• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Captain America Civil War

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did not see a thread started for this one yet, so....

Technically, I think this could be renamed AVENGER 2.5, based on the cast... Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Spider-man, and maybe the Hulk...

So I have been thinking how they will adapt the comic mini-series? I don't see it being as far reaching as the comic series since you just don't have a cast of hundreds of super-heroes running around yet in the Movieverse. Though the idea of INDEXING super-powered beings has been introduced in the SHIELD tv show.

But the main plot point I am wondering about ***SPOILERS*** is in the comic series, it ends with Captain America being assassinated! Somehow I just do not seeing this happening in the movie, for a lot of different reasons, but the big one being Chris Evans is contracted for the next 2 Avengers movies.

But Robert Downey Jr. on the other hand? Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Downey has fulfilled his Marvel Movie contract with Avengers 2, and the studio had to negotiate a new contract specifically for Civil War. So I could easily see Tony Stark biting the bullet in Civil War, especially after the all the destruction and death he caused with Ultron and whatever chaos he will cause in Civil War.

Thoughts?

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If Dr. Strange is going to confirm the existence of an afterlife, does it even matter who bites the bullet? My money's on Cap killing, since RDJ prints more money.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So what's everyone's take on what's been going on with Marvel Studios this week? They've broken free of Ike Perlmutter's supervision and the creative committee, which included Bendis and Quesada, has been disbanded. It won't affect Civil War though as it's wrapped principle filming, and Doctor Strange won't be affected, but everything going forward will be overseen by Disney specifically.

Disney were also reportedly not satisfied with Age of Ultron.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought for a fraction of a second that Cap's first line in the trailer was "F**k!". Looks like it could live up to 'Winter Soldier' :). I like that the inclusion of General Ross brings the last Hulk movie a bit more into the continuity.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like so many different kinds of awesome!!! :love:

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, this is wonderful:

I would love to see the fanedit that turns this film into a star crossed love story.

EDIT:And yes! There IS an alternate video with the same idea!

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It might come as a shock to some people that there's no real life measuring tool to express how ridiculously excited I am for Civil War while the second BvS trailer broke my heart with Eisenberg's *cough* "acting"...

The only way this could be fixed is if I'm sitting in the theater watching BvS and it turns out that -as some people online have already suggested- Luthor himself is playing a double role as well by being a complete tweeny douche in public and a pure diabolical mastermind behind the scenes.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
written by Brian Michael Bendis

Mark Millar or get the f**k outta here! :p

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New trailer, with our first look at Spider-Man!

This looks really really good.

szopman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Honestly? The trailer is amazing, the movie probably will be awesome and epic, but the Spidey costume really sucks. It looks like some Power Rangers suit ;O In Raimi's trilogy and TASM 1-2 it was far better ;)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I like the new costume. BTW, did I see Spidey's eyes move, like they would in the comics or animation? If so, that's crazy / cool!

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, you did see his eyes move! Looks and sounds like something that the suit does. It's hard to judge from a single line of dialogue, but he sounds like he hasn't even hit puberty yet. But I also really dug Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield so...there's that. :p

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I found a great article that explains some of the details of the Spider-Man costume. It was a bit long for me, but the biggest takeaway I got from it (which I hadn't noticed before) is that the suit is very much styled according to the Silver Age look for Spidey, rather than the more modern designs in the recent movies.

Also:

"The cool thing about the Civil War Spider-Man suit (besides the extra cartridges for his web-shooters) are the mechanical eyes. You can hear them whir as the black borders on the lenses contract, amazingly, from a John Romita-sized eye to a Steve Ditko-sized eye."

So the mechanical eyes are probably an upgrade from Stark. That's great that there will be an in-universe explanation for this. Frankly, I was just excited to see Spider-Man get a better range of expression, the way he does in the comics!

Here's the article with pics:

http://www.geek.com/news/why-spider-man-looks-so-weird-in-captain-america-civil-war-1649510/

Top Bottom