• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

M.C. Hammer

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I admit I haven't listened to anything close to M.C. Hammer's entire discography, but I was certainly aware of him in middle school, back when he was big. My friend Mike listened to him, and so did my niece Jennifer. She even, unknown to anyone, sent me one of her M.C. Hammer tapes through the mail in a plain white envelope and with one domestic stamp. Somehow, it went through. So that meant my mom and I had to listen to Hammer together, and I had to dance for my mom (this was not optional).

I admit to watching the "Hammerman" cartoon (as well as the preview for it on the Saturday morning preview special hosted by the cast of "Family Matters"). Speaking of "Family Matters", yes, they did have a "U Can't Touch This" dance sequence at the end of one episode.

I saw "Too Legit: The M.C. Hammer Story" on TV back in 2005 or 2006. I thought it was okay.

Anyway, I never really knew the lyrics to "U Can't Touch This", but I recently came across them, and, man, is it a self-absorbed song. He's basically just rapping about how awesome that he is:

Finally, exactly what this forum needed, an MC Hammer thread.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

ea85860ed694b5649e1dfc1072a54ca470588546c7bb5a976861c66d99d2e6f1.jpg

hammer-time-loading.gif

Neglify said:
Finally, exactly what this forum needed, an MC Hammer thread.

That's word, because you know u can't touch this.

I did enjoy watching his cartoon show on Saturday mornings...

Had a quick re-watch of that ^ clip and it looks like it's held up quite well, the art style is really good. Like when the old dude goes all James Brown in his cape. Shame it's not been released on DVD. If a release could look as good as good as this still then yay!...

hammerman-1.jpg

The show had all those bright vibrant late80s/early90s colours and shapes.

Back
Top Bottom