• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
steelio2006 said:
Picked up Hills Have Eyes ('06)/Hills Have Eyes II Double Feature along with Dawn of the Dead ('04)/Land of the Dead Double Feature. For $4. Definitely couldn't pass it up.

Also saw Piranha ('10) and Shark Night for $2 a piece. Really thought bout picking those up. But may pick up Piranha with the sequel for $10.

Four bucks for those four movies? Sounds like an awesome deal. I haven't seen Shark Night but Piranha ('10) was a lot of fun. Piranha DD was alright but if you can get Piranha and Shark Night for 2$ a piece I'd probably go for that deal instead.

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it was from a local store that sells Movies n Video Games. So I thought the $4 was definitely worth it. Especially since couldn't find Hills Have Eyes nor the Dawn of the Dead packs in stores anymore.

Yeah, I started watching Piranha DD before. And never made it to the end of the movie. But one of the things that has me interested is hearing the commentary for it. Plus it comes with Piranha ('10) as well. Which I thought wasn't a bad deal really.

Shark Night is definitely one of my favorite shark films (if not top favorite). Yeah, there's Jaws. But I never really had that close of a connection with Jaws cause didn't really grow up watching it all that much. But will say that Shark Night was fantastic when saw it at the theater (free movie tickets for then). And was really cool seeing it in the 3D. Just a lot of fun. Kinda like Snakes On A Plane, which was a bit of a fun film as well.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up "From Star Wars To Jedi: The Making Of A Saga" on VHS today and got it for free cause I was buying some DVD's. The DVD's I got were the "Ghost Ship" screener, "The Learning Curve" screener, and the US release of Freddy Vs. Jason. I found a few more DVD screeners but they were scrated to hell and I didn't want to risk it. I also picked up the French Canadian VHS release of "Muppets From Space" the other day.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went to a flea market and this is what I got:

ijE9yvO.jpg

That's now my third, different, copy of Halloween and my third copy of Muppets From Space (screener, French Canadian, English Canadian). The Making Of Alien 3 is actually a screener. Doesn't say it anywhere on the box or the tape but it says "Not to be sold or rented" on the back cover and on the tape itself, so clearly a screener. It's only 20 minutes long though, according to the back cover, and probably included on one of the DVD's and the Blu-Ray set, but it's a screener so I got it anyways. And in case you were trying to figure out what that second clamshell is, it's the Korean release of the movie Bandits starring Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, and Cate Blanchett. Don't ask me what a Korean release was doing at a flea market here, cause I couldn't tell you. I'm just glad I was able to find it. Would have been better if it had been a Friday The 13th, Halloween, or Nightmare On Elm Street release, but I'm not going to complain. :lol: Tapes were a buck a piece but she gave them to me for 9$.

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm jealous of that Dick Tracy tape, FC!

Do you have the Kill Bill vol.2 or Lone Star vhs screeners?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
I'm jealous of that Dick Tracy tape, FC!

Do you have the Kill Bill vol.2 or Lone Star vhs screeners?

They had a few Dick Tracy tapes but this was the only serial one. Really wish I could have found Vol.2. And no, I don't have either of those screeners, why do you ask?

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
HMV had 5 blu rays for £30 so I picked up:
The Addams Family (I didn't even know this was out, the dvd/blu ray was only released about a year ago despite values having been available on dvd since forever)
Ted: Unrated/thetrical
Silver Linings Playbook
Pitch Perfect
Life of Pi.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'Battle: Los Angeles' & 'Lockout' double feature on blu-ray, $8, Walmart. I saw 'B:LA' and enjoyed the effects, but not the gung-ho story so much. Never saw 'Lockout' but sounds fun.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Grabbed the Planet of the Apes Legacy Collection on Blu Ray at Wal Mart for 20 bucks last night. The five original films in HD seemed like a sweet deal. Each has its own disc, they're not all crammed together on one, but the packaging is only the size of a regular single-blu case. Great art too, or at least, I love that the statue of liberty isn't on it.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
Grabbed the Planet of the Apes Legacy Collection on Blu Ray at Wal Mart for 20 bucks last night. The five original films in HD seemed like a sweet deal. Each has its own disc, they're not all crammed together on one, but the packaging is only the size of a regular single-blu case. Great art too, or at least, I love that the statue of liberty isn't on it.

Does it include the Director's Cut of CONQUEST?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Does it include the Director's Cut of CONQUEST?
The packaging doesn't indicate so I put the disc in and it gives me the option to watch Theatrical or Unrated. I believe that's the director's cut. It's just the ending that's different, right?

Edit: Whoa there are a lot more special features than I expected (I thought none). Also there's a word cgi orangutan who greets you before the menu loads, a little jarring. He literally looks like a video game. I'm gonna have fun exploring these discs though.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
addiesin said:
The packaging doesn't indicate so I put the disc in and it gives me the option to watch Theatrical or Unrated. I believe that's the director's cut. It's just the ending that's different, right?

Yep, that's it, the unrated version.
The ending is VERY different... much darker and significantly more violent... the closing speech by Caesar is very militant.
There also small cut changes here and there, upping the violence factor a bit.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I picked up some DVD's for a change. :D Got "'til Death" season 1 and "Ned And Stacy" season 1 from Dollarama for 3$ a piece.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Breaking Bad Complete Series (DVD)
Noah (BD/DVD combo)
Amazing Spider-Man (BD/DVD combo)

The local grocery store had an amazeballs Buy One Get One Free deal on DVDs and BDs. BB was $10 per season + BOGO = Own complete series for $30. Noah was $20, but got ASM for free. (Their overall selection is pretty limited.)

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
'League of Extraordinary Gentlemen', 'Cutthroat Island' and 'The Last Starfighter' on blu-ray for $12 & change at goHastings using their current 25% off online sale.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went to the library this afternoon and when I passed by my local corner store I noticed that it had changed hands. It was no longer "Dino's" but a "Quickie". The Quickie downtown sells new, i.e. not used, DVD's and Blu-Ray's. The good thing about them too is that I'll often find US releases from the actual studio instead of the Canadian release from Alliance Atlantis. They also carry titles that are out of print or hard to find in regular stores. I saw that the front door was open and that there were people inside so I walked in and started checking out the DVD's. A woman, I guess the owner, came up to me and told me that they weren't open yet. The people in the store were setting it up. So I went back a little later and the store was up and running. Took a look through the Blu-Ray's and DVD's and found a US copy of "Jason Goes To Hell" from New Line. Now I've got both the US and Canadian releases. Oh, and DVD's and Blu-Ray's are 7.99$ each or 3 for 20$.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:

Overall I felt the pacing of this post was dragged out, and the story lacked a satisfying conclusion. I present the fanedited version:

A Quickie at the Quickie

I was walking through Canada and I noticed my local corner store had changed hands. It used to be "Dino's" and now it's a "Quickie". They sell new DVDs and Blu-Rays. I'll often find US releases from the actual studio instead of the Canadian release from Alliance Atlantis. They also carry titles that are out of print or hard to find. DVDs/BDs are 7.99$ each or 3 for 20$.

Took a look through the selection and found a US copy of "Jason Goes To Hell." Now I've got both the US and Canadian releases.

CANADA, F**K YEAH.

:D

Top Bottom