• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Planet of the Apes' Blu-Ray boxset was on offer. It's an older one with just the classic films, which is perfect as I didn't want another copy of 'Rise' and I'd have actually have paid more for it not to include the Burton film anyway, so it's win win :).

I've only seen 'Conquest', 'Escape' and the original a long, long time ago. So I've got those to rewatch plus the two other reputedly sh*tty ones to see fresh ;-).

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I've only seen 'Conquest', 'Escape' and the original a long, long time ago. So I've got those to rewatch plus the two other reputedly sh*tty ones to see fresh ;-).

I would not call BENEATH or BATTLE sh*tty, both have great stuff in them, though BATTLE was the weakest in the series. Both are still a million times better than Burton's Apes movie. :D

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
I would not call BENEATH or BATTLE sh*tty, both have great stuff in them, though BATTLE was the weakest in the series. Both are still a million times better than Burton's Apes movie. :D
I strongly disagree. Both are actually A BILLION times better than Burton's Apes movie, POTAINO.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got this VHS in the mail today. It was still sealed too.

2Oysyv3.jpg
1wcg7XB.jpg

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Within the last week or so I picked up the following VHS tapes:

- Meatloaf: To Hell And Back (VH1 biopic)
- Trainspotting (screener)
- The Adventures Of Huck Finn (screener)
- The Flintstones: I Yabba Dabba Do! (screener)
- Adventures In Dinosaur City
- Outrageous Fortune
- The Glass Bottom Boat
- Casper
- Casper Meets Wendy
- Casper's Haunted Christmas
- The Duke
- Soccer Dog: European Cup
- Happily Ever After (Filmation animated film)

And I'm sure you know by now, from reading my posts in this thread, that I collect screeners. I told a friend of mine a while back that I'd pick up any screeners I came across while shopping for VHS. Well, I think I proved that yesterday. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, okay really embarrassed :lol: , but I picked up a screener for "Barney's Great Adventure: The Movie". Yep. That big purple dinosaur that everybody hates made a movie back in the late 90's and I found and bought a screener copy. I guess on the bright side it'll help me out with my 50,000 Movie Challenge. :lol:

Almost forgot. I also picked up the US DVD of Jason X the other day.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Psycho Triple Feature (Psycho II, Psycho III, Psycho IV: The Beginning)(DVD) - 3$
- Night Of The Demons (Scream Factory)(Blu-Ray Combo Pack) - 3.25$

Both brand new. The Psycho disc I got at Dollarama. I went in hoping they had added more horror movies to the bin at the front. Instead they changed it into a Christmas movies for kids bin. Yeah, still October and they're pushing Christmas already. Found the Psycho disc at the back of the store though. Night Of The Demons was 24.99$ but I redeemed 140,000 Pure HMV points to get a 25$ gift card, which I then used on Night Of The Demons. All I had to pay was the tax.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amazon has many "deals of the day" and I just recently bought the Nightmare on Elm Street blu-ray box set and the Scream blu-ray box set, it didn't include Scream 4 though.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
KobaKommander said:
Amazon has many "deals of the day" and I just recently bought the Nightmare on Elm Street blu-ray box set and the Scream blu-ray box set, it didn't include Scream 4 though.

I thought they had only released one Scream box set. After Scream 4 was released on home video. It includes all 4 movies and a bonus disc or two with two full-length documentaries on the franchise.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
I thought they had only released one Scream box set. After Scream 4 was released on home video. It includes all 4 movies and a bonus disc or two with two full-length documentaries on the franchise.

Scream: Five-Film Set (Scream / Scream 2 / Scream 3 / Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective / Scream: Inside the Story)

It says five film set but two of them are essentially just glorified featurettes. Oh well, I only paid 10 bucks for it.

