• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Feature This - A Fan Edit Podcast

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh cool you reviewed Giallo Cut. I'll give a listen soon enough.

Edit: Just finished listening, good show (first time listener). Glad that you guys liked it for the most part, honestly I was expecting more criticism as I myself can't watch it anymore without cringing at the mistakes I made.

A couple notes...

- "Urlo" means "scream" in Italian

- the added "skip" effect was to remove Tatum's line "You're starting to sound like a Wes Carpenter flick". I agree it doesn't look very natural, if/when I do a version 2 I'll most likely keep the line or do something better.

- video source was the uncut VHS, audio was from the DVD. I did add some ambient VHS sounds to the audio. I regret that I didn't spend time rebuilding any sound effects.

- I totally agree that the music at the end sucks. That and the music during Tatum's death are the main things wrong with it.

Good show,  thanks for reviewing!

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Oh cool you reviewed Giallo Cut. I'll give a listen soon enough.

Edit: Just finished listening, good show (first time listener). Glad that you guys liked it for the most part, honestly I was expecting more criticism as I myself can't watch it anymore without cringing at the mistakes I made.

A couple notes...

- "Urlo" means "scream" in Italian

- the added "skip" effect was to remove Tatum's line "You're starting to sound like a Wes Carpenter flick". I agree it doesn't look very natural, if/when I do a version 2 I'll most likely keep the line or do something better.

- video source was the uncut VHS, audio was from the DVD. I did add some ambient VHS sounds to the audio. I regret that I didn't spend time rebuilding any sound effects.

- I totally agree that the music at the end sucks. That and the music during Tatum's death are the main things wrong with it.

Good show,  thanks for reviewing!

Interesting trivia!  Glad you enjoyed it.  For those who missed it on the stream, the new episode is now on the website.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New 'sode talking about @"AEmovieguy" 's fan edit, Captain America: The Steve Rogers Cut

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Two episodes have gone live since my last post - The Greater Gatsby and Jumper: Recut

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
Two episodes have gone live since my last post - The Greater Gatsby and Jumper: Recut

I see Feature This has its own feed now. That's great. I see Iron Man as the latest episode, though, from yesterday.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is something wonky with my podcasting app? I just checked the website and saw that the latest four episodes aren't showing up in the feed for me.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Is something wonky with my podcasting app? I just checked the website and saw that the latest four episodes aren't showing up in the feed for me.

I just recently got the feed working and there's still some technical issues at hand to make sure all of the episodes are available there.  Thanks for being patient with me as I wander blindingly through this process.  :)

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
. . . as I wander blindingly through this process.  :)

please don't blind us, bezoar! :p

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New episode has posted discussing @NJVC 's fanmix, Pulp Emipre

QuackAtomic

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just listened to a couple of these. It was very well done. Though I gotta say, its way more engaging when you've got someone talking with you. Makes the content more of a dynamic discussion.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
QuackAtomic said:
I just listened to a couple of these. It was very well done. Though I gotta say, its way more engaging when you've got someone talking with you. Makes the content more of a dynamic discussion.

Not the easiest thing to find people who want to watch a movie, then watch it's fan edit (which might not be too good) and then do an hour's worth of podcasting 6 times a month...for free.

QuackAtomic

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
beezo said:
QuackAtomic said:

Not the easiest thing to find people who want to watch a movie, then watch it's fan edit (which might not be too good) and then do an hour's worth of podcasting 6 times a month...for free.

Yeah, that's true. Maybe you could wrangle some other editors and use Skype, or something similar? Just a thought. The solo episode I listened to was great too. You're very well spoken.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'd talk about my own edits but only because I'm an egomaniac.

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Announcing a new episode!  This time we're interviewing @Neglify discussing his fan edit, Payback: The Hybrid Cut.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
excellent! looking forward to this installment.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Unfortunately my Skype connection wasn't the best and I cut out a bit. But it was a fun discussion and I'd be happy to contribute more to the show. Also, let me say that this podcast is incredibly entertaining and insightful, hats off to Beezo for making this happen consistently. Y'all should start listening if you aren't.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for making these beezo. Very cool.

Top Bottom