• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
I almost bought Spirited Away yesterday at Wal-Mart for my Mothra...

mothra_s_day_by_danjodanjo_789-d7l3soe.jpg

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have my mother in my contacts as Mothra. I've casually called her that for a while. She's cool with it, but refuses to watch Mothra with me. She's not into kaiju I guess. She does like the 98 American Godzilla though.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Argh... I've been pretty good about not adding to my Blu collection lately, especially as I don't really have space in my room for more (I'm just a humble student, for Pete's sake!). Then Amazon was giving away brand-new Casablanca for $6 last week, so I said, fine, I can make an exception for frickin' Casablanca... and then tonight I get hit with this:

One old-fashioned manly man movie I totally love, plus an awesomely 80s classic I haven't yet seen, with digital codes I can sell and DVDs to give away for both?! I'm not made of stone, folks! Yes, please!  :D

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Public Service Announcement - it's back:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ they obviously price match, but I also saw this for 5.99 at Best Buy a couple days ago.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
PSA: eBay has now twice nuked my attempt to sell the aforementioned Dirty Dancing digital code, even when I offered to send the physical coupon by USPS at no cost to the buyer, citing company rules that do not, in fact, appear to prohibit such listings at all. So if, like me, you've been known to justify a frivolous disc purpose with the knowledge that you can offset your losses via the (entirely legal) route of selling your digital code on eBay, know that that particular gravy train may have come to an end. :dodgy:

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You've been really lucky to make it this far. I haven't been able to sell any for a couple years

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@"Gaith"  there are quite a number of online communities that exist because of that very fruatration. Some people just use Facebook,  craigslist or offerup.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
You've been really lucky to make it this far. I haven't been able to sell any for a couple years

Huh, never been a problem for me until now.

@DigModiFicaTion and Garp: thanks for the recs, but it's not a big deal. I've pretty much never yet used any of my sizeable collection of digital copies anyway, so being a bit more circumspect about blu purchases shouldn't be a burden. Heck, it can dissuade me from getting too many of those discs (and cases!) to fill up my limited personal space. :p

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No problem.
If you're looking for a place to throw out some unwanted paper waste, I'm a great paper garbage disposal too.
tenor.gif

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
51OCzh0hCXL._SY445_.jpg

93998356d3dcafda7710e677e37bceea--s-movies-horror-movies.jpg

All the Langenkamp entries (and the one decent non-Langenkamp entry) in the ANOES series are now in my collection. I am content.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^  The two best movies of 2018, right there.

Just got this:
SARTANA_COLLECTION_EXP_BOXSET_UK_V2.jpg

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
suspiciouscoffee said:
Haven't seen The Favourite yet

You purchased a movie you haven't yet seen? Did my experience with The Amazing Spider-Man teach you nothing?

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
suspiciouscoffee said:
Haven't seen The Favourite yet

You purchased a movie you haven't yet seen? Did my experience with The Amazing Spider-Man teach you nothing?

I actually do it pretty often.  I'm rather prodigal, unfortunately.  One of these days it'll catch up to me and I'll end up homeless, sitting in a fort made of DVD cases by the side of the road.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:

Well, yeah, he kept doing it, didn't he? :D 

(Big ASM1 - but only ASM1 - fan here. ;) )

Top Bottom