• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

IFDB Review: Say Anything... Extended Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Foreword: I haven't seen the original in sometime, which I prefer for watching edits and I also didn't review the changes (log) ahead of watching, which I also prefer. I looked at the edit list back when I downloaded the edit, but I like to not know what I'm walking into; I don't watch an edit for a few months or more after downloading it.What I liked: Seeing the movie with all of the extra footage.What I didn't: A lot of the scenes put back in were jarring. Especially the speech in the beginning because the original had an echo and the added in footage didn't. I would have liked to seen a little more attempt to blend in the new footage.Overall: I think the editor did what he wanted to do and that is great. I didn't feel the movie better in this way than the original and actually makes the movie drag a little bit. Watching this really made me appreciate the original cuts.Extra: Keep up the good work. I don't want you to feel I was bashing you, rather the way you had added back the scenes was really well done, just felt the movie was better without them, which I know wasn't the point of your edit.

More...

Top Bottom