• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Lars Von Triers Riget I & II (AKA The Kingdom) and Black Snake Moan

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up:

Dreamgirls (Blu-Ray)
Failure To Launch (Blu-Ray)
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street (Blu-Ray)
Hustle & Flow (Blu-Ray)

Got all four at Wal-Mart for 9.97$ each.

white43

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just bought the American Pie series 1-6 for £15. Bargain, but saying that - Band Camp is actually worth negative figures - so it doesn't work out so well. :grin:

dork313

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last one I bought was Resident Evil: Degeneration. It wasn't what I was hoping for but atleast it was an RE movie that was went along with the games. Definitely disappointed in the animations.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found two "World" discs for under $10 each...

"West" and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad".

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up another DVD which doesn't get released until the 13th. This time it was Tokyo Gore Police. I asked and he's supposed to be getting the new editions of the first three Friday The 13th early as well so it looks like I'll be getting those a week or two early as well.

Horrorgrind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Picked up another DVD which doesn't get released until the 13th. This time it was Tokyo Gore Police. I asked and he's supposed to be getting the new editions of the first three Friday The 13th early as well so it looks like I'll be getting those a week or two early as well.

I preordered the uncut Friday the 13th Part 1 from Amazon.. I think i'm going to pass on the other two. From what i've heard, Parts 2 and 3 are the theatrical versions once again. I also pre-ordered My Bloody Valentine special edition.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Horrorgrind said:
Frantic Canadian said:

I preordered the uncut Friday the 13th Part 1 from Amazon.. I think i'm going to pass on the other two. From what i've heard, Parts 2 and 3 are the theatrical versions once again. I also pre-ordered My Bloody Valentine special edition.

Parts 2 and 3 are indeed the theatrical cuts as I've heard but the third one is supposed to be available in both 2D and 3D on the same disc from what I've heard so I'm looking forward to that. I haven't heard much else about the extras on the third one though but hopefully it'll be along the same lines as the first two. One thing that appears to be missing from the first one though is the documentary or cast reunion, whatever it was I haven't seen it, that's currently available on the uncut edition from non-region 1 land. I wonder if that was just an oversight or if it's really included. I'd hate to have to get both the new region 1 and one of the foreign releases just for that one feature.

The My Bloody Valentine disc is pretty cool. You've got both cuts of the film, 10 deleted scenes, a featurette, a horror movie timeline and a bunch of trailers. I'm not a fan of the way they did the trailers though. They've got them all bunched together under the "Also available from New Line" tag so they all play one after the other as soon as you click on it. They didn't even include a theatrical trailer for the original film but a trailer is included for the remake.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The rest of my order from Columbia House came in today. Here's what I got:

Silk Stalkings Season 1
Family Guy Vol. 6
The Ladies Man
Halloween 6: The Curse Of Michael Myers

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Burning
Blade Runner (5-Disc Complete Collector's Edition)(Blu-Ray)

The Blade Runner one only cost 37$ brand new at Best Buy. What a deal!

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
dude i picked up the BR bluray for like $20 so no, that isn't a good deal.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:

Where did you pick it up at that price? Was it brand new? I just checked Best Buy.com and Amazon.com and both sites have it for more than that. BB has it for 35$ US and Amazon has it for 25$, on sale I might add with the regular price being 40$. Plus remember I live in Canada so prices are slightly higher here than in the US.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Gattaca
- The Thing (remastered, 2 DVD)

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
joebshmoe said:

Where did you pick it up at that price? Was it brand new? I just checked Best Buy.com and Amazon.com and both sites have it for more than that. BB has it for 35$ US and Amazon has it for 25$, on sale I might add with the regular price being 40$. Plus remember I live in Canada so prices are slightly higher here than in the US.

i bought it new at best buy right when it came out. the bluray boxset was CHEAPER than the DVD 4 disc set - which is crazy.

i'm 99% sure it was $22. i remember because i was buying the DVD set for my brother for christmas in '07 and ended up with a bluray set for myself, too! :)

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Damn, I spent $70 on Rick Dekkards briefcase.
I have seen the stand alone BR for about $20 from time to time at stores like Best Buy and have been tempted to buy it just to keep a sealed copy in the Briefcase - but I never do.

$37 Canadian isnt bad I suppose thats like $20 US right? My girlfriend and I ate at Denny's when we were on holiday at Niagra Falls and it cost me $50. Frickkin Canadian prices :shock:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
joebshmoe said:
Frantic Canadian said:
joebshmoe said:

i bought it new at best buy right when it came out. the bluray boxset was CHEAPER than the DVD 4 disc set - which is crazy.

i'm 99% sure it was $22. i remember because i was buying the DVD set for my brother for christmas in '07 and ended up with a bluray set for myself, too! :)

I find that strange too because when I picked up the 5-disc BR I noticed that they had the 4-disc DVD for the same price. Who in their right mind is going to pay the same price for one disc less? I mean even if you don't have a BR player you got to think that you're going to buy one at some point in the near future so why not just save yourself some money now and get the workprint disc as well for the same price. I kind of wish I had picked this up earlier though. Back in September or October they were selling the same 5-disc BR for 25$ but I passed on it because I didn't have a BR player, although in my defense I didn't pick up the regular DVD version either.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1 said:
Damn, I spent $70 on Rick Dekkards briefcase.
I have seen the stand alone BR for about $20 from time to time at stores like Best Buy and have been tempted to buy it just to keep a sealed copy in the Briefcase - but I never do.

$37 Canadian isnt bad I suppose thats like $20 US right? My girlfriend and I ate at Denny's when we were on holiday at Niagra Falls and it cost me $50. Frickkin Canadian prices :shock:

I considered picking up the briefcase but I haven't seen the film in so long that I don't know if it be worth the 100$ HMV is charging for it, and it's the DVD briefcase not BR. I'm happy with just the regular 5-disc set though. The conversion isn't so bad though. I just checked and 36.99$ Canadian comes to 30.29$ US.

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The briefcase isnt really all that special unless you are a weirdo collector or huge BR fan (like me).
as far as special collectors edition dvd sets go, its at the top of my list but the 5 disc set is enough for most people. I am just glad I chose the BR over the HDDVD version because when it was released the format war could have gone either way. I chose BR because the discs dont scratch as easily.

I swear the conversion rate was almost 2 American dollars for every 1 Canadian when I was there a few years ago (3 I think), combined w/ tourist area (Niagra falls) price hikes meant astronomical costs for my poor ass.

joebshmoe

Reaction score
Trophy Points
elbarto1, i think that trip was expensive JUST because you were at niagara falls, LOL

mmm i don't remember the northern USA's dollar being more than 1.4:1 and actually, didn't it go down last year? i remember being in vancouver thinking i was getting a steal of a deal.

shit, 8 years ago the ratio was like 1:2 and they were giving stuff away!

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, I am sure of it. But it was my only Canadian experience.

Top Bottom