• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

SW FanFilms

PsyDonia

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hello I have a question
can someone write here a list of all Good an serious Fanfilms of starwars.
Revelations and more.
not animated only short films also if there is any long films to.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My favorite "serious" STAR WARS fan films:

KNIGHTQUEST

BROKEN ALLEGIANCE

THE DARK REDEMPTION

REVELATIONS

REIGN OF THE FALLEN

DARK RESURRECTION

LawgSkrak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Has anybody put together any cool SW fan film DVDs?

I would LOVE to have a professional DVD of Broken Allegiance.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Depends how you define "serious". Bounty Trail is a normal story, not a parody, but there is definite humor throughout.

My favorite bit - Boba and his Jedi Knight bounty are pinned down by a band of rival bounty hunters.

Jedi: "There's too many of them."
Fett pops up, blasts two of them, one shot each.
Fett: "Now there's two less of them."

It's such a "James Bond" moment that you can't help but laugh.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star Wars: The Emperor's New Clones
starwarsposter.jpg

Set several years after The Empire Strikes Backyard, the Jedi learn of the Emperor's plan to release his new Clone Army on an unsuspecting Republic, and set out to stop him - as well as rescue an old friend along the way. Back on Naboo, we follow Luke Skywalker's progress as he trains to be a Jedi, and witness Anakin as he is tempted by the Dark Side of the Force. As the fate of the galaxy lies in the hands of the guardians of peace, can good ultimately triumph over evil?.

via cinemageddon.

searcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dont know if you have seen these there is a touch of comedy in both but they are very good.
Troops
Imps the Relentless

Then a couple of old ones are
Rogue
Duality

One I just recently watched and is well made is called

Forced Alliance

Almost forgot http://kuatengineer.webs.com/downloadslibrary.htm
the site above has probably the largest amount of star wars fan films online and in great quality.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finaly, IMPS the relentless, chapter 2, soon (they say):
[youtube:3l8dpyrn]

searcher

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I saw there first episode its very good, didn't realise how long it had been, 5 years is a long time for even there biggest
fans to wait for the second installment, so lets hope it happens.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Shaun1138 said:
"Sins of the Jedi" was a good one too!
Shaun1138...there was a Shaun who acted in 'Sins of the Jedi'. One and the same? Seeing as this is your first post, I can't help but note the coincidence. :)

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Old thread bump!

hbenthow said:

I'm curious how many of these are of comparable quality to the Vader fan film and could be compiled into an unofficial anthology, like a personal project disc, approximately feature length. Maybe release order, maybe chronological, maybe grouped by theme or subject matter? 

Would anyone familiar with most of them be willing to dish some details or give opinions? Are there a lot more fan films than listed above? Are there some that should be avoided? Are most basically depicting events that could canonically happen, other than the obvious like Batman vs Vader? Is there some kind of fan film ifdb that would have all this info already?

Canon Editor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A fan film database exists.  One wouls need to see if all are listed.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Canon Editor said:
A fan film database exists.  One wouls need to see if all are listed.

Of course one does! Why had I never thought to look for one before now?!

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I'm curious how many of these are of comparable quality to the Vader fan film and could be compiled into an unofficial anthology, like a personal project disc, approximately feature length. Maybe release order, maybe chronological, maybe grouped by theme or subject matter? 

Would anyone familiar with most of them be willing to dish some details or give opinions? Are there a lot more fan films than listed above? Are there some that should be avoided? Are most basically depicting events that could canonically happen, other than the obvious like Batman vs Vader? Is there some kind of fan film ifdb that would have all this info already?

As I said in the other thread, I already wrote a long response but somehow lost that message. So let’s try again.

George Lucas in Love manages to be a pitch-perfect parody of both Star Wars and Shakespeare in Love. I actually own a VHS from the filmmaker for this one.

Rebel Scum has a clever twist at the end, although as with many fan films, it feels like the story just got started when it abruptly ends.

Days Past is very nicely acted and beautifully filmed.

Han Solo: A Smuggler’s Trade is terrifically entertaining, and has a more believable young version of Harrison Ford than Solo did (although, again, I love Solo).

The Solo Adventures is also a ton of fun and well-animated.

Hoshino is one of my all-time favorites. While many fan films feature lightsaber battles in a forest, few invest in their characters as much as this one does. The visuals are great, and so is the acting.

Emergence probably would have meant more to me if I hadn’t seen Hoshino first. This one covers a lot of the same ground, although this one won a lot of awards, so maybe it came first.

Darth Maul: Apprentice got a ton of Internet buzz the way Vader: Episode I did, but IMO, this one was also lacking in the story department.

Batman vs. Darth Vader: The one posted here is the alternate ending, which is the correct ending.  :cool:

I still need to see most of the others.

There are a lot more fan films than listed above. Due to the success and acclaim of TROOPS, a lot of other people were inspired to make Star Wars fan films in particular. There are probably thousands of Star Wars fan films alone, although other fandoms have made some inroads. Here’s a database that lists many (but not all) fan films.

For a long time, fan films were not made to fit within canon. They were usually parodies, maybe in part because the smaller budget was more forgiving if the whole thing was a joke. For a while, Lucasfilm had Fan Film Awards, but only parodies could be submitted. (Perhaps Lucas was afraid of being upstaged.) When the Fan Film Awards were reopened recently, serious films were allowed, which seems to have encouraged a lot more people to try their hand at them.

I don’t know if anyone has ever assembled the best fan films onto a disc, although there might be YouTube playlists out there that accomplish a similar thing. There are a lot of quality fan films out there. I can give you some recommendations if you like, but at this point, this is already a super long post.  :D

(EDITED because I forgot to include the link to the database.)

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A general rule for fan films seems to be that the quality is inversely related to the amount of dialogue.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TomH1138 said:
George Lucas in Love manages to be a pitch-perfect parody of both Star Wars and Shakespeare in Love. I actually own a VHS from the filmmaker for this one.

Thanks for reminding me about this flick, I gotta put it on my 2019 watchlist.

JEDIT: I was thinking about something else, I've seen this one before and just gave it a rewatch. I was thinking about 5-25-77 but I found out that it's never been released on any sort of home media, it only had a short theatrical run and then poof it was gone.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
JEDIT: I was thinking about something else, I've seen this one before and just gave it a rewatch. I was thinking about 5-25-77 but I found out that it's never been released on any sort of home media, it only had a short theatrical run and then poof it was gone.

Oh, yeah! I first heard about 5-25-77 way back in 2007, I think. Still waiting for it to be available in some format.

Top Bottom