• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^^ You should still get The Thing.

Carpenter's "The Thing".

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't have an HD DVD player. And yes, it was Carpenter's. I will of course get it some other time, just not today.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Everything is Awesome, when you get an awesome deal!
91HyqOvWxnL._SX466_.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
81xhOATzdgL._SY500_.jpg

I would've preferred the Criterion release, but beggars can't be choosers.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
When I joined the Disney Movie Club, I got four free* movies.  So I decided I'd get the exclusive live action stuff you can't get anywhere else, like Old Yeller and Return to Oz.  I also decided to get Pinocchio and Snow White, because I love the early Disney animated classics.  They gave me an offer to buy two more movies, and I took the bait, because I am a simple-minded consumer.  So I also got Bambi and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  I think this club thing is pretty cool so far, but we'll see once the movies arrive.

PGpd0aK.png

*free as in I need to buy five movies in two years to keep them.  This seems like a pretty easy deal to me, I would buy these anyway.  I only did this so I could get 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally! On blu: Clash of the Titans. (The good one.)

400x400-75.jpg

:D

(I actually haven't seen the original.)

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The original's pretty mediocre. I only liked the stop motion vulture.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gaith said:
Finally! On blu: Clash of the Titans. (The good one.)

400x400-75.jpg

:D

(I actually haven't seen the original.)

Ugh...I would have just given you mine.... :p

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Hey, Ebert liked it!

I like this kind of stuff. I don't say it's good cinema, although I recognize the craftsmanship that went into it. I don't say it's good acting, when the men have so much facial hair they all look like Liam Neeson. I like the energy, the imagination, the silliness. I even like the one guy who doesn't have a beard. That's Perseus. From the first moment we see him as an adult until his last scene in the movie, he has the Standard Regulation Macho-Length Stubble on his chin. And in a city where all the men go to Jerry Garcia's barber, he has a burr cut on the short clipper setting.

So do I recommend the movie? Yes, if you intuit that this review is affectionate and have the same tolerance for goofy Greek gods as I do.

:cool:

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Both versions have their pros and cons. I like 'em both.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up a used Kino Lorber blu-ray of 'The Party' at Half Price Books during their 20% off sale: $12ish.

TMBTM

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
Yeah.... That's not the "good" one.

I think @"DigModiFicaTion"  meant the good one between the Clash of the Titans remake and Wrath of the Titans, the sequel everyone thought was worst (and that I did not see yet).
OR it was ironic :)

Seriously, how is Wrath of the Titans? Worths a watch?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TMBTM said:
The Scribbling Man said:
Yeah.... That's not the "good" one.

I think @"DigModiFicaTion"  meant the good one between the Clash of the Titans remake and Wrath of the Titans, the sequel everyone thought was worst (and that I did not see yet).
OR it was ironic :)

Seriously, how is Wrath of the Titans? Worths a watch?

The original is a classic, albeit a cheesy classic. I bought a group of blurays once and got the remake in it. Tried to watch it but turned it off. Just not much of an action spectacle person.

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tron Legacy - Blu Ray
28 Days & Weeks Later - Blu Ray

NOT DVD OR Blu-Ray

SKYRIM: SE - PS4

Top Bottom