• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went to Wal-Mart tonight looking only to buy "Bad Kids Go To Hell", but wound up walking out with:

- Bad Kids Go To Hell (DVD)(5$)
- Blondie Vol.1 (DVD)(0.94$)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 (DVD)(3.94$)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4 (DVD)(9.97$)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 5 (DVD)(9.97$)
- Kick-Ass 2 (Blu-Ray)(10$)

Blondie Vol.1 is from Echo Bridge, hence the cheap price, and contains the following 5 movies:

- Blondie
- Blondie Meets The Boss
- Blondie Takes A Vacation
- Blondie Brings Up Baby
- Blondie On A Budget

They had another TMNT DVD. There were only 5 episodes on it, with 4 bonus "never before seen" episodes, so I thought it was a compilation disc. Looking it up now though I discovered that it's actually the first season. :oops: Oh well. It was cheap, I think about the same price as season 2, so I'll just have to get it next time.

Edit: The TMNT seasons are of the original 80's show.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 1 (DVD)(3.94$)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 8 (DVD)(11.99$)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 9 (DVD)(6.88$)
- Anchorman (Rich Mahogany Edition)(Blu-Ray)(19.71$)

Again, the TMNT seasons are of the original 1980's series.

Kal-El

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Master and Commander: Far Side of the Ocean, Sunshine, Enemies Closer and MAN OF STEEL. All on Blu-Ray.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I decided to mix it up a bit and hit up a Salvation Army I haven't been to before. Only thing is this one's about an hour's walk away, well for me anyways, I walk faster than most people. Today wasn't the best day to go either cause it was about 38 degrees outside with the humidity. On the bright side though I sweated so much that I'm sure I lost some of the weight around my gut. :lol:

It was all worth it though cause I walked away with four screeners and original US release copies of the first two Friday The 13th films. And then when I left I stopped by the library in that part of town and came away with a copy of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on VHS for only a quarter.

These are the screeners that I picked up today, all 99 cents a piece.

- Paulie
- Mousehunt
- Beethoven
- Last Night

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
- Antwone Fisher (screener)
- Murder In Greenwich (screener)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze (French Canadian release)
- Michael Jackson - Dangerous: The Short Films (possible screener)
- Mystery tape

Salvation Army again. 49 cents a piece. I'm not sure if the Michael Jackson tape is a screener cause there's no mention of it being a screener/screening cassette/demo tape anywhere on the box or the tape itself. The bar code is also present, which they never are on screeners. The bar code box is always either missing completely, there but blank, or there but with the words "Order Date:" and "Street Date:" written inside. The typical message/warning that plays before screeners is also not present. The reason why I think this might be a screener is because there's a sticker that goes from the lower back to the lower front of the box, to "seal" in the tape, that says

PRETE PROPRIETE
EXCLUSIVE DE/
COPY ON LOAN ONLY
REMAINS PROPERTY OF/
Sony Music Canada Inc.
1113 Leslie Street
Don Mills, Ontario
M3C 2J7

And why would that sticker contain that message if it was a regular, mass market, copy?

The mystery tape is a home recorded tape. I picked it up because the label on the spine said "1990 Awars", which I assumed was a typo for "1990 Awards". I was hoping that it was an original broadcast of the 1990 Academy Awards, preferably with the original commercials intact, but it turned out to be a partial recording of the 18th Annual American Music Awards. Unfortunately the person that recorded it hit STOP quite a few times, and after about 20 minutes a segment of Entertainment Tonight about the New Kids On The Block was recorded over it. Then I think a little bit more of the awards, followed by a MuchMusic Spotlight episode on the New Kids On The Block, another NKOTB music video, a little bit more of the awards iirc, and then some concert video of the NKOTB. There's no station ID so I don't know if it was recorded off TV or if they released an official live video that this person then made a copy of it. Either way this tape is going into the trash. :lol:

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another VHS "haul" today.

- Halloween H20 (1$)
- Muppet Sing Along: It's Not Easy Being Green (1$)
- Muppet Babies: Explore With Us (1$)
- Muppet Family Christmas (50 cents)
- The Longshot (50 cents)
- G.I. Joe: The Movie (50 cents)

The Muppet Babies tape features the episodes "The Adventures Of Kermo Polo" and "Transcontinental Whoo-Whoo". I picked up the Muppet tapes to help with AvP's Jim Henson Project. Not sure if he's got these already or not, but I didn't see any listing of these in his thread or on MySpleen. I wasn't sure if the Muppet Family Christmas had been released on DVD or not so I picked it up just in case. Turns out it has been released on DVD but it's out of print. Doesn't really matter though cause every home video release of this, including the 1989 re-airing, is edited. :(

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ I know 50Cent makes movies but wow he's made a lot.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey man, those aren't DVDs or Blu-Rays. Stay on topic!! :icon_e_ugeek:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ThrowgnCpr said:
FC, I want to see pics of your storage facility.

Yes, photos of shelves of collections of precious things!

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
:lol: No storage facility, although I could probably use one. I've got a DVD cabinet and my headboard is about a foot deep and holds about 200 DVD's. Then I've got four boxes, the kind that your groceries get delivered in, filled with DVD's. I've got some VHS tapes on the shelves in my bedroom closet, and the rest of my VHS's, DVD's, and Blu-Ray's are piling up on the floor of my bedroom. If I continue at this rate I'll have to install monkey bars to my ceiling just to get to my bed. :lol:

Top Bottom