• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Everything. The story was paper thin, the action was pretty much non-stop and over the top,
Not any more than the other 3 though. IMO it was the most fleshed out and well written since First Blood

Really? All I remember is that a group of missionaries wanted Stallone to give them a boat ride somewhere, he said no, then changed his mind and said yes. Then some bad shit happened.

elbarto1 said:
well, the credits were rolling, you could have left ;)

I never leave the theatre until the screen turns black and the credits are rolling. Even with it running during the end credits it's really unnecessary to show the whole walk. Why not just show him getting off the bus, show the farm, then show him start his way down and cue the black screen with running credits?

elbarto1 said:
I hated HULK but I love me some J Bourne. One of the few Matt Damon roles I like. although Supremacy was the best of the 3 IMO.

I wasn't planning on going to see The Bourne Identity. I used to work downtown and there's a movie theatre about a ten minute walk from where I used to work. Every Friday after work I'd walk over there and go see whatever movie was starting next. The movie wasn't bad at first but then they lost me when Matt Damon started doing all these martial arts moves. :lol: I'm sorry but I just don't buy Matt Damon as some tough guy action star. From that point I just bored and couldn't wait for the movie to end. My dad has all 3 Bourne movies though, as well as all 4 Rambo movies, so I might give Bourne and Rambo 4 another shot some time.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well its Rambo, its not supposed to be high art, its better action then all the new shit w/ the rock, vin deisel and john cena FFS. it was also the most gratuitously violent film I have seen in 20 years. no BS CGI blood no cutaway offscreen violence, rambo 4 was the real deal IMO. even if it didnt have a terribly deep plot.
[spoiler:1xnttgze]Part 1 - Rambo returns from Nam, gets taunted by police, gets revenge
Part 2 - Rambo gets called into action to save some POW's
Part 3 - Rambo helps afghans fight russians and saves the Col.
Part 4 - Rambo helps save some missionaries[/spoiler:1xnttgze]
None of the films are very deep, I just found 4 the most realistic of the series, right up their w/ the original (which was still kinda cheesy)
But IMO if you are looking for a deep plot in a rambo film you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. after all, its stallone!

Bourne isnt for everyone and I dont buy Matt Damon as a tough guy either but I thought he played the role well and the series was smart and interesting rather than just a silly Jamnes Bond ripoff.
like I said before, I didnt really get sucked into the series utill I saw Supremacy (part 2) and Ultimatum was good (would have been great if it didnt have such quick-cut editing. I really hate that) but I like the Bourne series as much as I like the new Craig Bond films. they are exciting and well acted but still not perfect.

Give them another shot sometime if you feel the desire.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
well its Rambo, its not supposed to be high art, its better action then all the new shit w/ the rock, vin deisel and john cena FFS. it was also the most gratuitously violent film I have seen in 20 years. no BS CGI blood no cutaway offscreen violence, rambo 4 was the real deal IMO. even if it didnt have a terribly deep plot.

I know I'm not suppoed to expect much from an action film but I was expecting more than what they delivered. It seemed all they wanted to do was throw in as much over-the-top violence as they could possibly get away with and that just doesn't work for me. If I wanted to see over-the-top violence with no plot whatsoever I'd just watch the Faces Of Death/Traces Of Death etc. type mondo films or Fox's When Animals Attack specials.

I like The Rock and Vin Diesel but I haven't seen anything with John Cena.

elbarto1 said:
Bourne isnt for everyone and I dont buy Matt Damon as a tough guy either but I thought he played the role well and the series was smart and interesting rather than just a silly Jamnes Bond ripoff.

I didn't see the movie as Bond rip-off at all. And like I said I was into the movie up until Damon started going all Jackie Chan at the bank. I had a good laugh but then I got bored.

elbarto1 said:
like I said before, I didnt really get sucked into the series utill I saw Supremacy (part 2) and Ultimatum was good (would have been great if it didnt have such quick-cut editing. I really hate that) but I like the Bourne series as much as I like the new Craig Bond films. they are exciting and well acted but still not perfect.

Give them another shot sometime if you feel the desire.

They sell the trilogy box set for like 15$ and I've been tempted to buy it to see if I'd like the movie the second time around but I've been hesitant because I didn't want to waste my money in case I still didn't like it. Like I said though my dad has all three so I might give the first one another look but I can't promise I'll like it.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TSCC season 2 w/ steel slipcase (not pictured)
B001AQO43M.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I Vampiri (1956)
by Ricardo Freda (in fact mostly by Mario Bava)

I did not see it yet.

090611_vampires1.jpg

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Persepolis on Bluray
Tintin boxset on DVD

JasonN

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[REC] on DVD
Re-Cycle on DVD
Trick R Treat on DVD

Not much else as far as regular movies goes (most of the DVDs that I've been buying lately is Japanese anime).

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Robocop
Robocop 2
Robocop 3 (I guess I'll finaly see those flying fighting ninjas...)

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got my copy of "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace" the other day. :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow! It's been almost two months since anybody posted in here. Here's what I got for Christmas, movie-wise.

DVD's:

Family Guy Vol.7
Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood (Deluxe Edition)
Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (Deluxe Edition)

Blu-Ray:

Juno
The Hangover
Monsters vs Aliens
Star Trek (2009)
Public Enemies
Terminator Salvation
All About Steve
Inglorious Basterds

The only ones I didn't get that I asked for were "CSI: Miami Season 7" on DVD and "Angels & Demons" on Blu-Ray.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Inglorious Basterds (DVD)
Primer (DVD)
Leon The Professional (Blu)
Heat (Blu)

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Primer (DVD)
I was actually speaking about that movie a few days ago. Couldn't remember the name, so I gave the friend that told me about a vague description and she got it.

Latest DVDs I bought were Futurama Vol. 4 and two Deep Purple retrospective titles.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
gonewiththewind.jpg

I've wanted this for a loooong time and decided that it would be my xmas present to me this year.

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got, in DVDs,

I Am Legend
Runaway Jury
The Last King of Scotland

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just picked up The Dark Knight for 10$ and The Shawshank Redemption for 13$, both on Blu-Ray, at Best Buy.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Hand That Rocks The Cradle (DVD) (5$ at Wal-Mart)
Yes Man (Blu-Ray)(12.50$ at Wal-Mart)
Natural Born Killers Director's Cut (Blu-Ray)(12.99$ at Best Buy)

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" on Blu-Ray for $13.99 each at Zellers today.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ripplin said:
Got "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" on Blu-Ray for $13.99 each at Zellers today.

Should have gone to Best Buy. They were selling both movies on Blu-Ray for 9.99$ each. Wal-Mart also had TDK listed at that price but when I went today they didn't have it anymore.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Ripplin said:
Should have gone to Best Buy. They were selling both movies on Blu-Ray for 9.99$ each.
I'd love to go to Best Buy, but the gas burned up driving an hour and a half to get there would kinda cancel out the difference, plus interest. ;)

Top Bottom