• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Kung Fury

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is the paid streaming version extended? The version broadcast on El Rey is an hour with commercials... so surely half of it isn't just ads, right?

Edit: Ah. They're using behind the scenes stuff, too. That explains it. Will watch in full later!

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was glorious. Best movie - short or otherwise - I've seen all year. Pure, distilled nostalgic fun.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was the greatest thing I've ever seen.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Excellent work. Totally lived up to the trailer. My favourite part was...

...when you realise the big fight scene has turned into a side-scroller with the looped background thugs and everything :).

Also the "Tracking" bit was a really creative take on the traditional montage. I don't think that idea has been done before?

Bonus vdeo went up the other day. Hackerman Time Travel Tutorial...

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Triceracop cracked me up:)

"I came back in time for you Kung Fury, because dammit I love you"
Hitler did'nt do too much kung-fu'ing, relying mostly on his goons, guns, and giant mechanical Eagle, was that part of the joke?

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Loved it, except that it was too short, I wanted more of everything. Apparently they are going to make a feature length version now that the short film has opened doors for the creator(s).

matrixgrindhouse

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Triceracop cracked me up:)

"I came back in time for you Kung Fury, because dammit I love you"
Hitler did'nt do too much kung-fu'ing, relying mostly on his goons, guns, and giant mechanical Eagle, was that part of the joke?

There needs to be an action figure of that character, immediately.

TM2YC said:
Excellent work. Totally lived up to the trailer. My favourite part was...

...when you realise the big fight scene has turned into a side-scroller with the looped background thugs and everything :).

Also the "Tracking" bit was a really creative take on the traditional montage. I don't think that idea has been done before?

I think it's a variation of the missing reel bit, but VHS-ized. Every bit as fun - how many times did that happen to our personal recordings back in the day? All that was missing was an accidental channel change or short bit of something else taped over it.

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Very, very clever. It's like all the movies I watched in my childhood, but turned up to eleven.
The moustache scene is amazingly funny, both subtitled and in the original Swedish (and I love the foreign language joke there - we need Germans - but they're Swedish - ah, who cares, nobody will know. So 80's!!). (In Swedish he says "your moustache is inadvisable" hahaha) Tank you! (another Swedish pun, since Scandinavians generally struggle with the "th" sound).
So brilliant. Kudos to Norway's sôta bror. :)

leeroy

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
think this would work as a tv show as it reminded me of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
leeroy said:
it reminded me of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Yeah, you could totally do a super-condensed edit of Darkplace, with just the bare bones of the plot, all the action setpieces, the craziest and goriest scenes, the music video etc and give it that same f**ked up VHS look as Kung Fury. Maybe add even more 80s synth music. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Yeah, you could totally do a super-condensed edit of Darkplace, with just the bare bones of the plot, all the action setpieces, the craziest and goriest scenes, the music video etc and give it that same f**ked up VHS look as Kung Fury. Maybe add even more 80s synth music. I'd watch the hell out of that.

ISwYDT.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

*Looks up what that means*

...I'm not sure I do though?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
Oh I thought you were making a reference to this, since you did an edit of Darkplace and make it scratchy VHS style.

Oh, I see :D. That project was kinda the opposit idea of what I was suggesting above. It had filmgrain rather than VHS-FX and I tried to remove as little as possible with that, rather than an all-out-action cut.

darth-gary

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is great! Watched this last night then twice tonight as well... couldn't tell if I was dreaming it or not, heh. Awesome work!

Top Bottom