• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Collipso

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Duragizer said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
Haven't seen The Favourite yet

You purchased a movie you haven't yet seen? Did my experience with The Amazing Spider-Man teach you nothing?

I actually do it pretty often.  I'm rather prodigal, unfortunately.  One of these days it'll catch up to me and I'll end up homeless, sitting in a fort made of DVD cases by the side of the road.

i do it quite often too, because there is only 1 movie theater around where i live and it usually has just a 9:00 PM session of the one movie that is on. shitty thing is that blurays are hard to find too and are usually very expensive ($30-$40).

this, alongside a 2 Mb/s down and 0.44 Mb/s up internet are some of the worst "first world problems" of living in a countryside town in a third world country.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
61ML75Y74vL._SY445_.jpg

That cover art is almost laughably bad.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points

FCW_BR_Cover_72dpi.png

A surprisingly good film, if you take it all in fun.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frankenstein Created Women, I had not heard of, but it sounds wonderful. 

The other day at Target I bought my father a copy of Blade Runner 2049 on blu-ray, because it was cheap enough at Target. He's been meaning to watch it again, and I figured he shouldn't have to wait for next time I visit to bring my copy.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was given a blu-ray of JL New Frontier a while ago, still haven't watched it! I really need to. 

It's not dvd or blu-ray, but last weekend I bought Mad Max and Office Space on UMD. I wish to buy more in the future.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The last Blu-ray I bought:
81spG--cITL._SX342_.jpg

The last DVD I bought:
61yzMo7CDrL._SY445_.jpg

I finally have all of Troughton's stories on DVD (until Macra Terror comes to the US).

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I was given a blu-ray of JL New Frontier a while ago, still haven't watched it! I really need to.

It's only the second best DC movie ever made, so yes, you really do.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
jrWHAG42 said:

It's only the second best DC movie ever made, so yes, you really do.

It has Martian Manhunter in it. I can imagine it's great, for him alone.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's way too short.  The comic is so rich that, after I read it, then rewatched the movie, I didn't care near as much for it anymore.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
No, it's not as sublime as the comic. But for a DC Universe Animated Original Movie, it's still pretty damn good.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I picked up a few old DeAgostini magazine "Hong Kong Legends" DVDs dirt-cheap off eBay. The covers look rubbish, the DVD menus are generic and they have zero special-features but unlike most DVDs for Hong Kong films, the transfers are excellent and the subtitles are accurate. I shall have to keep an eye out for more of these, looks like there were quite a few in the series:

MzRkOWY0OTgxNTRiNDEwNGJkODU2ZDQ2MTk5ZmVjNGR_hGaXbeX9OPtv9ze6n1DqaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOGVmMjAxNGMzZjdhNWE0NTI2YTNlNjg0ZDIwZjdmNTBmYzZkZmYyMzhmZjkyY2VhOTYyYWVjMzFiZGZiMTY2OC5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

$_86.JPG

Junglist Paja

Reaction score
Trophy Points
12 Monkeys (1995) Blu-Ray

Not DVD or Blu Ray
Resident Evil 4 - PS4
Max Payne 3 - X360

Top Bottom