• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Born to Kill: A Full Metal Jacket Edit.

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is done.
Releasing is in the beginning of next month
This cut runs approx. 1 hour and 14 minutes.

Like i said in the works a very depressive cut, no funny bullshit only the training and battle in vietnam.
There is some music overdub and new credits.
After "the horror" the second of a vietnam trilogy.

Review left on IFDB:

This was a damn fine fanedit. I'm a Kubrick buff and I love "Full Metal Jacket". This is very much a "to-the-point" fanedit, in that it excises the non-combat scenes when in Vietnam. I loved the way it starts, go right into some action and then flash back to boot camp. The only narrative issue I had with it was that it felt too short and a little unbalanced, what with so much time devoted to boot camp and then only one major sequence in Vietnam. Recommended.

A/V Quality - 9
Editing - 10
Narrative - 8
Enjoyment - 9

I rated A/V a 9 because there were minor frame rate issues. It could have been on my end, but I saw that this was 29.97 fps, but since it's from the Blu-Ray, shouldn't it have been 23.976?

Thanks, the workprint is ripped to MKV with DVDFAB, also to put the sound a little stronger
I ripped it first from the blu-ray to HQMP4 and the final print was 11GB
That is for personal use.
Maybe there was something going wrong in converting from 11GB to 3.23GB
I don't know
I am never satisfied with the quality of the converted files of my edits, (except for Battle) but that is just me.;-)
But, i am glad you liked it.

This should be 23.976. Check to make sure DVDFab isn't forcing the wrong framerate. Also, how are you converting from an 11GB MP4 to a 3.23GB MP4?

No, not MP4 It's MP4 to MKV
I put the big file in Fab, i choose MKV (normal not HQ) when the converting is done it's mostly under the 5GB
That's it.

The container is irrelevant. Please describe your workflow. Somewhere you are forcing 23.976 to 29.97, which is going to cause weird frame blending problems.

I think i found it.
The framerate on Fab.
If i put some file in it the framerate is 29.97
But i must choose 23.976
Jesus christ man, i need some fucking glasses.
Well, that woke me up, Born to kill is not on fanedit info yet, so i convert another MKV

When i'm looking back on those edits ive done there all convert on 29.97
Jesus man, that really pisses me of:x
That is why i see that shaking stuff now and then in those edits
Well, i don't have the energy to remake the whole shit again, but i know it now for my next edit
Maybe i do so now and then a remake, but why didn't i see it sooner? Damn converter:x

Born to kill is re-made and also back on track

Back
Top Bottom