• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks guys, but really it's only the first two Ju-on films I was having trouble with obtaining everything else is readily avaiable from multiple marketplace sellers.
I watched dumplings on 3 extremes and it felt like watching a consecution edit of something I hadn't seen and wanted to check out the full version of lol. Plus it's the hottest Bai Ling has ever looked.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
I watched dumplings on 3 extremes and it felt like watching a consecution edit of something I hadn't seen and wanted to check out the full version of lol. Plus it's the hottest Bai Ling has ever looked.

But what I was saying was that while a cut down version of Dumplings appears in 3 Extremes, the full film is available on the second disc as a bonus. At least on the Canadian release, and the US should be the same as well.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ah I see, sadly it's a seperate film and not included in the UK release. For some reason I've tried to keep my Region 1 buying to a minimum, I think it used to be about having a harder time selling a region 1 where a region 2 was available. But I suppose these days dvd's seem so inexpensive.

My copy of what I thought was going to be the grudge 2 turned up, but it's actually the grudge: 2 disc collector's edition... it has been listed in the wrong section. I have a friend who might be interested in a copy though.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- The Tomb
- Fragile
- Dark House
- Road Kill
- Red State
- Evil Remains
- Nature's Grave
- Gone Dark
- Red Hook
- The Werewolf Of Washington
- The Devil's Wedding Night

Picked all that up at Dollarama for 2$ a piece. The Tomb, Fragile, Dark House, and Road Kill are all part of the "Fangoria FrightFest" series. There's only 8 in the series so I'm going to go check out a couple other Dollarama's on Tuesday to see if I can find the remaining 4. Not sure, but I think Fragile and Dark House might be useful to you [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION] for your that project/edit you're working on.

Aside from Jersey Girl the only Kevin Smith movie I didn't own was Red State, so at 2$ I figured it was about time I picked it up. :lol: Decent set of extras on it too. Evil Remains, Nature's Grave, and Gone Dark are available separately, but I got them in a triple pack. I was worried that they'd jammed all three movies on 1 disc, but it's actually two discs. The first one is single-sided with only Nature's Grave. The second disc is a flipper disc with Evil Remains on one side and Gone Dark on the other. Ordinarily I hate flipper discs, but I'll take a flipper disc over cramming two movies on a single-sided disc any day.

The Werewolf Of Washington and The Devil's Wedding Night are both from the Elvira's Movie Macabre series. No extras included, aside from trailers that play when you start up the disc, but you've got the option of watching the movie hosted by Elvira or just the movie itself, so that's pretty cool.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Aside from Jersey Girl the only Kevin Smith movie I didn't own was Red State, so at 2$ I figured it was about time I picked it up. :lol: Decent set of extras on it too.

I've always wondered if part of Loki & Bartleby's Dogma footage could have been intercut with the court case.

I took in a lot of games and some anime dvd's to my local used games/dvd store today.
Walked out with
[DVD]
Thirst
Karl Pilkington's The Moaning of Life
[Blu Ray]
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Captain America 2
Fast 5
The Godfather Trilogy
Robocop (87)

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
28 Days Later is really good up until the military gets in on it, and 28 Weeks Later is (in my opinion) a lot better than the first overall. The opening sequence alone is bone chilling!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've not seen either since their theatrical releases so it'll be good revisiting both, I know there was a 27 days fanedit floating around a few years ago but it's probably dead links by now.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Not sure, but I think Fragile and Dark House might be useful to you Neglify for your that project/edit you're working on.

Nice, thanks for the tip. Added to massive list of "To-Watch" flicks.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Of course I got 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'. From watching it again there is room for a very modest fanedit but it's so damn near perfect that I doubt I can be bothered. Bit disapointed with the deleted scenes, I guess all the good scenes were put in the movie in the first place.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went back to the same Dollarama hoping that they had restocked and added more of their horror DVD's for Halloween, but they didn't. All they added was a copy of BloodRayne 3 and Elvira's Movie Macabre: Count Dracula's Great Love, so I got the Elvira one. Tried the Dollorama at the mall but they had the same titles as the other one, but with less selection. It's still early though. I'm sure they'll restock at some point before Halloween and I'll be able to find those missing 4 Fangoria ones, and hopefully the other Elvira's Movie Macabre ones too.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The new Ghostbusters II BD is astounding. Every image looks a treat. The colors are perfect. If only every BD were this good.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Prometheus (2012)

Best Buy has theses on clearance for $7.99 Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital DL, or 3D Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital DL for $11.99. The Digital DL expires October 14th of this year so that's prolly why they are blowing out of them.

I got the $7.99 copy. The 3D didn't wow me.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Linten1 said:
Prometheus (2012)

Best Buy has theses on clearance for $7.99 Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital DL, or 3D Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital DL for $11.99. The Digital DL expires October 14th of this year so that's prolly why they are blowing out of them.

I got the $7.99 copy. The 3D didn't wow me.

The Blu-Ray 3D edition features a bonus Blu-Ray though with a near 4-hour documentary on the making of the film. Iirc there's some other extras included on that bonus disc too. It's exclusive to the Blu-Ray 3D edition, which is why I opted for the 3D edition instead of the regular BD edition.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the Ghostbusters double pack, which is a standard amaray case, and not the gorgeous digibook you guys have ( :( ), and the Lord of the Rings trilogy on Blu ray. Separate releases, and The Two Towers cost me 12p not including postage :D

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'The Conjuring' on blu-ray, for an outdoor double-feature in our backyard next week, with 'Frozen' (previously purchased).

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
The Blu-Ray 3D edition features a bonus Blu-Ray though with a near 4-hour documentary on the making of the film. Iirc there's some other extras included on that bonus disc too. It's exclusive to the Blu-Ray 3D edition, which is why I opted for the 3D edition instead of the regular BD edition.
Damnit!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought what I believed to be the 3 Disc edition Ring Trilogy on dvd. But when it came it was 4 discs. The 4th disc is actually a film called Sleeping bride, I'm not sure if it has any real connection to the other three films. Anyway it's a pretty nice set with a plastic sleeve over a 4 panel cardboard foldout. and ten there's a nice little lenticular cover of Sadako exiting the tv, but it's just a thin peice and can be stored in the box with the regukar non animated version of the picture on display instead

And even though I already have ghostbusters on blu ray, I purchased the 30th anniversary edition too because I don't love 2 but I'd still like to have it on blu ray. Buying it seperately is literally more than the double set. Also I bought the first from the second hand games store and while the disc is 100% legit, the cover looks like it was printed with a crappy larger than usual bbfc sticker plastered over the spine.

ranger613

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cocaine Cowboys, on a friend's recommendation. This is a pretty amazing documentary. I had no idea that Miami was as deadly as it once was during the 80s drug wars. With a synth heavy score by Jan Hammer and excellent editing, this is one film I highly recommend checking out

Extended trailer

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My latest purchase, Goliath contro i giganti, makes for pleasant, light-hearted viewing on a lazy Sunday afternoon – recommended for fans of peplum films. Fernando Rey stars.

Top Bottom