• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Pop up Menu functionaity

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been working on a bluray that's now completed, but I'm having some issues.

The bluray was authored in Encore.

If I play the bluray in PowerDVD, everyhting works other than the popup menu. The button is there, but doesn't do anything when clicked.

If I play the DVD in Arcsoft TMT, the main and chapter menus are navigatable, but when I play the movie the program freezes, and I have to quit back to the menu or exit out.

I'm currenltly waiting on a new burner so I can try a copy in my PS3.

In the meantime, anyone had issues like this before, or know what might be the problem?

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've managed to sort my problem. Turns out it was the naming scheme within my popup menu. There was not page 0, it just started from page 1. I did a test with one of the standard menus within Encore and after it worked, I compared the layer names to my non responsive menu. Bit of a pain since it will never work, but Encore doesn't flag it as an issue before building the disc.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for posting this booshman. I'll be making my first foray with encore this year and fully anticipate problems. If you have any other tips and tricks you've learned about making a BD menu in Encore, please share! (I hear it's a supremely twitchy program)

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been a severe ball-ache. Of all of the Adobe Suite I use, Premiere/ After Effects/ Photoshop, this one is definitely the worst in terms of getting it to do what you want it to.

That said, once you kow what you're doing it's really easy, it's just a case of coping with the twitchyness, and predicting when it's going to screw you over and make you re-input a load of info.

I've ended up only using the menu from Encore, and replacing all of the streams after I'm done with TSmuxer. This meant that I can use TMPGEnc to encode my video, and I can also just mux SRT subtitles after the fact, instead of dealing with subs within Encore, which was proving to be a pain. I'll post some links to the guides I've used, as well as a few things I've noticed that should save you some time.

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see that guide. Been trying to figure out this very thing thanks booshman.

booshman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's some good overall video guides:
[video]https://vimeo.com/ucffilm[/video]

Everytime I imported subs, each entry would overlap with those next to it and produce an invalid stream. I dunno why as the time codes where not overlapping. I ended up just deleting all but the first subtitle so I would have a BD compliant placeholder. I then replaced the streams with SRT files. I also used the same method for replcaing the video.

Here's a tutorial for replacing streams with TSmuxer:
netblender.ning.com/forum/topics/tutorial-full-working-avc?commentId=3371523%3AComment%3A5179&xg_source=activity

If you replace the m2ts and clpi only, pop up functionality won't be affected.

Here's some files you can use to add a thumbnail for play on a PS3:
https://f1.creativecow.net/4912/meta-data-file-for-bluray

You need to open the XML file and change the name to correspond to your disc. Then edit the images but keeping the same dimensions and file names. Then place the files in BDMV/MELTA/DL

I'll update this post later with a few other things, but this is all I got for now...

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is totally awesome. Sadly I am on a Mac so I probably have to fight Encore to the bitter end.

Top Bottom