• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

IFDB Review: Man Of Tomorrow:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Let me say that I’m not a big Sups fan. The first movie is great for its time, the second movie is stupid, I skipped 3 & 4, Returns is boring, and I hated Man of Steel. I’ve watched a few Returns fanedits before but still never found one that really fixed it… well maybe I just found one… A/V Quality – 10. No issues, looks decent! Visual Editing – 8. The editing is overall very smooth and unnoticeable. A few criticisms however: The opening newspapers are too stuttery. (The editor told me privately he’s fixing this.) The opening title is a refreshing change from the BUM-BUM-BUM titles of the original films. However it’s jarring going from a short shot of the starfield then a black screen trying to recreate stars. Just go from Lex to black, Title smashes in. The color correction looks great in a lot of scenes, but too red in some. An easy example is Clark and Martha at the farmhouse in the beginning. Flash frame around the 19 minute mark, another reviewer pointed it out and I believe the editor told me he’s fixing it. Agree with an earlier reviewer that the custom credits are too fast, and it would be good to add the original full credits after the great Luthor scene.Audio Editing – 9.Excellent editing, except for a couple nitpicks… Title card audio transition feels odd. Weird echo sound at 33:58 when Clark says “Yeah well… never mind. But I was wondering…” Other than that, solid work. Narrative – 10. I thought this worked out great! The pacing feels even and I especially loved the new Act 1. All the story-editing done by Kal-El was spot on, in my opinion. Enjoyment – 9. This is easily the best version of Superman Returns I’ve seen. If this were a little more polished it would be a replacement for sure. I was particularly impressed with the way Kal-El re-edited Jason. Sure he’s still an annoying kid, but this is the best you could make of this kid. Major props for seamlessly cutting out Jason killing the goon with the piano. Recommended!

More...

Back
Top Bottom