• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are they still selling it with the comic book? I haven't seen that version in a while yet they still house the DVD in the same cardboard case as the one with the comic book.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'll let you know as soon as it arrives. I picked it up on Amazon (used) for a couple of bucks. Should be here in a couple days.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Are they still selling it with the comic book? I haven't seen that version in a while yet they still house the DVD in the same cardboard case as the one with the comic book.

the 2-disc came in an amaray case and no comic.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's what I figured. I haven't seen the comic book edition in quite a while.

I picked up the new 20th Anniversary Edition of Child's Play which finally features the film in anamorphic widescreen.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Near Dark, Candyman, Spawn and MrBrooks

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just ordered "Twister" and "Freedomland" and pre-ordered "Zombie Strippers" and "Rob Zombie's Halloween (3-disc edition)" from Columbia House.

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I picked up the new 20th Anniversary Edition of Child's Play which finally features the film in anamorphic widescreen.

I just grabbed that too. Also scored the Nightmare On Elm Street Collection box set at Sam's Club for $23.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziz said:
Frantic Canadian said:

I just grabbed that too. Also scored the Nightmare On Elm Street Collection box set at Sam's Club for $23.

Damn! That's pretty cheap. You are talking about the box set that has all 7 films plus the Nightmare Encyclopedia right? I paid like 80$ for that a few years ago.

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ziz said:

Man that is cheap.

My latest buys are:
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2 Disc)
Citizen Kane (2 Disc)
American Gangster Extended Edition (2 Disc)
There Will Be Blood (2 Disc)

& I've ordered Zodiac - Director's Cut (2 Disc)

But these films are going to have to last me a long time as I don't think I'll be getting anymore movies for a while. Money is tight at the moment. :-(

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Ziz said:
Frantic Canadian said:

Damn! That's pretty cheap. You are talking about the box set that has all 7 films plus the Nightmare Encyclopedia right? I paid like 80$ for that a few years ago.[/quote:1zbwuyx8]

Yes, the big black and brown mega-box. It's very rare that I'll willingly spend over $15 on a standard disc or $30 on a box set. Generally, I try to rationalize it out to no more than $8 per disc for a regular single/double disc release or $5 a disc for a TV season or collection set. I got the Ultimate Matrix 10 disc clear case set with the Neo statue for $30 at a Suncoast that was closing down last year.

Free standard shipping from DeepDiscount also helps me hit my price goals. I don't understand these ebay sellers that hit you for $5 shipping per disc with no shipping discount for multiple purchases at the same time, or regular sites that insist on hitting you for $10 to $15 for UPS or Fedex even when you're only getting one disc.

I've always been good at finding deals. Years ago, I bought a scanner at Staples that was on clearance for $49.97 and the manufacturer's $50 rebate was still in effect, so not counting sales tax, I made $0.03!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I picked up the Iron Man Blu-Ray gift set from Best Buy yesterday, even though I don't have a Blu-Ray player.

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kill Bill Vol. 1 - Uncut Japanese Version :D

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Final Destination box set
Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection
- The Big Boss
- Fist Of Fury
- Way Of The Dragon
- Game Of Death
- Game Of Death II

Jack Tourette

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Old Boy (2 Disc Deluxe Edition)
Survivor: Pearl Islands Complete Season
Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Robot Chicken Season 1
Robot Chicken Season 2
Robot Chicken Season 3
The Hot Chick
Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy

JMB

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Beetlejuice 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition.

Nothing "Deluxe" about it. Static menus, no music.

No making of docs, no production stills, not a single commentary.

Only "extras" are 3 Beetlejuice cartoon eps and trailers for a few Burton movies.

Oh, and you can watch it with the soundtrack only. Wow.

"Happy Anniversary, Beetlejuice fans. I hope you like crap!"

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I know what you mean. I had held out buying the original DVD for the longest time in hopes that a special edition or anniversary edition would be released and when they finally do release it all they throw in are 3 episodes of the cartoon. Worse anniversay edition ever! I love the movie but I still haven't picked it up. I'm hoping the fans will speak and the studio will release a proper anniversary edition.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Frantic
- Orca
- Jaws 2

Top Bottom