• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Blade Runner: Danse Macabre

beezo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
EDIT: Noticed a sound blip last night. I'll fix it shortly and have final DLCs ready for DL before the weekend is over. ALWAYS triple check your work, right?

EDIT: Sound blip fixed. MP4 uploaded to Mega now (PM for links). BD ISO currently uploading. Cover is corrected. New banner uploaded in the banner thread.

EDIT: BD ISO uploaded. DLC files awaiting being shown on dot info. PM me links if you want either.

My latest edit, Blade Runner: Danse Macabre, is complete.

Blade Runner is a boring movie. Beautiful? Yes. But boring, boring, boring. This is my attempt to breathe new life in this dredge by replacing 95% of the droning score with classical music, removing unnecessary scenes, polishing character motivations and focusing the scattershot thematic material. No slave commentary, no origami, no romance and no happy ending.

Here's some snazzy cover art.

KMz2RU2.jpg

Cut List:
Removed 95% of original score and replaced with various excerpts of classical music.
Added Commentary tracks on both the MP4 and BD

Act 1:
-Added Blade Runner: Danse Macabre title
-Removed Opening Text Scroll
-Added new Text (fictional quote from Tyrell)
-Removed most of Deckard getting food
-Removed most of Leon's V.K. Test
-Re-edited opening shots of LA to correlate with new music
-Removed Gaff's origami
-Trimmed dialog between Deckard & Bryant
-Removed dialog, "No." "But that's a risk..."
-Re-edited Rachael V.K. Test so that more time appears to have passed
-Removed dialog, "Commerce, more human..."
-End scene after dialog, "Memories..."

Act 2:
-Intercut between Deckard in Leon's apartment with Leon/Roy going to Chew's
-Remove Deckard inviting Rachael into his apartment
-Intercut between Pris meeting JF and Decard in his apartment
-Removed Unicorn Dream
-Modified "CSI" scene to be slightly less egregious
-Removed Deckard/Taffy scene
-Removed Deckard calling Rachael
-Removed "headshot" of Leon
-Added hard out
-Re-edited Deckard/Rachael scene such that romance is minimized and his aggression is highlighted (he rapes her)
-Removed scene of JF meeting Roy
-JF doesn't "Checkmate", only "Checks"
-Re-edited Roy killing Tyrell so it's more "heard, not seen"
-Removed Roy riding the elevator

Act 3:
-Re-edited Pris' attack on Deckard so it's less implausible
-Re-edited final shot of Deckard killing Pris so it's more "heard, not seen"
-Removed Roy's first encounter with Pris' body
-Removed Roy's head going through the wall
-Removed the dove
-Removed "Slave" dialog
-Removed repetitive shot of Deckard looking at Roy
-Removed dialog, "Done a man's job..."
-Removed dialog, "Finished."
-Removed Unicorn Origami
-Removed Deckard/Rachael scene

A couple of housekeeping items:

1) When you post a thread in the ITW section, it's held in moderation until one of us approves it. Please don't double (and triple) post the thread. If you aren't sure if things are working properly, send a PM to staff.
2) The Fix/Mix forum is for completed edits.

Hmm, usually guys who edit Blade Runner actually LIKE the movie. It'd be interesting to see Blade Runner fanedit made by someone who thinks it is weak and has a completely new vision how to make it more watchable (in his/her opinion).

I'm looking forward to it.

Interested in seeing this take from someone who doesn't like Blade Runner. That should make for a very exciting point of view/take on things.

beezo said:
the droning score

An obvious case of dangerous insanity, somebody call the cops :p but that BR artwork is very classy! Also nice title and a great album too...

I agree with OP - Blade Runner is an amazing vision, amazing story, but oh boy is it booooring. Really interested to see this version!

TM2YC said:
but that BR artwork is very classy!

Can't take all the credit on that, my brother put that together for me.

beezo said:
Can't take all the credit on that, my brother put that together for me.

Kudos to him, although looking at it again, is it right that the title on the front is on the left rather than centered? (It's centered on the wraparound picture, not the front cover).

TM2YC said:
Kudos to him, although looking at it again, is it right that the title on the front is on the left rather than centered? (It's centered on the wraparound picture, not the front cover).

Kinda. It was off center because it had a bleed on the right side for printing. It could probably stand to be moved over slightly, but it comes out fairly clean when printed/cut.

beezo said:
Kinda. It was off center because it had a bleed on the right side for printing. It could probably stand to be moved over slightly, but it comes out fairly clean when printed/cut.
That doesn't make sense. The back is totally centered. The front is centered if you count the spine as part of the front, but the spine is not part of the front. So it is not centered.

addiesin said:
That doesn't make sense. The back is totally centered. The front is centered if you count the spine as part of the front, but the spine is not part of the front. So it is not centered.

I do like that y'all are particular about a quarter inch worth of spacing. I'm going to fix it, along with the text on the spine (as I think that should read top to bottom, not bottom to top). But, the biggest problem I'm having with printing it is actually that all of the subtlety of the dark colors are lost and it ends up being one dark blob throughout most of the image. I'll be taking it to a high-end commercial print facility to see if it's a printer issue as I can't seem to find a reason in the file itself why it would print so poorly.

beezo said:
I do like that y'all are particular about a quarter inch worth of spacing.

If you aren't particular about it, keep the one that's not centered. But don't say it is centered and it's got a print margin on one side of the image if that's just not true.

In this edit, is it implied that
Deckard is a replicant?

hbenthow said:
In this edit, is it implied that
Deckard is a replicant?

No.

If this edit is made by someone who isn't a fan then maybe it should not be called a fanedit. Also the composed score by Vangelis is one of my favourites, and highly appreciated by many, so I am not exactly sure if removing it would do this movie any good. Funny the editor says the movie is boring and then creates a trailer which does not proves the opposite. Yes, I'm very sceptic but then again I am a fan of the movie and have very little to complain about.

Evil Dad said:
If this edit is made by someone who isn't a fan then maybe it should not be called a fanedit.

Feel free to start the website "hater-edit.org"

^ LOL.

It's a fine line between loving a film enough to want to "Save" it and hating a film enough to want to "Save" it. They are like two sides of the same fanediting coin basically... I can't think of a third glib metaphor :-D.

Evil Dad said:
Funny the editor says the movie is boring and then creates a trailer which does not proves the opposite.

Thanks?

Evil Dad said:
If this edit is made by someone who isn't a fan then maybe it should not be called a fanedit.

You do know this whole community snowballed from because someone who didn't like the Star Wars prequels edited them to his liking right? Just saying..

Back
Top Bottom