• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got the 'Raid 2: Berandal' Blu-Ray. Finally I get to see what the review on the box art describes as "The greatest action film ever". Very sad that no cinema near me played it but hopefully it still packs a punch at home.

Ooh just noticed it comes with 5 top-trumps style artcards with the characters from this 8-bit Raid2 game...

http://shortlist.com/entertainment/films/exclusive-raid-2-8-bit-game

I'm so used to DVDs coming with nothing physical inside the case these days, that I didn't even check. Nice surprise :).

njvc

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Today's BD purchases: Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Rambo Quadrilogy, Now You See Me (Extended), Amazing Spiderman 2 3D, Her, Serenity.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Godzilla Double Feature: Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla and Godzilla vs. Destroyha 5 loonies at Best Buy!!!

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
njvc said:
Today's BD purchases: Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Rambo Quadrilogy, Now You See Me (Extended), Amazing Spiderman 2 3D, Her, Serenity.

Have you seen 'Her' yet. Not my style. I won't leave any spoilers. Are you planning an edit?

AD_Phoenix

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I bought the 'X-Men and the Wolverine: Adamantium Collection' on Blu-ray a few weeks ago in HMV for £28, which is the cheapest I've seen it anywhere, including online. I'd love to edit an X-Men film, but it'd have to be something pretty unique :)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Batman: Assault On Arkham (Blu-Ray combo)(21.97$)
- Classic Westerns 10-Movie Collection (DVD)(4.88$)

If I'm not mistaken the Batman movie is actually a sequel to a video game. Anybody know if there's a movie edit of the game using the cut scenes and gameplay?

The Classic Westerns 10-Movie Collection is an official release through Universal and not some low-budget company. The movies included are:

- The Virginian (1946)
- Texas Rangers Ride Again (1940)
- The Spoilers (1942)
- When The Daltons Rode (1940)
- Albuquerque (1948)
- Whispering Smith (1948)
- Comanche Territory (1950)
- Sierra (1950)
- Kansas Raiders (1950)
- Tomahawk (1951)

I've got another set like this from Universal called "Family Favorites". What sucks is that they put the 10 movies on 3 discs. Four on the first and three on the second and third. The quality suffers because of it. Hopefully, given the age of these films, they'll be in black and white and the loss of quality won't be as noticeable. They had other sets like this in the 5$ bin but this was the only one I was interested in. Was hoping to find a classic sci-fi one, but nope. :(

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's been a while since my last post, sooooo....

BLU
: Master & Commander: The Far Side of the Ocean, Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, Enemies Closer (Van Damme) and Sunshine.
DVDs: 2001 A Space Odyssey, An American Werewolf in Paris, Bruce Almighty, Dead Snow 2, Die Hard, Drunken Master 2, Face/Off, Finding Forrester, Gorillas in the Mist, Justice League & Justice League Unlimited, King Kong 1933, King Kong 1976, King Kong Lives, Magnolia, Mulholland Drive, North by Northwest, Nymphomaniac Vol 1 & 2, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, One Hour Photo, Open Range, Ronin, Taking Lives, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the original live action one; already had the 2nd one), The Green Mile, The Matrix, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Vampire's Kiss, Pi, The World's End, The Vikings, and a few more I can't remember.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally the 18-film Werner Herzog Blu-Ray boxset has arrived from the BFI. I'm going to watch through all the films in the order he filmed them starting in 1967 and ending with 1987's 'Cobre Verde'. Sadly the boxset is an almost complete but-not-quite filmography missing out 8 Herzog projects filmed before 1987. These are...

Herakles (1962) Fiction short film
Signs of Life (1968) Fiction feature film
The Flying Doctors of East Africa (1969) Documentary feature film
Even Dwarfs Started Small (1970) Fiction feature film
No One Will Play With Me (1976) Fiction short film
La Soufrière (1977) Documentary short film
Where the Green Ants Dream (1984) Fiction feature film
Portrait Werner Herzog (1986) Documentary short film

Fortunately 6 out of those 8 are available on YouTube...

I had a look at 'Aguirre, Wrath of God' which I was most excited about seeing in HD and the upgrade is amazing :). Here are a few comparisons I captured between the previous best quality this movie was availble in and the new Blu-Ray...

(^ Click to expand image)

The comparisons that between it and 'Apocalypse Now' are now far easier to see in this new transfer.

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I purchased Mad Max 2 aka The Road Warrior out of the $5.99 Blu-Ray bin at Wal-Mart over the weekend. Wow, what a beautiful looking disc. The Director Commentary is better than average. 1/4 reminiscence 1/2 technical and 1/4 just talking about old times with the Cinema Photographer.

Well worth the money and it comes with a VUDU Digital Download Code too.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
- Batman: Assault On Arkham (Blu-Ray combo)(21.97$)
-
If I'm not mistaken the Batman movie is actually a sequel to a video game. Anybody know if there's a movie edit of the game using the cut scenes and gameplay?

