• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Cell - Scary As Hell Edition

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
what kind of fanedit (true fanedit = TF, extended edition = EE, special collection & preservation = SP):
TF
tagline: Enter the creepiest mind
original film name: The Cell
new film name : The Cell - Scary As Hell Edition
film studio name : Dimension
edit crew name : 3Raz0r
Date Original Film Was Released : 11 2000
Date Edit Was Released : 06 2008
Original Runtime : 107 minutes
New Runtime : 94
Amount of time Cut/Added : about 22 minutes cut / 9 minutes added

Fanedit synopsis:
This is the Scary As Hell edition of THE CELL. Enter the mind of a serial killer, of a deranged mind to save a girl from certain death. This movie deserved a fanedit to improve its impact.

Cuts removed/added/extended :
- deleted Edward's parents and every mentioning of them
- deleted the Gish story
- deleted repeating bloodbath dog
- deleted the beginning of Catherine entering Carl's mind the 2nd time
- deleted Catherine touching demon Carl
- deleted the beginning of Peter Novak entering Carl's mind
- deleted the entire scene of Catherine making Carl entering her mind

- added extended necrophilia scene
- added interrupted Edward mind entering scene
- added Gordon Ramsey's second thoughts
- added meat dish to bathtub scene

Fanedit details (please add here details about DVD contents as well as video and audio information):
The Cell was a visually stunning movie, yet it left me kind of unimpressed with the story, although it had all the contents of becoming a legendary horror movie. But it wasn't. The reason for that is quite simply that it was too over the top with the mind entering scenes. There is a point for me as the audience, when it all gets too much, when everything is possible - that is the same point, when my entertainment dies. I always wanted to make this a scarier movie and when i watched it again, i finally discovered, how this could be achieved: most of all by getting rid of the scene, in which Catherine kills Carl, when he is inside her mind. This entire scene was neither thrilling nor plotwise necessary, it was rather confusing and seemed to just be created to finish a plot and put some more emotion to the rather cold characters in a rather cold story. I also deleted quite some of the scenes of Catherine talking to peter, because the intention seemed to be to make them kidn of a loving couple, which they never were, they always kept the distance. And I improved that to be way more clear about their relationship to each other. Peter and Catherine are both totally focused on their work and in neither of their worlds is a place for a relationship. I added some additional gore scenes, especially the extended necrophilia scene, because it is too great to be just a deleted scene.
Your intention for this fanedit:
Make it more convincing and scarier.

Your way to achieve your intention:
Slicing, cutting, removing, moving, splitting, cursing, taking millions of breaks, crying, swearing, stabbing, re-creating, recreating recreations, staying calm, trying to stay calm, focusing, concentrating, smoking, drinking, sleeping, re-arranging, searching for sound files, giving up, getting on it again, finishing.

DVD Details:
NTSC 2.35:1 presented in 16:9 Widescreen
English audio only, Dolby 5.1 AC3
Act selection
Bonus scene: The Killing of Carl (fully fanedited) (10minutes)
3Raz0r info

Hardware and software information (what did you use to create your fanedit):
My nice computer. His name is Dofudome (don't fucking die on me).
Software: Womble. Vegas. Goldwave. Besweet. DVD LAB PRO. Pro Show Gold.

Additional Comment:
Never give up. Never surrender.
Who am I?
I am 3Raz0r, I like horror movies and I dig fanedits.

Time needed for the edition: 1 week
persons involved: my beautiful self

Additional information links:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209958/

the_cell.scary_as_hell_preview.jpg

Maybe downloadable from Fanedit.info

god i absolutely hated this movie but with a SAH edit of it and an 'extended necrophelia' scene how can i refuse :smile:

very cool!!! I am looking forward to this one :D

watched it last night, much better than the original!

Watched it this evening, it's an OK film so I would assume the original was cack with a capital C. It's just a pity somebody can't do a fanedit that removes all the scenes that involve Catherine. It would be a short film but it would be a good one :-D

We don't mind anyone reviving old posts, as long as it's relevant, and this is excellent stuff. Please keep reviewing, I'm liking it a lot!

Also, 3Razor is a she.

I guess nobody expects a faneditor to be female. Or the Spanish Inquisition, for that matter.

This edit is now available on Megashares, thanks to Throwgncpr.

TwisterFE said:
***deleted by moderator***

Didn't realize I couldn't say that - as was referring to what an Admin had said above about Megashares? :rain:

That post is over a year old and irrelevant to what I cited. Read the rules again.

Back
Top Bottom