• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Picked up Scream Factory's new releases of Sleepaway Camp 2 and Sleepaway Camp 3 yesterday.

Frantic Canadian said:
Picked up Scream Factory's new releases of Sleepaway Camp 2 and Sleepaway Camp 3 yesterday.

Let me know when you got the full set ;)

Neglify said:
Let me know when you got the full set ;)

:lol: Maybe I should have said that I had the full Blu-Ray set. Or the full Scream Factory set. :lol: I'm actually kinda surprised that "Return To Sleepaway Camp" wasn't released on Blu-Ray.

I'm not a fan of return, sure it brings back the original Angela, but I preferred Pamela Springsteen.

Technically birthday presents but I got
Street Fighter II: the animated movie. On Blu ray, I'm keeping my dvd edition though as that was already uncut and it has 5.1 sound uncut, the BR has censored swearing and only 2.0.
Two Broke Girls seasons 1-3 on dvd.

Top Gun Blu-Ray (Couldn't believe I didn't own this already)
The Long Good Friday* Blu-Ray (New transfer from the negative. Looking forward to this gangster classic)
King of New York* Blu-Ray (Walken, Buscemi, Snipes, Fishburne... it's gotta be good right)
Foxcatcher Blu-Ray (Fantastic film plus this has deleted scenes!)
Hound of the Baskervilles: Hammer* Blu-Ray (One of the few Hammer essentials I didn't own. I got it because of the late Mr Lee naturally)

(* Arrow video continue to release some awesome genre pictures to extras-stuffed Blu-Ray! :))

Treated myself to a British history triple feature:

Jane_Eyre_Poster.jpg

Prideandprejudiceposter.jpg

The_Eagle_Poster.jpg

... With The Eagle, Jane Eyre, and Tintin, I believe Mr. Bell just became my most-frequent blu-collection actor. Who'd have thunk?! ;-)

Hit up Giant Tiger and found the 2-disc Special Edition of The Abyss for only 6.88$. Also picked up Boat Trip for 2.99$. Then stopped off at Value Village and picked up a VHS screener for The Land Before Time V: The Mysterious Island for a buck and the soundtrack to Kill Bill Vol.1.

I got "Grey's Anatomy Season 8" on DVD and the "Ghostbusters 1 & 2" limited numbered collectible digibook set with the Slimer figure for my birthday. Anybody know how many copies of that set were produced? Mine is listed as being number 06906, but it doesn't say out of how many.

Nadia: the secret of blue water. On Blu ray, it's only just come out over here 2 weeks ago, which is when I ordered it but the local online retailer accidentally sent me Fast & Furious 1-6 so I had to go through the kerfuffle of sending it back and making a claim and waiting for the re-issue.

Picked up Grey's Anatomy Season 2 the other day for 10$ at a pawn shop. Today I picked up a VHS screener of "Scooby-Doo And The Alien Invaders" (1$) and "Transformers: The Movie" (3$), the animated one from the 80's, on DVD from the Salvation Army. Then I picked up "Sharknado" (8$) on Blu-Ray from Wal-Mart and the "Deadly Sea Creatures 3 Pack" Blu-Ray (3$) from the Dollarama. That last one includes the films "2-Headed Shark Attack", "2010: Moby Dick", and "Mega Shark Versus Crocosauras".

X-men: the rogue cut: I haven't actually sat down to watch it yet because I was watching 1-wolverine (skipping wolverine origins) but now I'm up to speed.

Just to clarify it was worth the wait, this blu ray actually has both the alternative and theatrical cut on the same disc, disc 2 has a bunch of features though it's missing the deleted scenes that came with the thetrical edition.

The thing I find funny is that both versions of the film have been given a 12 certificate rating, but the commentary for the rogue cut has boosted the BBFC rating to a 15 :)

Picked up Shout Factory's LEGEND OF THE LONE RANGER.

Yes, still a bad movie but still light years better/more faithful than that Jonny Depp piece of turd...lol

Sadly, Shout Factory did not seem to invest much time or effort into this dvd, no new extras/bonus features, and the blu-ray video quality while nicer than my old dvd is still a bit soft.

bionicbob said:

Yes, still a bad movie but still light years better/more faithful than that Jonny Depp piece of turd...lol

Sadly, Shout Factory did not seem to invest much time or effort into this dvd, no new extras/bonus features, and the blu-ray video quality while nicer than my old dvd is still a bit soft.

I imported theR1 dvd last year, and its the same: no special features to speak of at all. Still, he's happy with it. And I quite like the film too

bionicbob said:

The Lone Ranger Strikes!

TM2YC said:
The Lone Ranger Strikes!

Oh the thought has definitely crossed my mind...

But it would require an extensive, laborious audio overhaul, as the singing narrator would be the first thing that has to go... lol

Zorro would probably be easier, and you could incorporate the good bits from the gawdawful sequel.

New Year's Evil (Blu-Ray)
Stripes (Extended Cut)(Blu-Ray)(Project PopArt Steelbook edition)

Frantic Canadian said:
Excision (DVD)(6.99$)
Curse Of Chucky (Blu-Ray combo pack)(5$)

chuckumcision

Back
Top Bottom