• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Lionhead's The Movies

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So if you've never played it, I would Highly recommend you check out The Movies by Lionhead. It is a movie studio simulator where you go though the movie making processes from start to finish. This is one of the films I made with it.

[video=youtube_share;ePRwlT1nBo0]

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I learned the basics of editing through that game. The internal editor was that similar to a real non-linear editor. The star/studio management was really frustrating. But if you cheated and ignored that portion, the actual movie making sim was astonishing. Really, really fun stuff.

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are some great mods out there to make the game a little more realistic, with larger crews, ect. and there is always sandbox mode. We made this movie in an actual play through, so at times you will see the characters age up and down through out the movie as we didn't film the scenes in order. Valve has a movie maker tool I've been really wanting to try out and now that I picked up Left4Dead 2, I was thinking about trying to "shoot" some zombie stuff.

QuackAtomic

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My brother used to play this. He exported some of the in-game movies, then put them in a actual video editor, and turned it into an actual short video. About a killer space mummy.

Top Bottom