• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
Yes it's pretty much the European Criterion. The seem to have a deal where they share rights to new restorations.

Cool. I had a feeling it was given the type of film it is and the use of numbering. I'm surprised I've never heard of them before.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just picked up the X-Files - I Want to Believe on Blu-ray. I swear I'm going to edit that fucker one day...

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
I just picked up the X-Files - I Want to Believe on Blu-ray. I swear I'm going to edit that fucker one day...

The whole series?
Was it on widescreen?
I read online several seasons were aired in Germany in HD.

Wait -

Did you get the movie or the series ...

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the (second) movie.

I plan on getting back to my series edits (already edited season 1, see my sig), but I am waiting until they release the blu-ray set. I have seen the German HD episodes, they are gorgeous, and in widescreen (as filmed).

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've gone a bit nuts this past week or so and bought loads of stuff (Many for possible Fanedits :))...

- The Thing (1982) / The Thing (2011) Blu-Ray Boxset (For a 2011 prequel FanFix)
- Escape From New York (1981) Blu-Ray (Upgrading from my DVD)
- Escape From L.A. (1996) Blu-Ray (For a FanFix)
- Make Way For Tomorrow (1937) Blu-Ray (Been meaning to buy this bittersweet romantic gem for ages)
- Sherlock Hound (1984) Complete Series DVD Boxset (I like all things Sherlock, Steampunk and Hayao Miyazaki, so it's a triple winner)
- Pride (2014) Blu-Ray (I loved this film to bits and the extras and deleted scenes are great)
- Short Circuit (1986) / Short Circuit 2 (1988) Blu-Ray Boxset (Another HD upgrade)
- The Karate Kid: Part II (1986) Blu-Ray (Been meaning to get tis for ages also)

Plus I've been doing more of the never-ending updating to my Orson Welles collection...

- Orson Welles: Macbeth (1948) / Othello (1952) Blu-Ray Boxset (I had to use Google-translate to navigate my way round Amazon-France to get hold of this outstanding 4 disc set. The DVD copies I had before looked terrible but these HD transfers are stunning :))
- F For Fake (1973) Blu-Ray (The Eureka! films DVD I had was great but this Criterion HD version looks so much better)
- The Lady From Shanghai (1947) Blu-Ray (The second I saw some screengrabs of the piucture quality, I had to upgrade this one to HD)

58202641.jpg

mikedrew87

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finally picked up the dvd box set of "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." Can't believe it took me this long to buy this, i'm ashamed.......Also picked up the German Blu Ray of "Without Warning".
And 1,000 more I'm wanting to buy...it's endless

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up "The Conjuring" Blu-Ray combo pack last weekend at Target. Original price was 15$ but DVD's and Blu-Ray's were now at 60% off so I only paid 6$ for it. There wasn't much selection left unfortunately. :( I doubt there's any left now though. :lol:

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So many over such a short time
DVD: Rahxephon complete series & movie box set.
Spaced: the complete series
Complete (but cut for copyright reasons) Only fools and horses series.
4-Bia aka Phobia (thai anthology horror)
Kotoko
Into the Mirror
Memoirs of a Geisha

Blu Ray
Confessions
American Psycho
Resident Evil: Damnation
Scream 1-4 (upgrade from dvd)
Terminator 3 (as above)
Splice

Pretty much the rest of my Studio Ghibli collection that I was slowly replacing.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fast & Furious - 6 disc collection, blu-ray. $30 used from FYE.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up Resident Evil: Retribution and Fist Of Legend, the Jet Li one, on Blu-Ray from HMV today. RE:R was only 5$ and FOL was 10$. Been wanting to get Fist Of Legend for the longest time but HMV hasn't carried it in forever. They only had one copy and I grabbed it as soon as I saw it. :lol:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went back to HMV yesterday and picked up three more Dragon Dynasty Blu-Ray's for only 5$ a piece. Got "Hard Boiled", "Tai Chi Master", and "The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin".

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Went back to HMV yesterday and picked up three more Dragon Dynasty Blu-Ray's for only 5$ a piece. Got "Hard Boiled", "Tai Chi Master", and "The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin".

I thought the 'Dragon Dynasty' Blus were supposed to be some of the worst transfers ever. Hope that's not the case.

I've seen comparissions between the Criterion Killer DVD and the DD Killer Blu and it was a travesty.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got the Doctors Revisited 5-8 from Amazon. The price sucked but now I have an actual decent print of the TV Movie and my grand plans can begin... Mua ha haaaa.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I thought the 'Dragon Dynasty' Blus were supposed to be some of the worst transfers ever. Hope that's not the case.

I've seen comparissions between the Criterion Killer DVD and the DD Killer Blu and it was a travesty.

Really? I hadn't heard that. I'll have to look into it. Do you have a link for that Killer comparison?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Really? I hadn't heard that. I'll have to look into it. Do you have a link for that Killer comparison?

This has it. The DD Killer has all the grain smoothed away, is quite soft and is overscanned too.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
This has it. The DD Killer has all the grain smoothed away, is quite soft and is overscanned too.

I can see what you mean. Some of the screenshots don't look too bad, but you can really see it in others. It's also disappointing that they changed the title card to an English only one. The French disc from TF1 looks like the one to get.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I took a look and it seems like "The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin" also has problems with it. As does the Hard Boiled one. They don't have a comparison for Tai Chi Master though. But the Fist Of Legend Blu looks to be pretty good.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare2/fistoflegend/zoom/fistoflegend.htm

I only paid 5$ a piece brand new, except for FOL which was 10$, so I can't really complain.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up the Region 2 Portuguese edition of "Underworld" at a pawn shop today for 2$. Got it because the back cover lists both the theatrical and extended cuts on the first disc. Popped it in though and it's only got the extended cut. :( And while the Portuguese subtitles aren't burned in, they are locked in with no way to remove them. The back cover doesn't list all the extras either, but I'm pretty sure it's identical to the 2-disc Region 1 extended edition which I own. The only difference is that all the extras are on the second disc on the Portuguese release, whereas the Region 1 edition includes the "Fang Vs. Fiction" documentary, outtakes, theatrical trailer, and TV spots on the first disc along with the movie. I was hoping that the theatrical trailer and TV spots would be the Portuguese ones, but they're just the US ones with locked in Portuguese subtitles. Most extras have the Portuguese subtitles locked in. :(

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Karate Kid (1984), Heavy Metal, and Underworld Evolution. All on Blu-Ray, all 4.99$ at Best Buy.

Top Bottom