• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Hitler - The Rise and Fall

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My Hitler cut

As mentioned this is a edit of Triumph of the Will.
The planning was to do 2 docs of Hitler and the Kubrick exhibition, but the last one is not allowed
because of my own filmed footage.
Well, The Hitler doc is gonna be released at the same time as Robocop, there are two docs extra in this cut,
Night and Fog, and Memory of the Camps.
I come up with the idea when i saw A Space Odyssey with music overdub of Pink Floyd.
It was great when i saw that and i wanted to do a test with some modern age music into the nazi regime
So i created some footage with only music of Pink floyd, Eric Serra, Goblin, Simon Boswell, and many others
The only dialogue is from Hitler himself, the footage with the music tells the story about The rise and the aftermath after the second world war.
The only thing that pisses me off is that i have only old material, because if this was remastered and in colour without a scratch, then the visual style was awesome.
This is no doc about the second world war, it's about the insanity of a man and the result of that after the war.
At the moment i recut this, it's gonna be approx 70 or 75 minutes long.

released by the end of September

I put the wrong image in this thread, it's a workprint.
This is the right cover.

When you first mentioned it I thought you might be looking at an edit using Max (the John Cusack film about Hitler's days as an artist early after WWI but before he got into politics) and Downfall. You could always check out those films and see if there's any footage in either of them that might be of use to your project.

Hmmm, the image of hitler appears to be reversed. The nazi swastika has spokes that run clockwise, like the lower swastika on your cover. The Buddhist swastika runs counterclockwise.

Other reversal clues: the nazi salute was usually a right-upper-extremity affair, and the cross on the chest and the armband were usually on the left.

i know this from my Aryan youth skinhead days. :shock: :-D :oops:
hitler12.jpg

Yeah that's right, it's in reverse, but i am still working on a final cover.

I know Downfall of course but that is not what i can use for this edit.
There was a plan some time ago to release a blu-ray of Triumph of the will,it was remastered, and also with a colourized version in it. But i never saw it coming, and that's too bad, because it was perfect for this edit.
I can't use footage of movies with fake stuff , this is the real stuff, and it's dead serious.
I have a 4.3 ratio version but also a 16.9 (blow up) version, but i don't know at the moment which one i'm gonna release.
On the other hand, the black and white in this cut has something horrific, combined with the music i use.

Jesus, i am suddenly a Senior member.
Fuck, i feel old now....:-(

Good news! You now qualify for the senior FE discount.

The Hitler doc is almost done
I decided to use the original ratio of 4.3
I think it's ready next week and the release is end September

Final Cover:

Some trailer segment of the doc:

maniac51 said:
The Hitler doc is almost done
I decided to use the original ratio of 4.3
I think it's ready next week and the release is end September

Final Cover:

Some trailer segment of the doc:

nice final cover, still like the first cover.
is that it or are you doing a full cover.

No, There is only my widescreen movie poster of the doc:

The releasing of this doc is not gonna happen.
The reason is that i am not satisfying enough of the final print.
The footage is too damn old. Well, i did my best but i have no good feeling about it so i let it go.
If there is a better cut in the future, remastered, clean, and colorized i think it works well.
But not now....:-(

I said earlier not to release this cut
I was not satisfying of the final print, but i recut this a little bit shorter with some different editing, in last weekend.
Well, i am satisfied now, wait for a better version i could be years for that to happen.
So this release is done, and will be released in the first week of October.
Otherwise this thread comes in the "non active forum" and i hate that.
No loose ends.

Running time is approx. 60 minutes

This doc has some graphic scenes, the death and destruction is real, so be ready for that. (If you wanna see it of course)

What source material are you using for the video?

Dvd's, convert to MP4 but that is not the problem, there is no frame problem if that's what you mean, it's from 1932 it's damaged and black and white i want it colorized and perfect.
There is a blu-ray of Hitler named Hitler Apocalypse with footage beautiful color and remasterd, well, i was hoping they do the same with Triumph of the Will, because there was some rumours to release a blu-ray of it.
The music i use was perfect in combination with colorized footage.
But still i have to do it with my original dvd, maybe i want too much but for now this cut is satisfying enough for me
Too bad i don't have a CGI computer;-)

maniac51 said:
Otherwise this thread comes in the "non active forum" and i hate that.

???

TV's Frink said:

You were seriously confused by that statement? He's just saying that he doesn't like to have threads in the "INACTIVE" section of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom