• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Some new quarantine entertainment

2c4YdcS.jpg

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My daughter is a big fan of Octonauts and all things oceanic so I decided to share a piece of childhood nostalgia with her and rewatch Gerry Anderson's Stingray. Sixties kitsch puppet based undersea action.

B9TOxGH.jpg

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got this here classy-looking disc case for my birthday. Up close, the cover is clearly printed, and not as elegant as the pictures suggest, but it looks adult enough at a reasonable distance, so one can keep schlocky discs like CHiPs, Battle: Los Angeles, SWAT, and the Fast & Furious saga close at hand without it being too obvious. :p

51gN7rI6XFL.jpg

0bc.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
81TEA24ZOCL._SX342_.jpg

515HXtWz55L._AC_SX342_.jpg

510XC6N2XAL._SY445_.jpg

Regarding that Back to the Future trilogy set, I'll only be keeping the first disc. I dislike BTTF2, and BTTF3 can't really be enjoyed on its own, so that makes me an original film purist by default.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I think BttF Part II might be my personal favorite, but I can't see myself rewatching it until the individual Zemeckis and Gale partly based alt-1985 Biff on is less of a newsworthy figure than he is today. :(

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
81TEA24ZOCL._SX342_.jpg

510XC6N2XAL._SY445_.jpg

Regarding that Back to the Future trilogy set, I'll only be keeping the first disc. I dislike BTTF2, and BTTF3 can't really be enjoyed on its own, so that makes me an original film purist by default.

It looks like Doc Brown, Barf, Dark Helmet, President Skroob, and the animals of Lion King are looking at the same thing... I wonder what it is?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
268x0w.jpg

I don't' like to buy digital, but Fight The Future is near impossible to get on blu ray for a decent price. Saw this on iTunes for $9.99 so I figured I'd make due with an iTunes HD version. That makes $34.98 total for Seasons 1-11 and the feature films in HD. Cheaper and better quality than buying used DVD's and sure beats the physical price at the moment.

Also picked this up for $4. It's ridiculous, but I like it :)
268x0w.png

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Duragizer said:
81TEA24ZOCL._SX342_.jpg

510XC6N2XAL._SY445_.jpg

It looks like Doc Brown, Barf, Dark Helmet, President Skroob, and the animals of Lion King are looking at the same thing... I wonder what it is?

SV9zy5y.gif

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple of films from a couple of legends....albeit at each end of their career spectrum.Stallone at the beginning and Eastwood in his very productive winter of his . I don't think i have seen 'Paradise Alley' but it maybe something i watched in the 80's and just can't remember...i'm sure i'll get a memory jolt once the opening credits role.                 At these prices i couldn't resist. A review on Sinbad's thread will be forthcoming

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple of films from a couple of legends....albeit at each end of their career spectrum.Stallone at the beginning and Eastwood in his very productive winter of his . I don't think i have seen 'Paradise Alley' but it maybe something i watched in the 80's and just can't remember...i'm sure i'll get a memory jolt once the opening credits role.   At these prices i couldn't resist. A review on Sinbad's thread will be forthcoming

RjQUq7i.jpg
[/img]

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A couple of films from a couple of legends....albeit at each end of their career spectrum.Stallone at the beginning of his and Eastwood in his very productive winter of his . I don't think i have seen 'Paradise Alley' but it maybe something i watched in the 80's and just can't remember...i'm sure i'll get a memory jolt once the opening credits roll.   At these prices i couldn't resist. A review on Sinbad's thread will be forthcoming

RjQUq7i.jpg

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This eventually gets to the point, I promise.

Re: the Stranger Things Blu-rays, I worked in a (used & new) record store around the time Nirvana's Nevermind came out.  For you youngsters out there, that's the album that more or less a third of the planet bought in physical form, not too many years before they gave up on physical media entirely.  When it was hot, we couldn't keep it on the shelves.  We'd pay top dollar for used copies and they'd get snatched up the second they hit the racks.  Eventually it cooled off, and we were rolling in used copies, even though we only paid a nickel for them, and we started giving them away free with a purchase of $10 or more.  But after four years or so, a funny thing happened.  People started buying it again, and in no small numbers.  Well, not really that funny--it was likely because Cobain died.  But our seemingly endless stocks were depleted and didn't really return, so we started paying for used copies again.

I feel like Stranger Things is gonna be like that for Target (except nobody die please).  They produced a ridiculous amount of media, and were so inundated at one point that they were practically trying to shove copies into the open windows of passing cars to get rid of them.  They're still pretty cheap, but the thing is, they're simply very good--certainly better than most things out there--with broad appeal.  Eventually all the copies will find a home.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't know if the Stranger Things BDs ever saw release in Canada. Target Canada crashed and burned in 2015.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
I don't know if the Stranger Things BDs ever saw release in Canada. Target Canada crashed and burned in 2015.

Sure, bu whawhatWHAT? Something isn't better in Canada! Hey! Everyone! Something isn't better in Canada!

Truly the end times are upon us.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
816t8UOe2TL._SL1500_.jpg

I was going to do a review on it, but it would have been too nostalgic and gushing. I grew up with this film, quoting it regularly with friends, and I cannot now view it objectively.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amazon is weird. Late last night and the night before, they briefly listed blus of The Phantom Thread for only $4, only for said deals to go away by morning. Welp, I haven't seen the movie, but I guess I'm an easy mark, because I ordered one on said second availability. :p

Ryantology

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Found some good deals on these today.
GUEST_5e99b5a2-3d5b-4ce8-9667-e72058b3b0cf

51x-rfd6TtL.jpg

I'm such a sucker for the classic VHS designs. I have both seasons of Stranger Things as well as Jaws.

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dug out my old copy of Ghost in the Shell only to find the disc had vanished. Thankfully its dirt cheap on Amazon so I decided to grab a new one.
iV1AKit.jpg

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
816t8UOe2TL._SL1500_.jpg

I was going to do a review on it, but it would have been too nostalgic and gushing. I grew up with this film, quoting it regularly with friends, and I cannot now view it objectively.

" I CANNY SEE"

One of my favourite films of all time...i'm not sure if you are American or not but love the fact that this film spread far and wide to the States as it is quintessentially and beautifully Scottish/ British ----A real gem, a  postcard of a time long gone and who cares if you are no longer objective and would be too nostalgic, if it emotes a certain feeling and you can wrap yourself in it like a comfort blanket then go for it i would certainly be reading.

Top Bottom