If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Some Covers I have done.
and comic book version
[Image: xsHdKOk.jpg]
Great job! Your final version is now cohesive and looks better. I think the comic book version is the best, though. Awesome stuff.
^^ At a glance the cover design is quite nice but close up there are quite a few problems I'm affraid...

1. The text on the back is pretty much illegible
2. The back cover photos are extremely low-res and very badly squashed
3. You've accidentally "flood filled" one of the back photos with black and cropped them poorly
4. The text on the front and back is very blurry and again badly squashed
5. Although the front image resolution is just about exceptable I'm not keen on the huge third on the lower part that is just black. The composition seems off to me

The idea is solid but it needs a bit more work IMHO.
TM2YC Wrote:^^ At a glance the cover design is quite nice but close up there are quite a few problems I'm affraid...

1. The text on the back is pretty much illegible
2. The back cover photos are extremely low-res and very badly squashed
3. You've accidentally "flood filled" one of the back photos with black and cropped them poorly
4. The text on the front and back is very blurry and again badly squashed
5. Although the front image resolution is just about exceptable I'm not keen on the huge third on the lower part that is just black. The composition seems off to me

The idea is solid but it needs a bit more work IMHO.

1. the text is selected from another pic
2. i will look for more hi-res pics
3. the entire front and back- background is black- just to work with
4. i used scale and had both h & w locked
5. so what do you recommend - i only had half a pic to work with
jswert123456 Wrote:1. the text is selected from another pic
2. i will look for more hi-res pics
3. the entire front and back- background is black- just to work with
4. i used scale and had both h & w locked

1. Redo the text.
2. Always a good thing to do. Also remember, don't stretch or squash the images.
3. Gotcha, but it looks bad.
4. Again, do the text newly, clean.
5. How about a picture of the Overlook hotel? Of course, it should match the design and be able to blend in with the black background.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
still looking for hi res image of the front pic but full body shot
ok which cover are you talking bout, the comic book version, or the very last version with Jack in the maze on the front.
jswert123456 Wrote:1. the text is selected from another pic

It's still illegible wherever you got it from.

jswert123456 Wrote:2. i will look for more hi-res pics

Sometimes, you have to choose what you work with based on resolution. If I can only find the image I like in a cr*ppy res, I choose a different image.

jswert123456 Wrote:4. i used scale and had both h & w locked

That is not possible. Because just for one example, the title on the spine is squashed less than the title on the front. If you had it locked they would be the same right?

I imagine you based things off this...?

[Image: 850x571xShining_The_2-Disc_Special_Editi...L1-oLP.jpg]

Forget things being "Locked" for now. Just look at the two and tell me your front title looks the same as the front title on this ^ original DVD cover.

[Image: xsHdKOk.jpg]
version 2 of comic book cover
[Image: sFgCKIH.jpg]
It's a good start. Keep going.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this forum post do not represent the views of Fanedit.org or the Administrators. 
version 2 of the maze cover
[Image: EfZuJwN.jpg]