• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found Flawless (2008) DVD - Michael Caine, Demi Moore; and Manglehorn (2014) Blu Ray - Al Pacino at the dollar store today.
Indiana Jones Complete Adventures Blu Ray set for $10 (now I'll have to revisit my Lost Sankara Stones edit.)

Sinbad

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Thats a bargain for the Indy flicks! 

This one was a real surprise to pick up in the local Poundland yesterday brand new!

Hearts of Darkness- A filmmakers apocalypse

Watched it last night, absolutely fascinating stuff

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
STAR BLAZERS 2199 Part One

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Z00caN68w[/video]
aka Space Battleship Yamato 2199

I do not consider myself an anime fan, but I did grow up on a cartoon diet that included Battle of the Planets, Robotech, Space Pirate Harlock, and of course, the legendary Star Blazers.  So I eagerly picked up this long over due Region One release of the rebooted Space Battleship Yamato 2199.

This blu-ray includes the first 13 episodes and they are glorious.  The animation is stunningly beautiful.  The story has been smartly updated and refined while remaining true to its original fun 1970s concepts.  Good characterizations with classic anime pathos.  Truly epic space battles.  And a rich rewarding storyline.   Lots of fun to be had.  Though, not being well versed in modern anime, I was quite surprise at how hyper sexualized all the female characters were designed and shot.   The english dub is very enjoyable, though part of me wished they had used the old cartoon American character names since they were marketing it as Star Blazers.  It might be a fun fan edit experiment to try to sync up the old original audio with the new animation???  

Let's hope it is not another 5 years before they release the remaining episodes. :)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
After my birthday was yesterday I have spent most of my birthday money on DVDs here are what I've bought from musicmagpie.

The Karate Kid Trilogy 
Rocky Collection 2-6
£5 together.
Die Hard 1-4
Resident Evil 1-4
The Bourne Trilogy
Scream Trilogy
Buy 2 get 2 free.
£5
RoboCop trilogy 
Home alone 1,2
The Mummy/The Mummy Returns/The Scorpion King.
Titanic (4 Disc Deluxe Edition)
Buy 2 get 2 free 
£3.98

£13.98

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ That's a good haul. Some amazing movies but also some bad sequels that I would love to able to un-see  (Die Hard 4, Robocop 3 etc). I've bought plenty from musicmagpie myself. Happy Birthday by the way.

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Musicmagpie is great I still have money to spend woopwoo my DVD collection is about to get massive  :)

TM2YC said:
Happy Birthday by the way.

Thank you.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Blu ray:
Mamoru Hosada's The Girl who leapt through time
Ghost in the shell stand alone complex 1&2nd gig
Avatar Seasons 1-3 (especially wanted these as the dvd had a weird interlace when scenes changed)
Legend of korra 1-4
Lone Wolf & Cub: the criterion collection
Get out
The Handmaiden
Justice League

Dvd:
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I couple weeks ago, I went to a local mini fair thing. There was a stand there run by the local library, getting rid of some movies and books. 
I bought the first two Wishmaster films, because I'd watched thek a few years ago when they were on Netflix, and loved them. 
I so badly wanted to buy a book as well, but everything there I either already own, or wasn't interested in. But I digress.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Blu ray:
Lone Wolf & Cub: the criterion collection

I recently bought this set too and just started watching it. The restoration is amazing. I've only seen the first film so far ('Sword of Vengeance') and enjoyed it far more than I expected to, quite honestly.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought Logan on Blu-ray from Amazon and expected a barebones release, based on the description and low price. But it arrived and has Logan Noir on its own disc! A nice surprise.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Somewhat related to Addie's last purchase, but I picked up an Ex-Rental copy of X-Men: Days of Future Past from my local video store as well as a poster of Fifty Shades Freed to use as tinder in my next fire. 

Something I noticed rewatching it is that Wolverine (our protagonist) does nothing significant to affect the plot after recruiting Quicksilver. He's mostly passive and is along for the ride while our other characters (Prof X, Beast, Magneto, Mystique) do most of the work. Could fanediting do something about this? Probably not. 

It's a decent release with a few mildly interesting featurettes. I've noticed in recent years that the Making-Ofs on Blu-Rays have mostly been people related to the production talking about the film/characters and not so much the actual making of the film, which mildly annoys me. The gag reel is mostly just the cast making funny faces or dancing which is another trend I've noticed. The deleted scenes are nothing special and are all cut for good reasons, and they all have commentaries by Singer himself, which the feature lacked. Apparently the Rogue Cut BR has the Theatrical Cut with a commentary, but I haven't got it yet. 

An above average release for a fun and entertaining film. At the moment I'd reccomened it above the Rogue Cut as I've realised how pointless her subplot was.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Something I noticed rewatching it is that Wolverine (our protagonist) does nothing significant to affect the plot after recruiting Quicksilver. He's mostly passive and is along for the ride while our other characters (Prof X, Beast, Magneto, Mystique) do most of the work. Could fanediting do something about this? Probably not. 

You'd probably have to mash it up with another movie or something...  ;)

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:

Even though Wolverine is the one we first focus and the one sent backwards in time, I'd argue that the protagonist is really Xavier, not Logan. The story really is all about him. He is the one that changes, develops in this film. There's a case of a role reversal here. In the original X-Men films, the professor is Logan's mentor. Here, it's a role reversal. Logan is the mentor of young Xavier.

But anyway, that's off topic here.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got this in the mail after the flash sale: Criterion's new blu-ray of Andrei Rublev.  I haven't watched the feature or the bonuses yet, but I'm impressed with the inclusion of Tarkovsky's student film The Steamroller and the Violin.

MovieFreakedMind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was glad they included both versions of Andrei Rublev itself. I'm pretty sure that only one of them had been released on Criterion's DVD from years back. Not only that, but I think it was the longer version that was not Tarkovsky's official cut of the movie.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new series has gotten me back into Doctor Who, so the last few purchases have been DVDs of the classic show.  Most recently, I got The Dalek Invasion of Earth, a pretty important story as it sees the departure of Susan, the Doctor's granddaughter. Despite this, I've never watched it all the way through.

I'm still waiting for that to arrive, so I guess my most recent arrival is The Seeds of Death, which feature the Ice Warriors in their second appearance, a favorite monster of mine.  If you've ever enjoyed the show, their first appearance is a great story.

suspiciouscoffee

Reaction score
Trophy Points
MovieFreakedMind said:
I was glad they included both versions of Andrei Rublev itself. I'm pretty sure that only one of them had been released on Criterion's DVD from years back. Not only that, but I think it was the longer version that was not Tarkovsky's official cut of the movie.

Yeah, that's also great, but the problem with that, though, is that now I have to decide which one to watch first.

MovieFreakedMind

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I usually watch the shorter versions of films first. It's more fun to identify which scenes are new to you rather than which scenes have been removed.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
914nyG87YPL._SY445_.jpg

aec.fox2342398dvd_0.jpg

Top Bottom