If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Orson Welles
Here's a treat for Welles aficionados - 52 half-hour radio adventures of a certain scoundrel by the name of Harry Lime.

Lives of Harry Lime - Single Episodes

Quote:The Lives of Harry Lime was a British radio series that was produced in London by Harry Alan Towers. Called The Adventures of Harry Lime when first broadcast in Great Britain, the program featured Orson Welles as the title character, reprising his role from the 1949 cult movie, The Third Man.

The radio series was set before that classic film, and depicted Harry Lime's many misadventures as a con-artist. Most of the programs opened with haunting "The Third Man Theme" by Anton Karas being played, followed by a gunshot. Welles would then intone "That was the shot that killed Harry Lime. He died in a sewer beneath Vienna, as those of you know who saw the movie The Third Man. Yes, that was the end of Hary Lime. But it was not the beginning. Harry Lime had many lives... and I can recount all of them. How do I know? Very simple. Because my name is Harry Lime."
  Completed      ITW