• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

[V3.0 NOW AVAILABLE - 2021] The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Ultimate Edition by Masirimso17

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
2021 EDIT: This Extended edit is finally available once again! Please start a private convo with me if you're interested.

This is the thread for The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Finale Extended Edition (retitled Ultimate Edition after BvS).

I've decided to seperate my Amazing Spider-Man Extended Editions thread because:

1) I talk mostly about the first movie there and the second movie extremely rarely

2) I'm not working on the first one at the moment but the second one is currently pending approval.

That's why I opened this thread, also I sent TM2YC a PM regarding a request to move The Amazing Spider-Man: Extended Edition to INACTIVE (of course eventually I'll come back to it but until then, I'd like it to stay at inactive). This is because I am working on The Hobbit: Fire & Water right now and I'd like that to have its own thread.

Last edited:

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
What is extended about this exactly? Literally just the finale?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kal-El said:
What is extended about this exactly? Literally just the finale?

No, the whole movie is extended. I added all of the deleted scenes except "Mayhem in the Mourge" and "Peter Meets His Father". However I removed the Sinister Six teasings from the finale because ASM is not continuing anymore. So this movie is more like a Finale than just a sequel, hence the subtitle: Finale Extended Edition.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Isn't this thread supposed to be in "Extended Editions" now that the edit is released?

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
or you could have just asked to have it moved...

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
or you could have just asked to have it moved...

1) I thought it would automatically be removed, sorry. Next time I'll ask. 2) Thank you for moving.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
1) I thought it would automatically be removed, sorry. Next time I'll ask. 2) Thank you for moving.

nothing is automatic here. The staff manually do everything, and yeah, we have lives.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
nothing is automatic here. The staff manually do everything, and yeah, we have lives.

I see. Apologies.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
no worries

1d38007b_tumblr_lh52r8ffry1qhwx3io1_500.gif

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wait... Did you add the deleted scenes with incomplete CGI?

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
As far as I remember, the only ones that had incomplete CGI that I included were "Chasing Gwen" which I fixed by cutting the swinging part, "Felicia Sees Her Boss" which I fixes by zooming a little and cutting the last part and "Goblin Kills Menken" which I couldn't fix at all, sadly. So only that scene has incomplete CGI, but that scene gives closure to the Menken character and shows more of how maniacal Harry has become.

Maybe when I do the second version (which I'm planning to do once I'm done with the first movie) I'll remove that scene, but not likely.

I will remove "Is Peter Home" and "Chasing Gwen" in that second version though because it makes much more sense for Gwen to leave a message like in the theatrical instead of leaving the message to Aunt May.

Smithers

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
As far as I remember, the only ones that had incomplete CGI that I included were "Chasing Gwen" which I fixed by cutting the swinging part, "Felicia Sees Her Boss" which I fixes by zooming a little and cutting the last part and "Goblin Kills Menken" which I couldn't fix at all, sadly. So only that scene has incomplete CGI

Awesome! I really like the Felicia sees her boss scene and I'm glad that you incorporated it. I'm pretty sure that earlier in the film Menken gets electrocuted by Electro and has to be defribulated again, you could just make it so that he dies there rather than later. Of course this is assuming that the guy IS menken and not someone else entirely.

Spiderman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey I was wondering if you would be willing to give me a copy of this edition. I like the ideas of the changes you have made, and was wondering if I could see it. But otherwise, it looks great!

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Spiderman said:
Hey I was wondering if you would be willing to give me a copy of this edition. I like the ideas of the changes you have made, and was wondering if I could see it. But otherwise, it looks great!

Hi Spiderman. Have you read the rules? From now on, if you want links to a fanedit, please don't ask for them in the fanedit's thread, because it is forbidden for anyone to post links to fanedits inside the thread.

In any case, I'm sending the PM now.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=31374]Spiderman[/MENTION], if this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have finished the second version of this Extended Edition. There have been some changes in my changes :p

This time I have decided against using the alternate "Birth of the Goblin" scene (though I did use the Oscorp attack part of it), "Oxford Acceptance", "Is Peter Home?" and "Chasing Gwen". Most importantly, there is a huge improvement of quality this time. Whereas the first version was only a 5 GB MP4, this one is a 25 GB Blu-Ray, though of course there will be a DVD version too.

Below are some clips, I would appreciate some advice and suggestions if you have any, so I can polish the final version before exporting and uploading everything.

Specifically this one below, I had some trouble with editing, so any help, advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so I've decided to include the "Peter Meets His Father" scene, the alternate motivation for Peter. Before, I didn't include it because I didn't believe that he could have survived that plane crash. Now, though, I've decided to ignore that, because Aunt May's mini speech at the end and Gwen's inconsistent speech at the end, as great as they are, pale in comparison to "Peter Meets His Father".

Besides, people have survived plane crashes in the past. Consider this popular event in history: The Turkish Prime Minister surviving a plane crash in 1959, along with ten other people out of twenty-four.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959_Turkish_Airlines_Gatwick_crash

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
If it makes you feel better about it, the plane crash survival rate in real life is well over 90%.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thecuddlyninja said:
If it makes you feel better about it, the plane crash survival rate in real life is well over 90%.

Oh, I didn't know about that. That's good, makes me more comfortable with adding this scene. Thanks :)

EDIT: Are you sure? 90%? I've never heard such odds about surviving a plane crash. Just curious.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
thecuddlyninja said:

Oh, I didn't know about that. That's good, makes me more comfortable with adding this scene. Thanks :)

EDIT: Are you sure? 90%? I've never heard such odds about surviving a plane crash. Just curious.

Only bad ones get reported/remembered. I'm willing to put in the effort of googling to back up my claim:
a442b08ec83b3f994432c5666abcbf6d.jpg

Top Bottom