• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Pretty sure you're wrong ranger ;)
So...
Evangelion 2.22 (I own these on dvd along with the original series still)
Ghost in the shell 2: even though I kind of hate it/do not understand it... I'm a completionist.
Ghost in the shell; the blu ray release of the original film, not that bastardised urban tan colour filtered version with it's unnessessary CG scenes. Whoever heard of fans culling for an original version of a film to get a HD rerelease over the 'superior improved' version? the mind boggles.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Shallow Hall

All on Blu-Ray. All 1.25$ at Dollar Tree. The Fantastic Mr. Fox is the 20th Century Fox release, a Blu-Ray combo pack, and not the Criterion Collection release. Obviously not going to find Criterion Collection titles at the Dollar Tree. :lol: Still, I was really surprised to find these titles there.

I also picked up "Race Against Time" and "Nowhere Land" on VHS for a quarter a piece at the library. And I stopped by Value Village and found the original score for John Carpenter's Halloween. It's scratched but hopefully it'll still play no problem. At 1.99$ I wasn't about to pass that up.

blueyoda

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
http://www.fright-rags.com/collections-the-terminator-c-40_63.html

HSbkeso.png

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another day, another credit note at the used games store
DVD: Big Bang theory seasons 1-6
Big Bang theory Season 7
Inbetweeners (UK) seasons 1-3 (even though it seems to be on perpetual syndicated repeat)

Blu Ray:
Pan's Labyrinth
Scre4m
Fast & the furious the complete (1-5) set, awful inner box none of the disc holders sit in place because the rungs are broken. I had 5 and 6 already so I figured I might as well get 1-4 even though I only really like Tokyo Drift.
Tucker & Dale vs evil.

Blu ray Purchases:
The Cat Returns
Laputa
Howl's moving castle
(I'll get spirited away and maybe some of the others when their price drops, or if they happen to fall into a black friday deal)

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVD's:
End of Evangelion - i'm buying the new ones as as they come out but this was still missing from my original series collection.
Ghost in the shell Stand Alone complex 1st season, I sold mine a few months before but I found it much cheaper so I couldn't resist re-owning it.
TMNT season 1 (the 2013 nickelodeon series, I like it)

Aaaaaaaaand
Batman (1966) the complete Series, I decided to get the DVD release, I spent too much deliberating over the Blu Ray Release which includes cards & a Hot Wheel batmobile toy but then people complained that the ultravoilet codes weren't on the in the UK set as listed, of all the things they could have complained about. Anyway Amazon have pulled it from their site pending an investigation and so the only vopies now are greedy market sellers listing copies for £250+
I could have been patient and waited for Amazon to start re-listing copies or I can just bite my tongue and pay £60 for the dvd editions.

Thing is, aside from me being a very impatient type of person, with a show as old as that I'm not sure there'd be that much difference between the two transfers. I'll bet the dvd's look a damn side better than any old tv rip bootlegs that float around at conventions.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Aaaaaaaaand
Batman (1966) the complete Series, I decided to get the DVD release, I spent too much deliberating over the Blu Ray Release which includes cards & a Hot Wheel batmobile toy but then people complained that the ultravoilet codes weren't on the in the UK set as listed, of all the things they could have complained about. Anyway Amazon have pulled it from their site pending an investigation and so the only vopies now are greedy market sellers listing copies for £250+
I could have been patient and waited for Amazon to start re-listing copies or I can just bite my tongue and pay £60 for the dvd editions.

Not sure if you're aware, but there's two episodes that are missing stuff.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/336202-batman-dvd-set-missing-tag-scene-in-s2-episode/

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Transformers Age Of Extinction on Tuesday and this morning I had Krull through the post....and even though it says Region A locked, it still plays :D happy days!!!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to Target last night looking for something for my sister's birthday, got her "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" on Blu-Ray, and saw that they had the 7th season of The Big Bang Theory, the latest release, on sale for only 8.42$ (DVD), regular 29.99$. So needless to say I grabbed that one for myself. :lol: Looks like this release has the most extras so far, but I'm still disappointed that they aren't including any deleted scenes or audio commentaries. And are they ever going to include the two unaired pilots as extras?

