• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Dreamfever

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just had to get me the Blade Runner Briefcase set on Blu-Ray and I don't even have BD-ROM drive yet, or even hardware that will handle those kind of bitrates. I figure the time will come though. I couldn't help myself but to grab the last £50 one on the Amazon Marketplace. There is nothing listed as "new" for under £115 now.

I'm just hoping there will be room in the briefcase for some standard DVD burns of the same set and also the Splitscreen version and ADM's Extended Edition as well, and also perhaps a DVD or two of various supplemental material and avi's etc. I could keep adding to the collection by burning some CDs of the awesome Esper Productions bootlegs. As well as fine 2CD set, there is also the much more ambient mix entitled "November 2019" which is well work checking out, and which I believe contains samples from the game. And then of course the official 25th Anniversary 3CD set. There is a whole new bunch of material freshly written by Vangelis especially for the film. It's would be awesome if some of that got worked into a FanEdit some time. I have a plenty of ideas there but sadly still minimal tech skills when it comes to hacking away at media files..

And of course any additional discs will just have to be on TDK media. Just seems so apt, considering the name is right there in neon during Roy's final words.

I also just snagged me a copy of the Legend Ultmate Edition. I guess I will be soon joining the great "which version of the soundtrack is the best?" debate.. Sigh. My original motivation for getting that, however, is perhaps pulling some more unicorn footage from there to make some kind of "Unicorn Dreams" version of Blade Runner.

I am in serious danger of becoming obsessed with this movie(I think that has already happened). I'm already planning a new Blade Runner tattoo.. Thinking of using the Tyrell Corp owl logo as a basis for it..

Faustus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dreamfever, I did the very same thing! I bought the 5-disc standard DVD release and the 5-disc Blu-Ray briefcase set even though I don't have a BD player. I don't want to risk the 5-disc Blu-Ray being discontinued until I get my player and I thought I might as well get the briefcase.

I got American Gangster 3 Disc Steelbook Region 1 and Fantasia Anthology 3 Disc Region 1 today, from eBay.

Dreamfever

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Faustus said:
Dreamfever, I did the very same thing! I bought the 5-disc standard DVD release and the 5-disc Blu-Ray briefcase set even though I don't have a BD player. I don't want to risk the 5-disc Blu-Ray being discontinued until I get my player and I thought I might as well get the briefcase.

I'm really hoping the model unicorn is up to scratch. If it isn't I guess I will just have to start brushing up on my origami skills.. Oh, and I simply MUST get myself one of those neon umbrellas. I got it bad, I tell ya!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went downtown tonight to pick up my copy of Safe which had just come in and also picked up The Beyond (Grinhouse Releasing edition), SS Girls and Happiness. I also placed an order for Phantasm II (region 2) and the Japanese edition of Kill Bill Vol. 1.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I checked and the region 2 of Phantasm II that I ordered isn't the one I wanted. The one that the guy found was a single disc edition from the UK and that one is bare bones and fullscreen. The one I'm looking for is actually a region 2 from Germany. I don't know if he'll be able to get it though because it's actually a bootleg.

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My girlfriend just picked up Borat for $2! Came packaged with a nifty "Glorious Kahzakstan" t-shirt too. Sweet.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
jokersmailbag said:
My girlfriend just picked up Borat for $2! Came packaged with a nifty "Glorious Kahzakstan" t-shirt too. Sweet.

That's an awesome deal but I still wouldn't pick it up. That guy annoys the hell out of me, and I don't find him funny in the least.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I checked and the region 2 of Phantasm II that I ordered isn't the one I wanted. The one that the guy found was a single disc edition from the UK and that one is bare bones and fullscreen. The one I'm looking for is actually a region 2 from Germany. I don't know if he'll be able to get it though because it's actually a bootleg.

Called the store back and cancelled my order for Phantasm II. The guy checked but couldn't get the region 2 German bootleg though, it was oop and he couldn't find a source that had any copies left.

Turns out that the Japanese edition of Kill Bill Vol.1 is oop but he managed to find me a copy, although it's going to cost me 40$. I also ordered the region 3 Hong Kong edition of Kill Bill Vol.2. It's a two-disc edition with more extras than the region 1 and the movie is also uncut so that's another bonus. That one is going to cost me 30$.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nemesis (3$)
Nemesis 4 (3$)
The Nun (3$)
3 Extremes II (3$)
Repo Man (Collector's Edition)(5$)
Nine Lives (5$)
Short Cuts (6.88$)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Addams Family (3 seasons box set)
Resident Evil Apocalypse (Special Edition)
Resident Evil Extinction (Special Edition)
Daywatch
The Grudge 2 (Director's Cut)
and some others I forgot...

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The One-Armed Swordsman (Dragon Dynasty edition)
Cannibal Ferox (Grindhouse Releasing edition)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My Pet Monster: The Complete Series
Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead (3-disc Collector's Edition)

Heinrich

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kill Bill Box Set (normal, with no kinky stuff; now i´m finally ready for KBM´s ´KillBill X´)

The Incredibles (my kids loved it and me too)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up a couple of orders today and got:

Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Region 2 Japanese edition)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Region 3 Hong Kong edition)
Roommates

I also bought:

Police Story 2 (Dragon Dynasty edition)
Tales From The Darkside: The Movie
Secrets Of Sweet Sixteen/Looking Good

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just placed an order for the region 2 UK edition of Bugsy Malone (Sing-A-Long Edition). As far as I know it's only been released in the UK so it had to be specially ordered but it's only going to cost me 22.99$ plus tax so that's pretty good. I can't wait to see it again, I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid and I loved it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the following DVD's for Christmas:

Wanted (2-disc)
Step-Brothers (2-disc)
The Dark Knight (2-disc Best Buy Exclusive)
The X-Files: I Want To Believe (3-disc)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got part of my order from Columbia House, here's what I got:

Silk Stalkings Season 3
Silk Stalkings Season 4
Far From Heaven
Life As A House

I also just came back from the pawn shop and picked up the following VHS tapes:

Angus
Terrifying Tales (horror anthology)
Cookie's Fortune (Screening Copy)
World Traveler (Screening Copy)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up "He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe" Season One Volume 1 and Volume 2, the original series, from HMV tonight for 10$ each. What a deal.

Top Bottom