• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
:lol: I'm not a hoarder...I'm a collector. :D

Is your collection organised...

A: Alphabetically
B: By Genre
C: By Director
D: By Format
E: By Label...
F: By Year
G: All of the above
H: None of the above

Answered A-G? = Collector! :)

Answered H? = Hoarder. :(

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

Answered A-G? = Collector :)

Answered H? = Hoarder :(

You forgot an option:

Autobiographical

high-fidelity_420.jpg

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:

Answered A-G? = Collector! :)

Answered H? = Hoarder. :(

My VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray collections are all organized separately and alphabetically. Originally my DVD collection was just organized alphabetically, but then my TV series collection really started to grow so I split it up into three categories: Movies, TV Series, and Music DVD's.

Edit: Not to mention that I also use Film Aficionado , Blu-Ray.com , and TV Shows On DVD to keep track my collections.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^
excellent_o_1136896.jpg

Never been one for the alphabetical me, always been more of a genre man.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^Quicker to find alphabetically. Plus where would you put movies that belong to more than one genre?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
where would you put movies that belong to more than one genre?

It's those important critical decisions that make arranging one's collection so much fun right? right? anybody? :(

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
At my old place, where I had more shelf space, I had my primary collection arranged alphabetically. Numbers where phonetic (12 Monkeys at the end of the Ts section). Then I had some shelves solely for TV. Then I had some shelves for favorite directors, box-sets, or those tin box DVDs Anchor Bay loved to make.

Now I just have three shelves in the living room and a half dozen boxes in the closet. I put a lot of my rewatchable favorites on the shelf for easy access and every few weeks I swap stuff out. It can be a bitch if I say "Hey I feel like watching Robot Monster tonight. Damn, where I put that one?"

dangermouse

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Discs all stored in three huge CD-storage folders (alphabetically). All ripped to the HTPC in the lounge. XBMC manages my library. Bliss!

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Main films by A-Z except where part of a series (so for example I have the dark knight and rises before Battle Royale because of Batman begins)

I also have seperated into DVD and blu ray.

Tv series are kept seperated from films, as are anime and cartoons, Though I tend to keep my CG animated films with the normal feature films (mostly because I have all my pixar films on blu ray)

Oh and the exception to the TV pile is that I have the Alpha Papa movie with all of my other Alan Partridge dvd's

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went to the library to pick up a book I had on hold and took a look to see if they added any new VHS tapes to their sale section. They did. I walked out with:

- Richie Rich (live-action movie starring Macaulay Culkin from 1994)
- Firestarter (original 1984 VHS release, not a re-issue)
- The Long, Long Trailer (Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz movie)
- Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (original release US edition)
- Jason X (Canadian release)

Only a quarter a tape too. I have to go back Saturday to return "Saving Mr. Banks" and hopefully they'll have put out some more tapes. And hopefully Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood and Jason Goes To Hell will be among them. I don't really care about Freddy Vs. Jason, but if they happen to have it for sale I won't say no. :lol:

Linten1

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I no longer own any movie on VHS.

My Laser Disc Collection is alphabetical.

My DVD Collection is Alphabetical by Category. (Action/Western, Drama, Sci-Fi/Horror, Documentary) My collection became so extensive I bought two Hard Cases.

My Blu-Ray Collection is alphabetical. Until recently I had been very particular what titles I bought on Blu-Ray. But with the recent Warner Bros and Universal dump of inexpensive Blu-Rays I've kinda been buying stuff I would not have if the titles had been $19.99 or more.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems that these days more-often-than-not I buy things because I might fanedit them (I'm reasonably sure this a good thing ;-)). On that subject, HMV had these on sale...

The Trip To Italy DVD
Kick-Ass 2 Blu-Ray (An upgrade purchase for me)
Only God Forgives Blu-Ray
White House Down Blu-Ray
Machete Kills Blu-Ray
A.I. Blu-Ray

Only two commentaries :( but still some other decent sounding extras.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
It seems that these days more-often-than-not I buy things because I might fanedit them (I'm reasonably sure this a good thing ;-)). On that subject, HMV had these on sale...

Machete Kills Blu-Ray

Are you planning a Machete/Machete Kills combo edit? I'd definitely be interested in seeing that, although you might want to wait until Machete Kills...In Space is released.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Are you planning a Machete/Machete Kills combo edit? I'd definitely be interested in seeing that, although you might want to wait until Machete Kills...In Space is released.

I haven't actually seen 'Machete Kills' yet but the thought of combining the two was indeed my first thought.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
I haven't actually seen 'Machete Kills' yet but the thought of combining the two was indeed my first thought.

Not to spoil anything, but I think a Machete Kills/Machete Kills...In Space would probably be a better combo edit. I need to re-watch Machete and Machete Kills back-to-back though cause I haven't seen either film since I went to see Machete Kills on opening night. Either way though you should definitely wait until after Machete Kills...In Space is out though.

And to get back on topic, my latest haul.

9PBcBKn.jpg

99 cents a piece. "Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero" and "The Hurricane" are both screeners. I got "Gus" because I liked the cover. It looks old. The movie is from 1976 and it looks like this could be one of the early Disney VHS releases. The only date I can find listed anywhere on the artwork, or the tape itself, is the film's relase year. It's a clamshell case, but not like the ones they've been using for the last 25+ years. The artwork is completely sealed in, as though it's been laminated in, and the case is more solid than the ones we're all familiar with. Not sure if it's worth any money, but I don't care. I just like the look of it.

Fanedit

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Finally bought John Carter on Blu Ray. So now I can watch bionicbob's edit. Can't wait.

Also, recently got Dick Tracy. Been a long time since I'd seen it. Its really good. Anybody thinking about an edit?

To round things out, I added Rumble in the Bronx and The Rocketeer.

PS Gus is a fun, goofy disney film.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
And to get back on topic, my latest haul.

9PBcBKn.jpg

99 cents a piece. "Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero" and "The Hurricane" are both screeners. I got "Gus" because I liked the cover. It looks old. The movie is from 1976 and it looks like this could be one of the early Disney VHS releases. The only date I can find listed anywhere on the artwork, or the tape itself, is the film's relase year. It's a clamshell case, but not like the ones they've been using for the last 25+ years. The artwork is completely sealed in, as though it's been laminated in, and the case is more solid than the ones we're all familiar with. Not sure if it's worth any money, but I don't care. I just like the look of it.

I did a little research and according to the Disney Wikia my copy of "Gus" was released on June 26, 1981. It's the film's first VHS release.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had another splurge on offer-price Blu-Rays...

Lawrence of Arabia (Had the DVD already but good god this HD transfer looks amazing, almost can't put it into words :))
Filth (Really hoping this is as good as Transpotting)
Django Unchained (Finally plugged a gap in my Tarantino collection)

steelio2006

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Picked up Hills Have Eyes ('06)/Hills Have Eyes II Double Feature along with Dawn of the Dead ('04)/Land of the Dead Double Feature. For $4. Definitely couldn't pass it up.

Also saw Piranha ('10) and Shark Night for $2 a piece. Really thought bout picking those up. But may pick up Piranha with the sequel for $10.

Top Bottom