If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

FEOTY: Favourite Edit Of The Year Awards 2014... Voting begins!
Okay first round of voting is over but two categories are still tied: Best FanFix from 2014 and Best Faneditor in 2014. PMs have been sent for a tie-breaker round over the next week.
One day left to go and we still have a tie. Could any other eligible people who havn't voted yet, vote on...

Best FanFix from 2014
and
Best Faneditor in 2014

...so we hopefully don't need another week of runoff voting (PM me if you would like to help out.. Thanks).
Does anyone know if there is already another thread explaining how the nomination and voting process works? I'm curious as to the process. Like are all newcomers automatically nominated for the newcomer category? Are the monthly favorites involved in any way?
Ken Poirier Wrote:I'm curious as to the process. Like are all newcomers automatically nominated for the newcomer category?

Yes all editors who were new to the game in 2014 (and their edits) were/are in the running, including your goodself.

Ken Poirier Wrote:Are the monthly favorites involved in any way?

Not really. Obviously those were popular edits so will attract many votes but being a FEOTM doesn't count towards FEOTY. There's always the possibility that an edit that got overlooked for FEOTM, will triumph here.
In past years, FEOTMs were automatically entered into the FEOTY contest, then we voted on the remaining edits to see which would be in the FEOTY.
TV's Frink Wrote:In past years, FEOTMs were automatically entered into the FEOTY contest, then we voted on the remaining edits to see which would be in the FEOTY.

Yep. Furthermore, in past years we'd have public polls to whittle the list down from 70+ edits to around 20 or so. This was considered the "First Round" of voting and FEOTM winners were automatically First Round winners. Here's an example of one of those polls: http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showthread...ublic-Poll
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
Ah! That clears a bunch of my questions up. Thanks guys!
Adding up the results.

[Image: Lo3QT8.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is my signature or the admin account
All hail [MENTION=3]MCP[/MENTION]. :hail:
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
MCP: "all your pacemaker are belong to us."