• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you sure they should be there?, i just checked the rear are the score channels.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, you are correct. But you have a 2.0 track. there is no way to perfectly blend a 2.0 with a 5.1. You are going to have some dialog in the rear speakers during that scene unless you find a way to remove the dialog (unlikely)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok just wanted to make sure :) , this look ok (-10.7 db)?

Clipboard01-4.jpg

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
looks pretty good visually, hows it sound? is the 2.0 about the same volume? if so, I'd say you're good to go

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Had a word with boon, and he said make the 5.1 to 2.0 and then upscale the whole lot, it's a sacrfice but it's a sacrfice for consistency.

Shades2585

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Personally I wouldn't. For those of us who only listen in 2.0 we'll never notice the difference. Only those who listen in 5.1 might and that's only if it's glaringly obvious. Even then it's a fan edit and I'd understand the occasional oddity.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
it depends on the contents of the deleted scenes. If they are significant and contain a lot of dialog, then maybe boon's suggestion is best, but if their isnt much dialog, I think its better to try to fake 5.1 as best you can for the deleted scenes and keep true surround separation.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes lots of dialog in the scenes.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
King Arthur.
The Wolfman (the new one)

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
w/ shooting script REALLY is a bonus!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought 3 disc Inception too, but our Blu ray doesn't have a bonus storyboard script. :(
Also got Minority Report on Blu Ray, always liked the film but the original was one of the early era dvd's with a picture quality that doesn't look too nice these days even on a upscaling player.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The shooting script is a Best Buy exclusive. I just grabbed it because it was a $5 difference from the standard 3 disc release.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got these Blu-Ray's for Christmas:

Road House
Zombieland
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Grindhouse
A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010)
Despicable Me
Shogun Assassin
We Own The Night
Salt
The A-Team

I also got CSI: Miami Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD but I already have those so I'm going to exchange them.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu's:
Live Free or Die Hard (mainly to round out my DH bluray collection)
Natural Born Killers
Let The Right One In (to replace the one I lent out and never saw again)
The Expendables
DVD:
Watchmen Ultimate (found it cheap and the Blu's are insanely overpriced)
The Box

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Iron man 1 & 2 on blu-ray (bought these for somoene else, found out his sister was buying them for him and too late to cancel)
'Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea' received as a present
Also pre-ordered Scott Pilgrim vs the world, probably not gonna see that in the post before New Year.

Top Bottom