• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fusion

maniac

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fusion is done and released.
It's monday on mega

JJE-187 said:
I love this movie, great that your doing an extended version :) I did a "retro vhs style" cover for it
2cgiq3c.jpg
That looks fantastic!! :eek:

Review left on IFDB:
The Fly is a great film in my opinion. I've always liked the baboon-cat scene and though it should have stayed in. This is a very light edit. It's just a great movie with good deleted scenes put back in seamlessly. Great idea and well-executed.

There seems to be quite a bit of judder throughout this release. One example is around the 30 minute mark. Not sure if this is in the original source or due to the encoding.

aprile said:
There seems to be quite a bit of judder throughout this release. One example is around the 30 minute mark. Not sure if this is in the original source or due to the encoding.

Did you check multiple media players or multiple devices to make sure it's the edit and not your setup?

Given that a similar issue was brought up regarding another one of his edits, I suspect that there are some workflow issues to take a closer look at

I prefer making blu-ray discs of edits. I remember reading up on conversions and re-rendering it, then burning it on blu-ray with DVD architect. I remember I thought it was a Euro thing. I didn't notice anything weird when I watched it for what it's worth.

Kal-El said:
Did you check multiple media players or multiple devices to make sure it's the edit and not your setup?

Yes, multiple setups, screens etc. I'd prefer having a dvd5 encode instead of a mkv but beggers can't be choosers.

I just checked the fps of this mkv and noticed it was 29.970 fps so that would explain the judder assuming the original source was a bluray and used the common 23.976 fps.

All the work that ive done so far is convert to that 29.97:x
The converter stands normaly on that and i didn't noticed it
That means i must remake that whole shit again but in time i will do that
Sorry guys, if somebody is pissed of about this it's me
Thanks to Neg and ThrownCpr i realize that there was something wrong, but better late than never right.

aprile said:
I just checked the fps of this mkv and noticed it was 29.970 fps so that would explain the judder assuming the original source was a bluray and used the common 23.976 fps.
That would only account for the stuttering if you're assumption that something went wrong during fps conversion is correct which, in this case at least, it appears to be.
maniac51 said:
All the work that ive done so far is convert to that 29.97:x
The converter stands normally on that and i didn't noticed it
That means i must remake that whole shit again but in time i will do that
Sorry guys, if somebody is pissed of about this it's me
Thanks to Neg and ThrownCpr i realize that there was something wrong, but better late than never right.
If you can convert it to the correct framerate then you can always convert your audio separately as well. You can use Audacity to convert it to the correct framerate, i.e. audio doesn't have a framerate but you can convert it to the correct length that is associated with the framerate used in your video footage. If you can keep the pitch then you're all good, otherwise everyone would sound like squirrels or, if you're going to other way around, Luciano Pavarotti ;-)

For example:
29.97->23.976
Audacity/Effect/Change Tempo/Percent change -20, changes tempo without changing pitch...

Most Pal to NTSC is -4.096 [25fps > 23.976fps]

29.97->23.976 is (assuming not change in the program content) IDENTICAL in audio length. 23.976->24 is a 0.1% change, which most audio editors deal with by changing the base sample rate so that it stays in sync with the video change. This has the effect of VERY SLIGHTLY chaning the pitch. This is usually not noticeable to most people. BTW, this (29.97->24) is a speed UP, not DOWN.

source

Fusion is also re-made and done
I keep in this cut the original ending, because in the first cut i use a slow-motion effect, but i decided to keep it the original style.
I use other fonts and i like the editing of the baboon scene more then in the first edit
This is also a digital version with some music overdub in the beginning and at the end.

I guess making little improvements must help take away the pain of having to redo your edit.
Looking forward to checking out the new improved version.:)

That's right man , all because of that editing software stands normaly on that 29.97fps
But it's all done, well, almost i have to do one more, The Horror, and then the re-editing is all fixed.

Back
Top Bottom