to cut the unfinished Jones CGI, so I had to take out the line where Beckett, after Jack asking if he ever had an opportunity to escape, he replies "there never was".

-Added extended scene where Jack talks to multiple Jacks in the Dutchman, but trimmed to take out Johnny Depp dressing with CGI motion capture suit.

-Added extended scene where Barbossa gives a short but powerful speech before releasing Calypso.

-Added extended scene where the multiple Jack mess around while one of them loses his brain.

-Added extended scene where Jack is trying to escape Jones and makes spin the (thing...i don't know what is that called xD). In the original cut, he spins it once. Now he does it twice.

Color grading, brightness and music corrections were added too. As I said, this Fan Edit is more for fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, so if you are really interested on watching it, just tell me and I will send you the links. It has a length of 3 hours and one minute, 2 hours and 52 minutes without the credits and post credit scene. Remember it has hard coded subtitles and i don't have another version. Hope you get interested in this as much as I was when I was making the edit :D

First of all, I definitely support this extended edition and I would definitely watch it. It's good to know that there are fans of AWE out there.

Second, I was wondering, which sources are you using for the deleted scenes? The bonus disc from the later 4-film releases contained some extra footage - not much, but there was an extended and excellent scene between Barbossa and Tia Dalma before she grabs his hand and causes it to decay.

Neosmith said:
First of all, I definitely support this extended edition and I would definitely watch it. It's good to know that there are fans of AWE out there.

Second, I was wondering, which sources are you using for the deleted scenes? The bonus disc from the later 4-film releases contained some extra footage - not much, but there was an extended and excellent scene between Barbossa and Tia Dalma before she grabs his hand and causes it to decay.

Thanks for your support :D . I must admit, I've seen these movies so many times that I can almost remember every single line, every single shot, every single piece of the score. I just love these movies. BTW, i'm interested in your Fan Edit too, I was trying to watch your Pelegostos Island version but i had some troubles. In fact, for a long time, Dead Man's Chest was one of my favorite in the series, but now that I am watching (older and wiser haha) I feel it might be too long and drags a little too much. Despite this, there are some good deleted scenes that I believe they must have been added, and trimmed some other segments.

Now, talking about your doubt, i must say the details by private message xD.

Hey, Sam, congrats on the release!

I'm surprised how quickly you got it out there.

I'll probably need a few more days to send my cut in for approval due to technical/quality issues. Gotta say - I just saw the trailer and I really like it. But it's notably for two different extended editions. So, are you workin on Dead Man's Chest as well?

Neosmith said:
Hey, Sam, congrats on the release!

I'm surprised how quickly you got it out there.

I'll probably need a few more days to send my cut in for approval due to technical/quality issues. Gotta say - I just saw the trailer and I really like it. But it's notably for two different extended editions. So, are you workin on Dead Man's Chest as well?

Thank you very much :D . I did not even expect they would release it so soon either.

Sorry about your edit, dude. Hope you can fix the quality soon so we can watch your wonderful edit. And thanks about the trailer, i worked a lot on it too xD. As I said, I actually have made Dead Man's Chest and At World's End Extended Editions, and both of them are available. However, not all the scenes are in Dead Man's Chest, and that's why i decided to only publish At World's End. I feel like Dead Man's Chest Extended Edition was an incomplete job :(

You're right - I guess I forgot about DMC between the time this came up and the time I saw the trailer, lol. :D

I likely could've submitted my edit already, but I am very much obsessed with video quality and making sure it looks as well as possible, despite the various conversions and re-conversions. But hey, you learn a lot from your mistakes, so I'm sure the next project I do will look much better and will not take as much time.

This is a clip from the Extended Edition. It is one of the most important and tense moments.

^ It all worked for me. Maybe some more deep bass lock clicking soundfx could be added as you transition to the starry sky. So it's like "Click, clack, clock" with the third "clock" a little louder and sustained over the edit (If that makes sense).

Soooo glad that extra unfinished Jones scene is in, as Bill Nighy's performance is so intense you almost forget the FX are missing. I really wanted to see that back in the movie. Perhaps calling this an "Extended Workprint" would be better though, so viewer's expectations are managed.

It's a shame about the subtitles but if you've hardcoded them before editing, I can understand them not being removable. f not you could hardcoded them into the black bar beneath, making them easily removeable.

Hey, Sam. I really like that you re-incorporated that scene - plus I love more Governor Swann. It makes sense to cut the moment from the theatrical cut, where Beckett and Mercer plan Swann's death.

However, I do think the music requires some more finesse. The transition between the original score and the deleted scene score with Murtogg/Mullroy and back really stands out.

Also, this might be from the YT playback, but I think I noticed some jiterriness in the Beckett/Mercer scene.

Don't know if you'll make any more revisions, but could be something to take note of.

TM2YC said:
^ It all worked for me. Maybe some more deep bass lock clicking soundfx could be added as you transition to the starry sky. So it's like "Click, clack, clock" with the third "clock" a little louder and sustained over the edit (If that makes sense).

Soooo glad that extra unfinished Jones scene is in, as Bill Nighy's performance is so intense you almost forget the FX are missing. I really wanted to see that back in the movie. Perhaps calling this an "Extended Workprint" would be better though, so viewer's expectations are managed.

It's a shame about the subtitles but if you've hardcoded them before editing, I can understand them not being removable. f not you could hardcoded them into the black bar beneath, making them easily removeable.

Thanks for your words. Sorry about the clicks and clacks and clocks. It happened when I rendered the clip this time. It doesn't happen in the official Fan Edit. However, the clicks do return in the scene with the stars, at the end of the clips. By the time I made that fan edit, I couldn't do anything about it.

Neosmith said:
Hey, Sam. I really like that you re-incorporated that scene - plus I love more Governor Swann. It makes sense to cut the moment from the theatrical cut, where Beckett and Mercer plan Swann's death.

Aha! You noticed the cut I made there. That's the spirit haha.

But concerning about the music, I don't think I'm gonna change it anymore. As I said before, this Fan Edit was made last year and I just don't have intentions to change anything else, but well, this helps to make me see what I did well and what I did wrong. Helps to my evolution xD.

Quality might be something about Youtube, I watched the film in my home, on my Computer and my TV, and it looks quite good.

Back
Top Bottom