• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Robocop - The Extreme Edition

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
After my re-editing tour my next edit:

Robocop - The Extreme edition.

Next week i start to work on this.
Robocop the film of "our" director Paul Verhoeven
I always liked this movie, and of course i put Robocop 2 in this as one cut.
Only this is not a back to back edit, i must be a edit like it was one movie.
I have different ideas about this, but in the editing process i soon found out what i think is the best.
I have a limit of 2 hours, no longer.
I use the uncut edition of course of Robocop 1, because you never cut in graphic shit.
Cuts: Well, same as always i cut everything that holds up the story, it must be a nice
over the top ultra violence edit.

I think this is ready by the end of September.

Interesting. I'd like to hear some more details about your planned alterations. I always figured the first two movies could be combined easily, if not for the fact that RoboCop's suit is blue in the second movie, and silver in the first. How are you getting around that?

I was considering a 2-in-1 Robocop edit last year but never did anything with it. I'm sure you could work make it work. I'd approach it as if R2 was optional deleted-material/unused-subplots for R1, rather than try to tell both stories. R1 is the narrative frame (Start with R1 and end with R1) and cleaning up the Nuke problem is just part of the decay he was created to remove in the middle act.

TM2YC said:
I was considering a 2-in-1 Robocop edit last year but never did anything with it. I'm sure you could work make it work. I'd approach it as if R2 was optional deleted-material/unused-subplots for R1, rather than try to tell both stories. R1 is the narrative frame (Start with R1 and end with R1) and cleaning up the Nuke problem is just part of the decay he was created to remove in the middle act.

Around the time I had finished Prometheus, I too had an idea to try and combine these two films - but I never fully flushed it out and then I just dropped the idea and never went back to it. R2 has a lot of corny stuff that can also be removed and I agree with TM2YC's idea of the plots, its good starting point anyways.

Well I'm interested in seeing what you come up with, good luck with it.

-A9

For the moment i don´t know how this cut is gonna be.
I have plans to make Murphy a loner, he has no family.
I cut out the funny bullshit, most of the (stupid) commercials are gone
First i was planning to do a cut that begins with Robocop 2, then flasbacks to 1 but i don´t think
that it is satisfying enough for me.
I have a problem with the fact that Bauer (Robocop 2) put that bullshit in his head after he was stripped by the Nuke gang.
I think that is not gonna happen in this edit.
I put 1 year between Robocop 1 and 2, because i don't think it works to introduce Boddicker and Kane at the same moment.
(that was one of the idea's but i let that go)
I can't mix the coke problem with the nuke shit, to me it looks stupid.
That he wears a blue suit in R 2, well, thats why i put one year between those two, maybe they give him a nice makeover.
I start cutting this week, plans enough but i don't know how this one ends.
One thing is for sure, It's gonna be a Maniac edition and that stands for: More blood, More action and no "hold up" bullshit.
Years ago i had the idea to put this together in one movie, but the idea come up again when i saw it in TM2YC fanedit-ideas thread

Well, i update this when i have something new.

The last three days i put a very rough workprint together of Robo 1 & 2
There are things for sure in this cut:
Murphy is a loner, there is no wife and son.
There is an alternative opening.
I use here and there some music overdub from Terminator.
In Robo 2 he was stripped by the Nuke gang of Kane, well, forget about that, it is cut in this edit.
I think that this cyborg must be undefeated and at this point he was very weak and helpless
It doesn't fit in this edit i'm doing.
"I buy that for a dollar" is also cut. Why? because i hate that guy.
The follow up of all the happenings in this edit are very quick to put the action on top.
So i cut a lot in bla bla bla scenes.
I go further with this cut next week, because i also work on my Hitler doc, (i put a thread of this edit next week)
it's a little weird to go from a robot to Hitler but, what the hell, it's the way i work.
So by the end of September there are two new releases, of course they are ready much sooner but
the release date stays by the end of September.
I think two edits a month is enough.

Well, the way i look at this Robo edit for now, i must say i have a good feeling about this.
But i'm not ready yet, i must clean it up, i must work on credits and music and so fort, but it's fun to work on this.
If there are some changes, i update this of course.

What you could do (personal suggestion/take on it) is have the Nuke gang and Cain be a subplot to the greater story that is the creation of Robo by OCP and its corrupt leader Dick Jones.

Perhaps some clever editing can suggest Jones hired Cain to put some pressure on Robocop once he hit the streets? Cain is wrapped up easily and that fails, so Jones moves forward with getting Ed-209 on the streets?

Crazy idea: Cain is then implanted into Ed-209 rather than that dumb Nuke-addicted-Robo? Or not at all... Cain simply dies, wrap up the Robo 2 story within the bulk of Robo 1 and then get back to the OCP takedown finale?

But what about Cain AND Boddicker? I think that would be overkill. And Boddicker is MILES AHEAD of Cain in terms of being the more entertaining villain.

I like the idea, I will put it in my Queue when it comes out. My question is how do find time to do all these edits? Every time I turn around you got an edit coming out.

Haha, Take a week off man, but i must admit it was a little too much 7 edits in nearly two or three months.
Also of the fact that i re-editing the whole shit in nearly 3 weeks.
But i am a fast editor, i was my profession in the early days back in the nineties.
I worked 8 to 10 hours a day on editing.
Now i work for ICT, mostly on nightshifts, but they are very boring, so i put my "editing madness" in those nightshifts to work on my favorite movies.

maniac51 said:
Haha, Take a week off man, but i must admit it was a little too much 7 edits in nearly two or three months.
But i am a fast editor, i was my profession in the early days back in the nineties.
Now i work for ICT, mostly on nightshifts, but they are very boring, so i put my "editing madness" in those nightshifts to work on my favorite movies.

Lucky bastardo :) My first job had some late shifts as well, but I went out before the ship went down ;) Now I'm exactly where I'd like to be so I've got no time during the day for editing :D (IT as well btw).

maniac51 said:

Man, I need to get a job like that.

The Robocop edit is finished.

I worked the last weekend on this, and i have a nice full action packed cut of 2 hours and 7 minutes.
My first ideas to mix this all together didn't work of the fact that he wears a silver and a blue suit.
The Drug problem was also one of the things to let that go, because everyone use Nuke in Robo 2 and in Robo 1 you see only coke.
A lot of cuts in dialogue, i think i am succeeded to make this a rollercoaster.
I used some Terminator music in the beginning and end and by the killing of Murphy.
Murphy is in this cut a loner, so no wife and son, he works already in the police station with Ann Lewis so the transferring from a another police department is not in this cut.
There is no stripping of Robocop like you see in Robocop 2.
The special effects where great, but not useful for this edit.
No stupid commercials, only some news bulletins.
Well, i hope you like it for those who wants to see it, there are some editors who have there own ideas about this
so i hope in the future to see some "alternative cut" of my edit.

This cut is done and released by the end of September.

Final cover:

nice cover, but I think i would've made the black box more transparent

dennyelvis62 said:
Great stuff, how do we view these edits, info seems limited

There is a block of bold text at the top of this and every page on the forum. You should start there...

Back
Top Bottom