• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally picked up the Criterion editions of Mulholland Dr and Eraserhead. Gorgeous packaging. Also picked up Force Awakens. All are on Blu-Ray. Can't wait to delve into these babies.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yojimbo blu-ray by Criterion.
It was pre-owned, but all the materials are in great condition.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welp, I caved and bought Star Trek: Generations on blu. What can I say? I just love the movie, probably my favorite of the franchise is terms of sheer fun, and it was just $10 on Amazon. I know it annoys a lot of people that Kirk and Picard meet over an egg-scrambling session, but I love it - it's just the right amount of whimsy and randomness, amid serious themes of dead families, traumatized refugees, and joy addiction. As JJ's movies proved, Trek belongs on the small screen as episodes, and to me, Generations captures that feeling best among the TNG films. Also, Soran is a better villain than Khan. Yep, I said it. :D

In other news, I sure hope that Samberg's Pop Star: Never Stop Never Stopping release this summer means a new printing of Hot Rod, because Amazon's been clean out of average-priced new blus of that for months. Not that I have any pressing need for it, but it's been removed from its longtime Netflix Streaming home also, and while I'd intended to buy a copy, I just never got around to it, and now I live with regret. :p

DSM2337

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure this is the right place, couldn't find a 'bargain' thread.

I already have them, but Amazon UK has a nice offer of two Marvel BRs for £15.99. The films are rarely in sales, so not a bad offer. But the real bargain is the TV series Agent Carter S1 and Agents of SHIELD S1 are included in the offer.

Picking those two up for £15.99 when both retail for £19.99 each sounds like a no brainer. Especially if you want to check out my TV-to-Movie edit that is coming out soon (plug plug plug).  :) :idea:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got some stellar Blu-Rays recently...

Robocop: The newer 2014 MGM-90th 4K negative scan. It looks and sounds really fantastic. The VisFx shots still stand up to this level detail.
Ran: The brand new 4K negative scan. It also comes with the 1985 Documentary AK on a bonus disc.
The Tales of Hoffmann: Again based on a new 4K negative scan thanks to Martin Scorsese. I've owned this Powell&Pressburger film on un-restored DVD for years (In a boxset) but have never watched it, in anticipation of seeing it for the first time in pristine Technicolor HD!

Shakespeare, Opera and violent future cyborg law enforcement. High culture.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, okay. Been quite a while since I've been here. Place doesn't look the same anymore. Let's see if I can remember all I bought since my last visit. Going to stick to stuff I bought new, cause I bought way too much used to remember it all. lol

DVD:

- South Park  Season 1-5 Wal-Mart Exclusive set
- South Park  Season 6-10 Wal-Mart Exclusive set
- South Park Season 14
- South Park Season 15
- Major League
- Spawn
- Old School
- Galaxy Quest
- Christine
- Deep Blue Sea

Blu-Ray:

- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (Scream Factory release)
- The Equalizer (Best Buy Exclusive steelbook)
- Batman
- Batman Returns
- Knights Of Badassdom
- The Editor
- Shocker
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Deadpool
- It Follows
- Straight Outta Compton (Just got it on sale at Wal-Mart for 13$)
- The X-Files season 1
- The X-Files season 2
- The X-Files season 3
- The X-Files season 4
- The X-Files season 5
- The X-Files season 6

Picked up those X-Files seasons tonight at Best Buy for 15$ each. I also picked up Community seasons 1-5. Got them all from Value Village. Seasons 1-3 were used but 4 and 5 were still sealed. Only paid 4$ each, except for season 1 which was like 5$. I got a lot more used but only threw Community in there cause a couple of them were new.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My old man gifted me a $25 Amoeba Records gift certificate. We all know what that means... used blu-ray time!  How'd I do?   :cool:  

IMG_20160527_231045911.jpg

Planet Earth: $8
Into the Blue: $2
The Hangover Part III: $5 (came with an unexpected dvd copy and working Ultraviolet code!)
Zodiac: $8

I couldn't resist asking the cashier woman if that was a sufficiently diverse reaping. She had to admit it was quite the variety. :D

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Ran: The brand new 4K negative scan. It also comes with the 1985 Documentary AK on a bonus disc.

I just got this last week as well.

Also Blu Ray:
Gravity
The Last Samurai

DVD: the Mindy project season 1 for £1
Archer seasons 1-3
First Squad

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up the Blu-Ray 3D Limited Edition of Man Of Steel at a flea market today for 25$. Still factory sealed and everything. My copy is number 4512 out of 10,000. Weird, cause the US edition is limited to 50,000 copies. I didn't realize each country had their own limited numbered run. I thought the total number was worldwide, not country-wide.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
. . . I didn't realize each country had their own limited numbered run. I thought the total number was worldwide, not country-wide.

