• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Oh my gawd I can't wait for this. I love that movie so so much. This cast is killer.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, great trailer too!

Two other official videos, starting with the cast confirmation from a few months back:

And the first trailer, in the form of a commercial for the camp itself:

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
New video, in the form of a continuation of the commercial for the camp:

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Now finish up them taters; I'm gonna go fondle my sweaters.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This premiered on Netflix today. The first 2 episodes were pretty great, I'll most likely finish it this weekend.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree. I have watched the first four, the first one is the weakest, but after that is really gets going and hilarity ensues! :lol:

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished the series last night, and loved it!

In fact, I think I enjoyed it more than the original movie. Maybe just because the age ridiculousness of the actors or the outlandish insanity of the various plots, but I laughed continuously through the whole thing. So now, who is going to fan edit this thing into a proper movie prequel? lol

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
We live in a new era of television. Who would have thought that a dvd-delivery business would change cable TV? This show shouldn't exist. It's a TV show that is a prequel to an unsuccessful (well, at least not super successful) movie...that came out nearly 10 years ago AND it features some of the biggest A-List actors working today. Netflix is taking the biggest risks in the entertainment world, not because it's choices are risky, but that they would be insanely risky to attempt with the old model of distribution. We are lucky to be living through this.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished it, loved it. What an awesome last episode! There were some story lines I didn't really care for (Coop and Donna being the biggest) but I had a blast all the way through. I rewatched the movie last night to have a full Wet Hot Weekend. I'd give the movie a 9/10 and the show 8/10.

bionicbob said:
So now, who is going to fan edit this thing into a proper movie prequel? lol

I definitely thought about that as I watched it. I doubt I'd ever do one, but am tempted to at least try. I think it'd be difficult to make it feel more like the original movie, since they have such different looks and styles. But it could use a heavier pop soundtrack, for sure.

Story lines I think would be easy to cut almost completely:

Coop and Donna and Yaron
Kevin and the girl he likes, Kevin and the other boys
Musical auditions (keep a little bit)
David Hyde Pierce's appearances
"Weird Al" appearance

Ken Poirier

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished it and then watched the movie with my friend. She was like, "Wow, they really cast the show well, it looks just like the people from the movie!" I nearly died on the spot.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finished the show. Amazing. A fantastic follow up to a fantastic film. Hope there's more.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I wonder if anyone approached this like I did, four episodes at a time? It basically is 2 films.

Any way you watch it, it's pretty damn good and despite the age differences, the continuity is rock solid.

Picking nits: I wasn't a huge fan of the kids, that story would be the easiest to cut out if someone were to make this season into a 1 or 2 film prequel fanedit. A few of the gags were over-long and the timing could maybe be improved on them with small trims. Amy Poeler's character's story was kinda creepy. Showalter/Wain didn't have the best moments, I thought they should have. Oh well. Far fewer problems than I expected going in.

Favorite jokes of all:

"I think you just became a woman."

"Thank you" (Victor hangs up phone)

anytime where Paul Rudd did something physical

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Literally what you said. I liked it overall but there were a few hits and misses for me. My biggest complaint was the kids but enjoyed pretty much everything else.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Our favourite campers are back baby!!!!

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6lo3v-IcPE[/video]
:D

Top Bottom