• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ That cover is amazing!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I dimly recall my parents owning that movie on VHS back in the day. I never watched it myself, though.

I have it on VHS, DVD, and now Blu-Ray. I had been holding off on buying it because the only reasonably priced Blu-Ray release is the Mill Creek one. The Kino Lorber release averages 25-30$ in stores here. And the only extras are a director's commentary track and theatrical trailers for this and other Kino Lorber releases. But then I saw that Amazon.ca was selling it for only 12.48$ and I had to jump on it. It would have been great if they had a commentary track with Kathleen Turner as well. Or maybe one with Sara Paretsky, who created the character and has written countless novels about her, but I'm happy just to have a good copy on Blu-Ray.

TM2YC said:
^^ That cover is amazing!

That's actually just the theatrical poster art. They used the same art for the VHS cover, as well as the DVD cover from Hollywood Pictures. The Mill Creek release has the same image of Kathleen Turner, they just changed the backdrop. They got rid of the big W. Now all you have is a backdrop of Chicago. The poster art is pretty simple but I love it. Really grabs your attention.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
First trip to the city since lockdown was eased last month.
z94jGGE.jpg

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:

I have to ask: does Night Watch/Day Watch include the crazy English subtitles or not?  If you're not sure if they qualify as crazy, then they're not.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CatBus said:
Malthus said:

I have to ask: does Night Watch/Day Watch include the crazy English subtitles or not?  If you're not sure if they qualify as crazy, then they're not.
I'll have to watch it first

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone here familiar with Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2? It's a comedic redubbing of Night of the Living Dead from the 90s. My father introduced me to it. A lot of the humor...has not aged well. You can find it on YouTube if you're curious. It's not great but it has some funny moments.
Well anyways, on Wikipedia it mentions that there are 3 sequels. I went down the rabbit hole of trying to track them down because I was curious, and there's barely any record of them online. Eventually I found someone selling part 2 and 3 on ebay, I contacted the seller to see if I could get just part 3 since I already have part 2. So he agreed, it was half the price of the initial listing, but still more expensive than I'd like to admit. I placed the order on Saturday and it just arrived today. This one is a comedic redubbing of The Brain That Wouldn't Die. It's probably not good but the fact that it's hard to find made me so curious. Aaand on the case it clearly shows that the seller got it for 3 dollars, that hurts.
jmgpi4O.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
51IfUrAHkLL._AC_.jpg

8197%2Bp-CjoL._AC_SX466_.jpg

s-l600.jpg

51F9CH92R0L._AC_SY445_.jpg

I spent over $90 on Batman: The Complete Animated Series. It's the most I've ever spent on any DVD/BD, and it's not a decision I made lightly. But I figured if any series was worth the price, B:TAS was certainly it.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I spent over $90 on Batman: The Complete Animated Series. It's the most I've ever spent on any DVD/BD, and it's not a decision I made lightly. But I figured if any series was worth the price, B:TAS was certainly it.

Yeah, but you get the complete 4 season series for that price. And it's on Blu-Ray. So not so bad. The most I've ever spent on a Blu-Ray or DVD was 120$ for the Hellraiser: The Scarlet Box from Arrow Video. Well worth the price though. And I forgot to post this over the weekend but I just got this one in from Amazon.

116924139-2854950241496525-6957050753297133420-n.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up some used Redbox discs for $4-5 each: Spider Man: Far From Home, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (might fan edit someday - that Easy Breezy scene is just way too on the nose), and 21 Bridges (blind buy). Happily, they all look to be in pretty good shape.

Also blind bought HBO's Watchmen series. $20, or $2.22/ep, seems a reasonable risk/value.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Picked up some used Redbox discs for $4-5 each: Spider Man: Far From Home, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (might fan edit someday - that Easy Breezy scene is just way too on the nose), and 21 Bridges (blind buy). Happily, they all look to be in pretty good shape.

Also blind bought HBO's Watchmen series. $20, or $2.22/ep, seems a reasonable risk/value.

Redbox is still a thing?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
^ You calling me a liar?! :mad:

;)

:D  No, I honestly had no idea that Redbox was still around. I had figured that they had gone the way of the video store.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Gaith said:
^ You calling me a liar?! :mad:

;)

:D  No, I honestly had no idea that Redbox was still around. I had figured that they had gone the way of the video store.

They have a niche.  Low bandwidth/rural areas and newish releases not yet on the more popular streaming services.  Not enough to afford retail space, but apparently enough to afford a fleet of robot vending boxes.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
8d94e629-86b0-4153-a2db-ab87375f2cde_1.bf856220d921498f295f789d979354ae.jpeg

51S9Vi-BY0L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Totoro.Combo.Cover.72dpi.png

s-l300.jpg

e8983f092f3b1417ba059d93a21a17ea.jpg

A year after giving away my entire Star Wars collection, here I am, buying ANH:GOUT once again. I'm such the fickle mistress.

P.S.: I threw the first disc straight in the trash.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I recently also got my hands on the Star Wars GOUT, meaning I've completed the Golden DVD Saga. 

VuqdRoe.jpg

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
fBF498t.jpg

Pretty excited about tinkering with these, even more so having discovered that Valerian has a clean central channel.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
5131H99H7PL._AC_SY445_.jpg

41DoH%2BAWKEL._AC_SY445_.jpg

91bykP20siL._AC_SX342_.jpg

51JYKWfBACL._AC_.jpg

cc88fb3f3329fc87d074038aef3ec915.jpg

51S9jEQCPvL._AC_SY445_.jpg

816n0bQIwnL._AC_SX342_.jpg

I've never seen American Gothic, never even heard of it before last week, but I like Gary Cole and '90s horror, so I figured I'd take a chance on it. Hope I enjoy it.

Top Bottom