I had to read up because I wasn't sure where in the timeline it takes place but supposedly it's set after Arkham Origins (third released bur chronoligically the first) and before Arkham Asylum. The sort of contradiction is Deadshot because he's a bit part of the story in the movie, but he doesn't really feature in the series until Arkham City (second game released and sequel to Arkham Asylum)

Your best option is to look on youtube for 'Arkham Origins movie' there's a load of different people that have started using a mixture of cutscenes and ingame progress. Thing is the games have sidemissions for some charactrers so some may have just focused on the main storyline like this guy
but he has the link to the 'extras' a a seperate shorter video. It also doesn't help that DLC for the game came out a few months back called 'cold cold heart' which is centered around Mr Freeze (but it's also the Hank Williams song that the joker sings during the end credits of the main game.)
In all fairness you can get by watching the film as a standalone experience, there's not really much that carries over, it's just that most of the core cast are voiced by the same people who voiced them in the games, such as Troy Baker (who stepped in after Hamil's retirement) oddly Tara Strong who voiced Harley from the second game after Arleen Sorkin stopped voicing her for some reason is also missing from the film, but the VA who voiced Harley sounded near identical that I didn't realise until the end Credits.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
I had to read up because I wasn't sure where in the timeline it takes place but supposedly it's set after Arkham Origins (third released bur chronoligically the first) and before Arkham Asylum. The sort of contradiction is Deadshot because he's a bit part of the story in the movie, but he doesn't really feature in the series until Arkham City (second game released and sequel to Arkham Asylum)

Your best option is to look on youtube for 'Arkham Origins movie' there's a load of different people that have started using a mixture of cutscenes and ingame progress. Thing is the games have sidemissions for some charactrers so some may have just focused on the main storyline like this guy
but he has the link to the 'extras' a a seperate shorter video. It also doesn't help that DLC for the game came out a few months back called 'cold cold heart' which is centered around Mr Freeze (but it's also the Hank Williams song that the joker sings during the end credits of the main game.)
In all fairness you can get by watching the film as a standalone experience, there's not really much that carries over, it's just that most of the core cast are voiced by the same people who voiced them in the games, such as Troy Baker (who stepped in after Hamil's retirement) oddly Tara Strong who voiced Harley from the second game after Arleen Sorkin stopped voicing her for some reason is also missing from the film, but the VA who voiced Harley sounded near identical that I didn't realise until the end Credits.

Thanks for doing the research. I checked Wikipedia and discovered that the movie is actually set after the most recent game but wasn't aware that the games weren't chronological. I checked YouTube and found movie versions of the games for all three games but some of them had different running times. Like one guy had one that ran 2 hours and another guy had one that ran close to 3 hours, for the same game. I guess the longer one would include the side mission(s). Wasn't sure if I should download them or watch the actual movie first and then download them if I felt like I missed something. Decided that I'm going to watch the actual movie first though.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I last bought these Blu-Rays for fanediting altogether from Amazon:

The Superman Motion Picture Anthology
Batman: The Motion Picture Anthology
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I should spellcheck, I meant to say Deadshot is a BIG part of the movie compared to the game where he's just a side objective.
Also in future I'll keep posts like that to PM's because it sort of derailed the thread momentarily.

Keeping on Topic.
I've kind of gone through a mini asian horror kick at the moment.
I've purchased: A Tale of two sisters on Blu Ray
and on DVD.
Phone
Ju-on: The Grudge 1 & 2 (would love to get my hands on the prequels Ju-on: the curse) but they were never released over here. Maybe I need to check on ebay or something.
Shutter
Dumplings
The Host
Thirst

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
I should spellcheck, I meant to say Deadshot is a BIG part of the movie compared to the game where he's just a side objective.
Also in future I'll keep posts like that to PM's because it sort of derailed the thread momentarily.

Keeping on Topic.
and on DVD.
Phone
Ju-on: The Grudge 1 & 2 (would love to get my hands on the prequels Ju-on: the curse) but they were never released over here. Maybe I need to check on ebay or something.
Shutter
Dumplings
The Host
Thirst

Don't know where you're from but Amazon DE offers Ju-On The Curse with Jap/Ger audio and German subs.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:

Keeping on Topic.
and on DVD.
Phone
Shutter
Dumplings
The Host
Thirst

Check your region coding on those.
Also, make sure there are subs if you need.
Yesasia is still around, as is Asian Cult Cinema.
K2DVD strikes me as pricey.
When buying from eBay, I always hunt for DTS audio.
Find I usually get a DVD-9 that way, rather than a quality boot.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
most of them are through amazon and where possible through amazon themselves as opposed to third paties especially when more than one version of the film exists because I don't quite trust some companies to list the right product under the relevant version.

Didn't even know about asian cult cinema, but they have both films on there for $19.95 a piece, not bad I guess.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ACC carries titles no other vendor seems to offer.
That said, almost every DVD I ever bought from them tests out as a DVD-5,
making me suspicious that they sell copies.
They have been around since the early 90s, beloved by Asia fanboys, though the magazine ceased publication in 2009.
Even when I bought discs from retail stores in Hong Kong or Beijing, I assumed I was buying a bootleg.
Amazon is reliable, and check out Amazon co uk or Amazon co jp.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Omaru1982 said:
Dumplings

Dumplings is available on the "3 Extremes" 2-disc set, at least the Canadian one. The US edition should be the same though. There's a cut down version as part of the film itself, but the second disc contains the film in it's entirety.

Top Bottom