And today I had to go to the library to return some DVD's and forgot that they were having a used book/CD/DVD sale. DVD's were only 1$ each, no tax. And they were from donations, not DVD's that were in circulation through the library. I picked up the following 9 DVD's:

- Across The Pacific
- Girls' Dormitory/Cafe Metropole
- This Above All/Second Honeymoon
- Dodge City
- They Died With Their Boots On
- In Old Chicago
- Four's A Crowd
- The Eddy Duchin Story
- Swing Shift

Across The Pacific is a Bogart movie. The two double feature discs are part of the Tyrone Power Matinee Idol Collection. Both discs and Across The Pacific are in those slim cases so they're probably part of a box set. Dodge City, They Died With Their Boots On, and Four's A Crowd are all Errol Flynn movies. Four's A Crowd is also from The Warner Bros. Archive Collection. In Old Chicago and The Eddie Duchin Story are Tyrone Power's movies. In Old Chicago is also a Best Picture nominee, so that will help with that challenge. It's also got the Roadshow version and the Theatrical cut, so that's cool. Swing Shift is a Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell movie set during WWII.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
- Across The Pacific

Across The Pacific is a Bogart movie. The two double feature discs are part of the Tyrone Power Matinee Idol Collection. Both discs and Across The Pacific are in those slim cases so they're probably part of a box set. Dodge City, They Died With Their Boots On, and Four's A Crowd are all Errol Flynn movies. Four's A Crowd is also from The Warner Bros. Archive Collection. In Old Chicago and The Eddie Duchin Story are Tyrone Power's movies. In Old Chicago is also a Best Picture nominee, so that will help with that challenge. It's also got the Roadshow version and the Theatrical cut, so that's cool. Swing Shift is a Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell movie set during WWII.

Wow, I think I used to have that Action movie on Blackhawk 8mm.
Four's A Crowd - the Errol Flynn comedy? Very funny.
Swing Shift, the modern film or the one with Maisie?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Wow, I think I used to have that Action movie on Blackhawk 8mm.
Four's A Crowd - the Errol Flynn comedy? Very funny.
Swing Shift, the modern film or the one with Maisie?

Yep. Four's A Crowd is the Erroly Flynn comedy. And Swing Shift is with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell so it's the modern one.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Flynn had a very deft comic touch.
If you like Four's A Crowd, you will
probably like Footsteps In The Dark,
a detective comedy that had the template for a series.
Never happened, though.
Flynn simply brought in too much as an action hero.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So Many great deals on Blu-Ray movies this Christmas season.

I got
-Argo Extended Edition
-Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (IMO the best spy movie ever made)
-Goonies, Gremlins, Gremlins 2 (Triple Feature)
-Taken, Fight Club and RoboCop (Original Directors Cut) $3.00 ea at Wal-Mart
-Limitless Extended Cut
-Fantastic Mr. Fox

I didn't pay more than $7.00 for any of these. Blu-Ray Disc production must be getting vary inexpensive.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
So Many great deals on Blu-Ray movies this Christmas season.

I got
-Argo Extended Edition
-Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (IMO the best spy movie ever made)
-Goonies, Gremlins, Gremlins 2 (Triple Feature)
-Taken, Fight Club and RoboCop (Original Directors Cut) $3.00 ea at Wal-Mart
-Limitless Extended Cut
-Fantastic Mr. Fox

I didn't pay more than $7.00 for any of these. Blu-Ray Disc production must be getting vary inexpensive.

Those are sweet prices! I'm assuming, given that you didn't pay more than 7$ for any of these, that Fantastic Mr. Fox is the original FOX release and not the Criterion Collection one?

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Those are sweet prices! I'm assuming, given that you didn't pay more than 7$ for any of these, that Fantastic Mr. Fox is the original FOX release and not the Criterion Collection one?

Yes, It's the Fox release. It also comes with the dopey "Digital Copy" where you have to keep the code and the disc in order to DL the movie for free. I hate those. Ultraviolet for me all the way.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
Yes, It's the Fox release. It also comes with the dopey "Digital Copy" where you have to keep the code and the disc in order to DL the movie for free. I hate those. Ultraviolet for me all the way.

Yeah, I hate those too. The movie's included on the disc in a digital format but you have to go online to use the code. And why is there an expiration date? It's not like the movie is hosted on a website or a cloud or anything. Just wasting a perfectly good DVD if you ask me. I picked up a copy of the same release a while ago at the Dollar Tree for 1.25$.

Top Bottom