I think I found the set you are talking about, but it looks like it is a Canadian box set, which makes sense why you knew about it and I didn't. It's also going for around $70 USD and comes with a Ghost Mask. I think I'll just buy Scream 4 separately.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
KobaKommander said:
Scream: Five-Film Set (Scream / Scream 2 / Scream 3 / Still Screaming: The Ultimate Scary Movie Retrospective / Scream: Inside the Story)

It says five film set but two of them are essentially just glorified featurettes. Oh well, I only paid 10 bucks for it.

I think I found the set you are talking about, but it looks like it is a Canadian box set, which makes sense why you knew about it and I didn't. It's also going for around $70 USD and comes with a Ghost Mask. I think I'll just buy Scream 4 separately.

Yeah, that's the set. I hadn't heard about that one until I went looking for the US one, thinking it included all 4 films and was the only box set released. I didn't know that we had different box sets. I didn't care about the mask. I wanted those two documentaries. Instead of paying whatever high price they were asking for the box set I just put the individual movies on my Christmas wishlist. Best Buy was selling all four individually for like 7.50$. Come Christmas morning I got all four.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Yeah, that's the set. I hadn't heard about that one until I went looking for the US one, thinking it included all 4 films and was the only box set released. I didn't know that we had different box sets. I didn't care about the mask. I wanted those two documentaries. Instead of paying whatever high price they were asking for the box set I just put the individual movies on my Christmas wishlist. Best Buy was selling all four individually for like 7.50$. Come Christmas morning I got all four.

Nice, I'm in the process of trying to build up my blu-ray library. Think I might splurge this holiday season.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Source Code' & 'Speed Racer' on blu-ray, both $5ish.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Paprika upgraded to Blu Ray... too bad Tokyo Godfather and Millenium actress aren't on blu ray

Also on Blu Ray
Ninja Scroll
Jumanji
Hook
Fanboys
Day Watch/Night watch double pack. I'm guessing the order for these is day followed by night? it's just the box has Night Watch/Day Watch so I'm a bit muddled on the order, I've also never seen these films before, it was more of an impulse buy.

I'm also toying with getting some Argento, Suspirira is on Blu Ray and technically would replace my dvd copy, the UK BR was relased in 2012 but I can't be sure if it's a different transfer than the messed up one that the preservation cut sought to set right. Maybe I'll just keep my dvd copy and the Preservation.
But I want to get Inferno and Opera too.

slekyr

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Paprika upgraded to Blu Ray... too bad Tokyo Godfather and Millenium actress aren't on blu ray
Day Watch/Night watch double pack. I'm guessing the order for these is day followed by night? it's just the box has Night Watch/Day Watch so I'm a bit muddled on the order, I've also never seen these films before, it was more of an impulse buy.

Night Watch is first then Day Watch. I enjoyed both of them but I liked Day Watch better. They are by director Timur Bekmambetov, who directed Wanted, so there is more style than substance just a fyi.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:

I second that. And I wish they'd release Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away on Blu as well. I believe Princess Mononoke did get a Blu release recently, but not in North America. :(

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
KobaKommander said:
Night Watch is first then Day Watch. I enjoyed both of them but I liked Day Watch better. They are by director Timur Bekmambetov, who directed Wanted, so there is more style than substance just a fyi.

I can hand style over substance at this extreme, I mean it's more bearable than say the underworld films. I actually enjoyed Wanted though I haven't seen it more than once.

Frantic Canadian said:
I second that. And I wish they'd release Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away on Blu as well. I believe Princess Mononoke did get a Blu release recently, but not in North America. :(

Yeah I only have two Ghibli films on Blu ray and that's Poppy Hill & Wind Rises, the former was being sold at the store for the same price as the dvd so I just figured... And the latter was just a really good brand new price. I would like to replace the others but I'd be selling them for about 1/2 or 1/3rd of the price to replace them, it doesn't help when my dvd player keeps displaying image 1/2 every time the chapter changes. doesn't seem to be a way to hide it on the player, so I end up watching the dvd's through the playstation 3... in which case I'd also rather have the blu rays :p

Top Bottom