• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Back to the Future 30th Anniversary [Blu-Ray]

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How cool is THIS? :)

I

THE FUTURE IS NOW! BACK TO THE FUTURE 30th ANNIVERSARY TRILOGY

Traveling to Blu-ray™ and DVD on October 20, 2015 along with Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series & Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures

Universal City, California, July 16, 2015 – Great Scott! In 1985 Director Robert Zemeckis, Executive Producer Steven Spielberg and Producer/Screenwriter Bob Gale embarked on a three-part journey through time that broke box-office records worldwide and catapulted Back to the Future into one of the most beloved trilogies in motion picture history. In 1989, the filmmakers gave us a glimpse of the future in Back to the Future Part II as Marty McFly and Doc Brown traveled to 2015…or, if our calculations are correct, October 21, 2015, to be exact. “The Future” has finally arrived.

Now, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment celebrates this once-in-a-lifetime date, as well as the 30th Anniversary of the groundbreaking first film, with three new releases debuting on October 20, 2015. Available on Blu-ray™ & DVD, the Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy will include all three movies plus a new bonus disc with more two hours of content. Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series will be released for the first time ever on DVD featuring all 26 episodes from the award-winning series and Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures will include all three movies, the complete animated series, a new bonus disc, a 64-page book and collectible light-up “Flux Capacitor” packaging. Featuring more than two hours of content, the bonus disc will include all-new original shorts, documentaries, two episodes from the animated series and more.

In addition to the home entertainment release, the Back to the Future celebration continues in theaters when the films go back to the big screen on October 21, 2015. Check local listings for show times. Additionally, Universal Music Enterprises is reissuing an all-new 30th Anniversary picture disc vinyl soundtrack, available October 16th in stores and through all digital partners.

About Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray™ & DVD):

Experience the future all over again with the Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy! Join Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox), Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and a time traveling DeLorean for the adventure of a lifetime as they travel to the past, present and future, setting off a time-shattering chain reaction that disrupts the space time continuum! From filmmakers Steven Spielberg, Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale, this unforgettable collection features hours of bonus features and is an unrivaled trilogy that stands the test of time.

Includes:

Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III

• Bonus Disc with More than Two Hours of Content
  • Digital HD with UltraViolet (Blu-ray™ Exclusive)
  • Collectible Packaging (Blu-ray™ Exclusive)
Bonus Features:

• All New Original Shorts: Including Doc Brown Saves the World!, starring Christopher Lloyd.
  • OUTATIME: Restoring the DeLorean: An inside look at the 2012 restoration of the most iconic car in film history.
  • Looking Back to the Future: A 9-part retrospective documentary from 2009 on the trilogy’s legacy.
  • Back to the Future: The Animated Series: 2 episodes (“Brothers” and “Mac the Black”) from the 1991 series featuring live action segments with Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown.
  • Tales from the Future 6-Part Documentary
  • Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray™ & DVD) Bonus Features Continued:

• The Physics of Back to the Future
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Michael J. Fox Q&A
  • Eight Archival Featurettes
  • Behind the Scenes Footage
  • Music Videos
  • Audio Commentaries
  • Back to the Future: The Ride

About Back to the Future : The Complete Animated Series (DVD):

It’s about time! The adventures continue with all 26 episodes of the award winning Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series, in its entirety and uncut! Join Marty McFly and Doc Brown, Doc’s wife Clara, sons Jules and Verne, and dog Einstein for more hilarious escapades as they time travel to Prehistoric Hill Valley, Ancient Rome, Medieval England, the Civil War, the days of the pirates, the far future and beyond. Featuring live action segments with Christopher Lloyd as Doc Brown, science experiments by Bill Nye the Science Guy and the vocal talents of Mary Steenburgen (Clara), Thomas Wilson (Biff) and Dan Castellaneta (Doc), it is family entertainment at its best and a true treasure for all Back to the Future fans!

Bonus Features:

• Drawn to the Future: New interview with creator/writer Bob Gale and writer John Ludin.
  • Galleries: Rare archival materials featuring character art, DeLorean designs and more.
About Back to the Future : The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray & DVD):

Great Scott! For the first time ever, Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures pairs together the original beloved trilogy starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd along with the complete TV series. Join Marty McFly, Doc Brown and a time traveling DeLorean for the adventure of a lifetime as they travel to the past, present and future, setting off a time-shattering chain reaction that disrupts the space time continuum.
Includes:

• Back to the Future, Back to the Future Part II, Back to the Future Part III
  • Back to the Future: The Complete Animated Series DVD
  • Bonus Disc with More than 2 Hours of Content
  • Digital HD with UltraViolet (Blu-ray Exclusive)
  • Back to the Future: A Visual History 64-Page Book
  • Light-Up “Flux Capacitor” Packaging

