• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just went to the mall and bought a blu-ray 2 pack of Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. I love these movies...

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Collipso said:
i picked up a TLJ bluray the other day.

Porg_Star+Wars_CONSUME_hal+hefner_.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just received my DVD copy of the White Dragon Cut fanedit of Blade Runner. I contacted the editor, Kazuchoice, about the edit, and he offered to either email me a download link for it, or send me a DVD. Naturally I accepted the offer of a DVD. We talked for a few days, he requested I send him something in return, I wasn't sure what, he said that something handmade is fine, or even just simply feedback. He then messaged me a week later, saying that he had mailed it out, and sent me a link to view the shipping time or whatever. If wasn't supposed to arrive until July. But alas, here it is now, in a proper dvd case, two discs, I'm just so happy and excited.
No, I did not purchase this DVD or blu-ray, so maybe it doesn't fit in this thread, but I'm posting it here anyways. 
Now, I should probably get started on some drawings to send him. Going to put my best effort into them.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
X-Men: Apocalypse. Not really a fan of the movie, but a DVD with HD Code for $3 seemed like I'd still win out if I end up selling the disc and have the iTunes HD version.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
X-Men: Apocalypse. Not really a fan of the movie, so I plan on doing an edit. 

FTFY :D

Fell asleep trying to watch the movie. Not sure if there's an edit I'd be willing to make in this one...

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
Fell asleep trying to watch the movie. Not sure if there's an edit I'd be willing to make in this one...

It saddens me to hear that, but I can't blame you. 

I haven't seen it since the cinema, so I have no idea how fixable it even is. I've just been holding out hope for someone to come along and fix it before my second watchthrough.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Scribbling Man said:
It saddens me to hear that, but I can't blame you. 

I haven't seen it since the cinema, so I have no idea how fixable it even is. I've just been holding out hope for someone to come along and fix it before my second watchthrough.

It'll take some doin'. I love the franchise and this one took me a few tries to watch all the way though as well. Not too far off from Dig's experience.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm starting to sell off some of my Blu-rays, and it's kind of a shame.  On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'll never watch the ones I'm selling.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are you selling them online or in person?

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
They've already been sold!  But I might sell some later on down the line.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, nice!

I just bought a 20 film collection labeled "Streets of Fear".
They all seem to be public domain noir/mystery/thriller films from the 30s, 40s, and 50s. I'm normally opposed to purchasing public domain films, but I figured it'd be fine just this once. I really want to get into the noir genre.

Full list of films:
BULLDOG DRUMMOND COMES BACK 
CAUSE FOR ALARM! 
THE CHASE 
D.O.A. 
DETOUR 
DICK TRACY MEETS GRUESOME 
DRESSED TO KILL 
FEAR IN THE NIGHT 
THE GREEN GLOVE 
HE WALKED BY NIGHT 
MR. MOTO'S LAST WARNING 
THE MYSTERY OF MR. WONG 
PLEASE MURDER ME 
SCARLET STREET 
THE STRANGE LOVE OF MARTHA IVERS 
THE STRANGER 
SUDDENLY 
TOO LATE FOR TEARS 
TRAPPED 
WOMAN ON THE RUN

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Detour is supposed to be great.  It got a Criterion release not too long ago.  The Stranger and Scarlet Street are also excellent.  Haven't seen most of the others.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
Detour is supposed to be great.  It got a Criterion release not too long ago.  The Stranger and Scarlet Street are also excellent.  Haven't seen most of the others.

On the DVD case, Orson Welles' name is listed first, followed by various actors who appeared in some of the films. His name stood out to me, and that's partially why I bought it. Usually these 20 film collections are full of garbage, but the fact that this has The Stranger by Orson Welles drew my attention. I proceeded to, in the store, look up each film listed on the box. It's interesting to note, Boris Karloff stars in at least two of these films, but his name is nowhere on the box. Poor Boris Karloff. Also interesting to note, one of the films stars Frank Sinatra, who I had no idea was an actor. My sister will definitely be interested in that one. I forget which one it is though.
I think I will watch through all of these in the order that they're put on the discs. I also think I might start a thread for this collection, and review each film.

Edit: The Sinatra film was SUDDENLY.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frank Sinatra is in a lot of films!  Quite a few good ones too.  Seek out The Manchurian Candidate.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Also see ‘The Detective’, a very early entry in the ‘Die Hard’ series (sort of).

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I haven't seen it yet, but I've been persistently told to check out "The Man With The Golden Arm", which is also a Frank Sinatra film.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
Also see ‘The Detective’, a very early entry in the ‘Die Hard’ series (sort of).

Oh my gosh, that's right!! I remember watching a video about that, I completely forgot it was Sinatra. Definitely need to check it out!

The Man with the Golden Arm is a pretty cool title. Sounds too similar to a Bond title though, is there any connection? Was one named after the other?

Top Bottom