Hope you don't get collector-itis and have to get versions from different countries.
I have friends who did / still do that with vinyl.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:

I frequent some vinyl forums, and the collector mentality of some of those guys is insane. Many of them have to have every color variant produced. Labels have caught on to this, and for a lot of albums they'll keep pumping out small presses of different colors. 20 copies of an album is lunacy.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Frantic Canadian said:
. . . I didn't realize each country had their own limited numbered run. I thought the total number was worldwide, not country-wide.

Hope you don't get collector-itis and have to get versions from different countries.

Haha! No. For most movies I'm happy with a single edition. If I can pick up foreign releases of certain horror movies I definitely will though, depending on the cost. Like for example I have the Canadian/US edition of Friday The 13th: A New Beginning on VHS as well as the French Canadian VHS. Also have the English Canadian VHS of Jason Goes To Hell as well as the Korean VHS. And I've got three copies of Muppets From Space (screener, English Canadian/American, French Canadian).

When it comes to DVD's or Blu-Ray's though I'll only double dip if the foreign release has more extras or an alternate cut. Unless we're talking about certain horror franchises. Then all bets are off. lol

ThrowgnCpr said:
Vultural said:

I frequent some vinyl forums, and the collector mentality of some of those guys is insane. Many of them have to have every color variant produced. Labels have caught on to this, and for a lot of albums they'll keep pumping out small presses of different colors. 20 copies of an album is lunacy.

Don't forget picture discs. lol The thing with music though is that the track listing may vary from one country to the next. Some may have a different order and others may get bonus tracks. Japan is well known for that. They usually get one or two bonus tracks that aren't available anywhere else.

The color variant isn't exclusive to vinyl collectors though. Pez collectors and toy and action figure collectors are the same way.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Placed my pre-order yesterday for this little gem....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHIIm866Ge8[/video]

THE UNTOUCHABLES, two seasons 1993 to 1994.   Never dreamed it would be released on dvd, but here it is.  My tv bucket list collection is almost complete.

A great little show with an amazing cast, good production values and a clever blend of fact with fiction.  But this was when the tv market was over saturated with syndicated dramas/adventures, so it never truly got the attention or respect it deserved.   But apparently the producers saw the writing on the wall, as the series actually has a proper finale.  A very solid two season story arc and worth watching if you are fan of the genre.

L8wrtr

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Placed my pre-order yesterday for this little gem....

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHIIm866Ge8[/video]

THE UNTOUCHABLES, two seasons 1993 to 1994.   Never dreamed it would be released on dvd, but here it is.  My tv bucket list collection is almost complete.

A great little show with an amazing cast, good production values and a clever blend of fact with fiction.  But this was when the tv market was over saturated with syndicated dramas/adventures, so it never truly got the attention or respect it deserved.   But apparently the producers saw the writing on the wall, as the series actually has a proper finale.  A very solid two season story arc and worth watching if you are fan of the genre.

huh.. I don't even recall this show.. color me curious.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do not recall this at all.
Untouchables, for me, always meant Robert Stack.

untouchables5.JPG

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Do not recall this at all.
Untouchables, for me, always meant Robert Stack.

untouchables5.JPG

Robert Stack is da MAN!!!  Da G-MAN!!! 
Best Elliot Ness ever!  :D

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
10 cloverfield lane. Cool stuff, I'd remove two lines from the ending: "oh come on" and "fuck" (anyone know where the spoiler tag is?)

Midnight Special: Haven't watched it yet.
Hobbit: bot5a: haven't watched, need to find the second film first. It's bare bones theatrical release, I've come to enjoy the extended version of the first film, but the movie grinds to a halt when the action scenes happen, and there's some butt ugly effects throughout.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dvd:
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Donnie Darko (I keep hearing people talk about this, yous guys better be right, it cost me a WHOLE DOLLAR!!!)

vhs:
The Avengers (with Uma Thurman and Sean Connery, I seem to remember Bob recommending it, actually I think he recommended the Lincoln one too, that's why I grabbed them)
Snow Falling on Cedars
One Against the Wind (Judy Davis, Sam Neill)
Love is a Many-Splendored Thing (Jennifer Jones, William Holden)(Splendored?)
LOTR:ROTK special extended version (I have the theatrical on dvd, curious to see what the extended version is like)

Top Bottom