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does it have all the Eric Stoltz footage? No. Meh

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

True. Would be very nice to have that. I see a fanmix where McFly goes to the past, alters it considerably and returns to the present looking like Eric Stolz :-D

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

I think that footage would be really interesting to see but they should never release it. I'm surprised they had some on the 25th anniversary release. It's sort of disrespectful to Fox and Stolz. Stolz doesn't want people to see a performance so far from what they wanted that he got fired. And the actor who completed the role shouldn't have to watch them include footage of the guy whom he replaced. Maybe it's just me but that's my 2 cents.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
Stolz doesn't want people to see a performance so far from what they wanted that he got fired.
From what I understand, Stoltz allowed them to show some small portions of the footage on the proviso that none of the footage featured dialogue. So we got a general idea of what it would have looked like, but without the direct comparison a full scene would invite.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
From what I understand, Stoltz allowed them to show some small portions of the footage on the proviso that none of the footage featured dialogue. So we got a general idea of what it would have looked like, but without the direct comparison a full scene would invite.

Ah, that's why the stuff on the 25th anniversary was dialogue-free. That makes sense. If both actors were cool with it, I wouldn't really have an argument (or a point). Otherwise, there's a reason why it's in poor taste to discuss who was beat out for a role in some movie. It's not fair to either person. Selfishly, I'd still really like to see all of the footage because it would be fascinating. But philosophically, I get it.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember the cartoon wasn't great, but it had little educational experiments at the end or beginning with Christopher Lloyd in character. Although it was Dan Castelleneta who voiced the cartoon doc.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Including the Stoltz footage would seem a little disrespectful to me. Not only that, but what does all the footage mean? Every take? Are they supposed to edit the 30 year old footage now for our viewing curiosity?

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've said it before, I'll say it again: you wanna see Stoltz as Marty, watch Some Kind of Wonderful. He may not have given the exact same performance, and the characters aren't entirely alike, but it's a terrific movie, and the overall experience will be much richer than a handful of deleted scenes.

Pics of the 30th Anniversary blu here. I don't care about the animated series, but this new short starring Lloyd sounds intriguing.

Meanwhile, in even bigger news, Bob Gale is personally overseeing a series of BttF one-shot comics. Now that piques my interest:

back-to-the-future-1-4-covers-by-Dan-Schoening-91c86.jpg

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Hopefully it continues that awesome game from Telltale. I've been waiting for a continuation for 5 freaking years :lol:

Did you read the article? It doesn't. The words "video game" don't appear on the page anywhere together.

Also, even if you didn't read it, why would a BTTF comic continue the story of a video game instead of tying into the films? This is a really bizarre notion to me.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Did you read the article? It doesn't. The words "video game" don't appear on the page anywhere together.

Also, even if you didn't read it, why would a BTTF comic continue the story of a video game instead of tying into the films? This is a really bizarre notion to me.

Dang it, you're right. Perhaps I didn't think this through before posting.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Dang it, you're right. Perhaps I didn't think this through before posting.
I played a demo of the Telltale game you were talking about and though point-and-click adventure games are just not for me, I did appreciate the aesthetic, the voice work, and the attention to detail. Someday I may actually buy the game and play it, or I might watch a playthrough on Youtube to see the story.

It is interesting, but the audience for the movie is just soooo much bigger. Unless it was a one-shot that actually came packaged with the game, I don't think I've ever seen a comic continue a video game's story. I could be mistaken.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Only care if the video is properly remastered.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
What video?
The Back to the Future trilogy. The last BD's were not great. DNR, fuzzy image, etc.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
reave said:
The Back to the Future trilogy. The last BD's were not great. DNR, fuzzy image, etc.
I see, I thought you might be referencing the game. I have the last BD's released and I hadn't noticed anything odd but also haven't watched them in a long time. Might be time to introduce the wife to another franchise so I can take a closer look.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
I see, I thought you might be referencing the game. I have the last BD's released and I hadn't noticed anything odd but also haven't watched them in a long time. Might be time to introduce the wife to another franchise so I can take a closer look.
It's not the worst BD I've ever seen, but it's not what it should be.

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:

I heard that he has no say at all over the footage and if they want to put it all in they can. Its just Bob Gale decided that as a courtesy to Stoltz has decided to show very little. Dunno what the issue would be, it was a long time ago. I'm sure he's over it, and knows that people must be curious to see what could have been.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Certainly could be...I have no real insight, you just hear these things and they get passed along. It's difficult sometimes to nail down real facts. :)

Top Bottom