• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

What's your favorite Wes Craven film?

What's your favorite Wes Craven film?

• The Last House on the Left (1972)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Hills Have Eyes (1977)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Swamp Thing (1982)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988)

• New Nightmare (1994)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Vampire in Brooklyn (1995)

• Scream (1996)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Music of the Heart (1999)

• Red Eye (2005)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've decided to do a little Wes Craven marathon, after hearing of his passing yesterday. So far I've rewatched the first two Scream movies and Swamp Thing. This inspired me to do a week-long Craven marathon.

What's your favorite Wes Craven film(s)? My ranking is as such...

(tie) 1. Scream
(tie) 1. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. Scream 2
4. New Nightmare
5. Red Eye
6. The Hills Have Eyes
7. The Serpent and the Rainbow
8. Swamp Thing
9. The People Under the Stairs
10. Scream 4
11. Paris, je t'aime
12. Music of the Heart
13. Shocker
14. Deadly Friend
15. Night Visions
16. The Fireworks Woman
17. Scream 3
18. Vampire in Brooklyn
19. Invitation to Hell
20. Stranger in our House
21. The Last House on the Left
22. The Hills Have Eyes Part II
23. Deadly Blessing
24. Cursed
25. Chiller​
26. My Soul to Take​

I've seen the first two on the list....aaaaand that's it.

I guess I'll pick Scream.

I've only seen ANOES and New Nightmare. While I consider the former to be better (and among the best horror films I've seen), New Nightmare has a downright brilliant concept, and is probably the second best film in that franchise.

matrixgrindhouse said:
New Nightmare has a downright brilliant concept, and is probably the second best film in that franchise.

100% agree. New Nightmare is miles above the other sequels.

I'v seen them all, but the Nightmare and Scream series where great.
Swamp Thing, People under the stairs, and of course Hills have eyes where also great horror movies
So i don't have a special one.
Too bad that he is gone, i put my respect on Twitter yesterday, a great director on the same level as Carpenter, Cronenberg and Romero.

maniac51 said:
a great director on the same level as Carpenter, Cronenberg and Romero.

Hmmm, I don't wanna be a killjoy but I don't think that's true.

'Scream' was okay I guess? I'll vote for that.

Yeah i know what you mean, it's a little too much but i said it more of respect.
Fact is that this guy have some good horror movies on his name, the only trash he made ( what comes to my mind for now) was Hills have eyes 2.
But even the " Big Three" had some awful movies
Romero's Survival of the Dead was for me a complete joke.
Carpenter's Ghost of Mars, well, the music was great as usual but jesus what a bad bad movie
Cronenberg's Madame Butterfly, Cosmospolis and A Dangerous Method, what the hell was that??
Is that the same man who brought us Shivers, Rabid, Scanners, Videodrome and The Fly?
His Map to the stars was very good but he turns his back to the horror genre and that was for me very disappointing.
But as always, that is personal.

Last House On The Left, definitely.
That movie erupted out of nowhere.
It seems "tame" by today's standards, but was shocking when it was released.

I watched Nightmares - Screams - Red Planet - Serpent Rainbow - Deadly Friend (what a glaring omission from the list!).
Pretty clear he targeted teen viewers.
As I got older Craven resonated less.

Oh yeah, Serpent was for me a masterpiece, a great horrormovie.
I forgot to mention that.
Deadly Friend was fun, only the ending was a little weird but these two are also in my collection.

Vultural said:
Red Planet

What? Did he do that under the pseudonym of Antony Hoffman?

Also, I didn't put "Deadly Friend" on the poll because I haven't seen it yet, so I didn't know how good or bad it was.

mean no disrespect toward the man, because i don't watch horror too often, but. . . when i started to think about craven's work, i realized i was confusing his movies with clive barker's.

Ha ha.
I was thinking Red Eye, but wrote Red Planet.
I sure Val Kilmer understands.

Deadly Friend
was pretty lame, by the way.

I just saw the original nightmare on elm street last night. It was crazy. It was so much better then the remake.

DeadPokemon said:
I just saw the original nightmare on elm street last night. It was crazy. It was so much better then the remake.

Goddamn I feel old now.

Back
Top Bottom