• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Movies You Fell Asleep During (In Theaters)

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The only one I can think of is the 1997 SE of Return of the Jedi.

Somehow my wife fell asleep during the loudest part of The Lost World: Jurassic Park.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Phantom Menace

House on Haunted Hill (1999)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I worked nights, it was all the movies.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never fallen asleep during or walked out of a movie. Although during the screening of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull the whole theatre became a MST3k cast and it was the only thing that made that movie enjoyable.

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
When I worked nights, it was all the movies.

watch-all-the-movies.jpg

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have never fallen asleep in the theater, though I have drifted (very minimally) a couple times. I did fall asleep at a drive in once while watching Revenge of the Sith. I had already seen it though so no worries.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can't recall falling asleep in the theater, I must have as a kid though. But I was pretty damn close to snoozing during "Tusk".

tenterhook

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I drifted in and out of sleep when I first saw Man of Steel, so I thought the film didn't have any problems the first time I saw it.

schwa73

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I fell asleep during The Blair Witch Project. What a disappointment that movie was, after all that hype.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
schwa73 said:
I fell asleep during The Blair Witch Project. What a disappointment that movie was, after all that hype.

I heard Stephen King saying that he watched it in video and he was so scared that he had to stop.
I mean, the king of horror scared by 1h30 of trees and leafs?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
schwa73 said:

I didn't fall asleep, but yeah, that movie was a huge disappointment. I remember I kept begging for the characters to die. "WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD YET?"

TV's Frink

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
blairwitch2.jpg

Hey WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!?!

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I live in Maryland and we all drove out to Burkittsville when the viral marketing was going on and nobody knew what the hell we were talking about. I liked the movie but it hasn't aged well in my opinion.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I drifted at the start of Fury Road, I'd had a long day at work and it was Friday and the theater was kinda warm so I went in and out of consciousness, I remember waking to Nicholas Hoult saying "what a day, what a glorious day" and I think I stayed awake for the rest after that.

baileym43

Reaction score
Trophy Points
one comes to mind. As Good As It Gets. i was in high school and on a date. i whispered to her, "i'm sorry we decided on this one." then put the armrest up and curled up on a couple seats with my head in her lap. the outcome turned out better than the movie.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the theater:

Cowboys vs Aliens
Quantum of Solace
2016: Obama's America

and although these were on DVD, I give them an honorable mention for having to restart more than 5 times due to sleeping:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Which I call the Unexpected Nap)

TMBTM said:
I heard Stephen King saying that he watched it in video and he was so scared that he had to stop.
I mean, the king of horror scared by 1h30 of trees and leafs?

Maybe he was afraid the horror genre was dead forever. Didn't he start writing drama novels after that?

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
None that I can recall since very early childhood. Though, my Dad does pass out occasionally. One particularly fond memory is him dozing off during Van Helsing (he had the right idea), only to awaken during one of the action scenes, shouting into the theater, "What's happening?!", which is undoubtedly the most emotional reaction that film ever evoked in anybody ever.

Top Bottom