• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Slither (2006): Extended Edition

wmgan

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Intent on devouring all life on Earth, a dark force is infecting anyone in its path. Now, it's up to the local sheriff and his team to stop the spread of rampant devastation and shocking mutilation before it's too late!

Slither-ExtendedEdition-Preview.jpg

+-------------------+
| DVD INFORMATION |
+-------------------+----------------------------------------------------------
Format ......... NTSC DVD-5
Video .......... 720 x 480 Anamorphic Widescreen
Audio .......... English Dolby Digital 5.1
Running time ... approx. 108 minutes
Size ........... 4.29 GB
Completed ...... May 2008

+----------------+
| DVD FEATURES |
+----------------+-------------------------------------------------------------
* Scene selection
* Feature commentary by director James Gunn and actor Nathan Fillion

+-------------------+
| DVD-ROM CONTENT |
* This text file
* Case and disc art

+----------+
| SOURCE |
+----------+-------------------------------------------------------------------
* Slither (2006): Widescreen Edition (NTSC DVD)

+-------------------+
| RESTORED SCENES |
All twelve deleted/extended scenes were reintegrated into the movie:
* Bill and his partner investigate an intrusion in Mrs. MacCammon's house
* Slightly extended classroom scene, leading into a new scene of Grant at his workplace
* Grant and Starla have dinner together, during which he shows his overprotectiveness
* After being possessed by the alien, Grant goes home and files all the meat in the refrigerator, with the song "The New Kid" playing under the scene
* Extended butcher shop scene, in which Grant orders all the meat in the shop
* Extended scene of Grant taking the dog away, leading into a new scene of three kids talking about the missing pets and making references to characters from other movies
* A second dinner scene with Grant and Starla, in which Grant only eats his meat and not his vegetables
* Two goofballs pretend to have sex with a plastic deer outside the Deer Cheer lodge
* Extended conversation between Bill and Starla on the lodge balcony
* Grant tells Brenda how exciting it is for him to be human, before he alien-rapes her
* Starla zones out in the classroom, before calling Dr. Carl
* Kylie names the alien organism that has inhabited Grant's body "The Long One" because it goes back almost forever

+-----------------+
| SOFTWARE USED |
+-----------------+------------------------------------------------------------
A non-exhaustive list of software used:
* Adobe Audition 2.0 with V.I Stereo to 5.1 Converter VST Plugin Suite 1.11
* Adobe Photoshop CS2
* Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0
* Aften Encoder 0.0.8
* AviSynth 2.58
* BeSweet 1.5 beta 31
* DGMPGDec 1.4.9
* DVD-Lab Pro 2.3
* DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
* HC Encoder 0.22

uploaded to Rapidshare

===============================================================================

It's a delicious throwback to the B-grade horror movies of the past -- but with A-grade visual effects! And if you like slow, drawn-out build-ups with lots of exposition and character development, this extended edition is for you. (For those who want to skip right to the scares, you'll have to make your own edit!)

It'll take a couple hours to upload, so check again in the morning for download links.

Sweet, this was a much better than average modern day horror film.

Did anyone notice any level inconsistencies in the deleted scenes? I played around with the levels a bit to try to make them consistent, and there were times when I used e.g. the center channel from a deleted scene with the other 5 channels from some other part of the movie to give the scene some ambient background noise, but I just realized that I did something stupid with one of the audio settings that may have affected my judgment of the levels while editing. It's probably okay, but let me know if anyone has any problems with the levels.

EDIT: P/S I meant audio levels, not color levels.

I noticed two slight audio digital rumbles during this FanEdit. The most obvious was during a scene in a class room before we see a catalpa climb up a plant. Not a big problem for me and I enjoyed the edit.

NickMollocopy.jpg

rapidshare's on the fritz again.

I'm on my final day of a month with RS and this happens on the last FE I planned to DL...

well, once it is up again you can easily get one file as free user.

RS available on linktalk

Back
Top Bottom