• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yippee ki yay! Time to upgrade my old DVD set

BFvvlz2.jpg

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have added way too many items to my collection since I was last here, at least 200 I'd say, but this are the most recent additions.

I was super excited to finally get my hands on Popcorn. Been wanting that one for ages but it was always so expensive. I got lucky with Pitch Perfect 3. Picked it up at a pawn shop for only 5$. And it still had a working digital code. Score!  :D

000-0002.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Malthus said:
Why on earth was the Jumanji sequel not call Twomanji?! Seriously.

Meh, no sequel title can top the ridiculous awesomeness that is 2 Fast 2 Furious. Best to not even try. :p

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up Venom for 5$ at a pawn shop. Was surprised to find it there because I rarely come across boutique label titles at second hand stores. Blue Underground's titles also typically go for around 50-60$ Canadian. And this one is out of print.

Picked up The Wizard and Jaws at Sunrise. Been wanting The Wizard since this release was announced. And how could I pass up Jaws on 4K/Blu-Ray combo pack for only 17$? I'm not set up for 4K yet but I'm loving that the 4K/Blu-Ray sets are going down in price.

000-0002.jpg

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Grabbed a couple of discs for my Thor: Odinson! and the original Ghost Runner projects.

WWo0Czv.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
91rzvSNkGuL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Loved the early seasons of Mad TV when I was a teen. I hope it holds up.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
91rzvSNkGuL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Loved the early seasons of Mad TV when I was a teen. I hope it holds up.

I still remember watching the first episode the night it aired.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
000-0008.jpg

Finally added Shout Factory's release of 'The Burbs to my collection. I had been hoping that we'd get a release with the workprint since Arrow Video released their edition in the UK. I'm a little disappointed with the banged up slipcase, but the release itself definitely does not disappoint.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
New addition to the collection. For some reason this never got released on Blu-Ray here. And I only saw the DVD for sale once, week of release back in 2014. Saw this one on Amazon for just under 20$ and had to jump on it. If you like slasher movies and musicals you need to check this one out.

000-0003.jpg

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Picked up Venom for 5$ at a pawn shop. Was surprised to find it there because I rarely come across boutique label titles at second hand stores. Blue Underground's titles also typically go for around 50-60$ Canadian. And this one is out of print.

Picked up The Wizard and Jaws at Sunrise. Been wanting The Wizard since this release was announced. And how could I pass up Jaws on 4K/Blu-Ray combo pack for only 17$? I'm not set up for 4K yet but I'm loving that the 4K/Blu-Ray sets are going down in price.

000-0002.jpg

I have a sense that we get ripped off over here in the UK when it comes to 4K. $16.95 for Jaws is a bargain. ..that still retails at £19.99 over here...so i think i'll wait for the sales.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Last Impressions said:
Frantic Canadian said:

000-0002.jpg

I have a sense that we get ripped off over here in the UK when it comes to 4K. $16.95 for Jaws is a bargain. ..that still retails at £19.99 over here...so i think i'll wait for the sales.

You guys definitely have it better when it comes to Arrow Video releases though. Over here they average for between 40-50$. It's actually cheaper for me to order an Arrow Video UK release than it is for me to order one of their North American releases. I really should look into buying a region free Blu-Ray player.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
You guys definitely have it better when it comes to Arrow Video releases though. Over here they average for between 40-50$. It's actually cheaper for me to order an Arrow Video UK release than it is for me to order one of their North American releases. I really should look into buying a region free Blu-Ray player.

It's swings and roundabouts. We ripped off on Criterion, Shout Factory and the like.

Frantic Canadian said:

That Judge Dredd cover (carried over from the Region1 DVD) is one of the all-time photoshop nightmares :D . The film transfer within is very nice though IIRC.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Frantic Canadian said:

It's swings and roundabouts. We ripped off on Criterion, Shout Factory and the like.

You're not the only ones. Criterion's aren't cheap here either. And Scream Factory release differ depending on if it's a Collector's Edition or not. If it's not then they're typically around 22.99$. And if it is they're typically around 30-35$. They started off at 25$ then went up to 30$ and then up again to 35$. Now they seem top be settled at 30-35$ depending on the title and if it's a single disc or dual disc release.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
0728201242.jpg

Would you look at that, my copy of The Departed on HD DVD came.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dimly recall my parents owning that movie on VHS back in the day. I never watched it myself, though.

Top Bottom