• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Got Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Hansel And Gretel Witch Hunters over the past week. They intruiged me, so i thought why not. Oh, and Snatch on blu ray too, just because its great :D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is freaking awesome! A total happy surprise fun time! Loved that movie!!!

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is freaking awesome! A total happy surprise fun time! Loved that movie!!!

I started to watch it the other day. It is damned good fun, and well worth the money i paid for it too.

JetSetWilly

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just got The Delta Force and Mortal Kombat on blu ray through the post. Am watching Delta Force now, and its not a bad transfer.

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Osmosis Jones, I would say for the fan-edit, but I think in this instance, I'm curious enough to watch the series as a whole.

Death note 1 & 2, these were the live action movies that were based off the anime & manga but in aw ay I prefer the tighter narrative and the story has a better ending. I stupidly sold my original dvds a few years ago. I Don't think I'll get the L: change the world inter-quel though.

UPDATE: Okay the 2 disc dvd set arrived and it's Actually called Moses Jones, I'm not sure where and why I got 'Osmosis' from?
Off to watch the first episode now.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hit up the Salvation Army again today and got lucky this time. I found four screeners.

This is everything I got:

- Terminal Justice: Cybertech P.D. (screener)
- Babe (screener)
- Lost In Translation (screener)
- Muppets In Space (screener)
- Harley
- Muppet Classic Theater

Do you already have "Muppet Classic Theater" [MENTION=4826]AvP[/MENTION] ? I wasn't sure if you did or not so I grabbed it anyways. It was only 50 cents so it's no great loss either way.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Are those screeners VHS or DVD?
Back when, our store got VHS screeners all the time.
I never saw one on DVD.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry. Yeah, all VHS. Even the non-screener titles are VHS. They do have a small DVD selection but they never have anything good in there. The only reason I ever hit up the Salvation Army is to check out their VHS section. Sometimes they've got nothing but crap, but other times you'll find screeners and movies that haven't made the jump to DVD, and probably won't either. And that's what I'm after. I do have two screeners on DVD though. One is for the movie Pumpkin and the other one is for Cheerleader Ninjas. I picked those one up at a pawn shop though, and they're the only DVD screeners I've come across so far.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
- Muppet Classic Theater

Do you already have "Muppet Classic Theater" AvP ? I wasn't sure if you did or not so I grabbed it anyways. It was only 50 cents so it's no great loss either way.

Looks like it was released under a different title in the UK, cause you've got it listed as Muppet Fairy Tales. Also, the running time on mine is different, if the time listed on the cassette and back cover are to be believed. Both list the running time as 68 minutes.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Recently I picked up:

- Trapped in the Closet Chapters 1-22
- Michael Jackson Video Greatest Hits
- Beavis & Butthead Do America
- The Brothers Quay
- David Cross: Let America Laugh
- Waxwork & Waxwork II (Double Feature)
- Brother From Another Planet

and some others I don't recall.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gamera: Ultimate Collection V1 & 2 on blu-ray.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just picked up the new Scream Factory release of Sleepaway Camp.

A little tip for my fellow Canadians: If you're planning on redeeming your HMV Pure Points to pay for your purchase, don't. Redeem them for a gift card in the amount you planned on redeeming instead. If you redeem the points to pay for your purchase you only receive points on every penny spent after the total of whatever amount you were redeeming. So let's say you were redeeming enough points to get 25$ off your purchase and your purchase was, say 30$, then you only get points for the five dollars that isn't covered by your redemption. However, if you redeem the points for a gift card you then get points for your entire purchase.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just picked up "The Heat" on Blu-Ray for 3.99$ at Best Buy thanks to an online coupon. Future Shop has a similar deal but with "The Wolverine" on Blu-Ray 3D for only 4.99$. Unfortunately they couldn't price match the special price, it's a special on a special, so looks like I'm probably going to go to Future Shop tomorrow to pick it up.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Went ahead and picked up "The Wolverine" Blu-Ray 3D combo pack at Future Shop for only 4.99$

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Twas my birthday yesterday so someone got me series 1-3 of Sherlock
and both series of Steve Coogan's Saxondale.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Looks like it was released under a different title in the UK, cause you've got it listed as Muppet Fairy Tales. Also, the running time on mine is different, if the time listed on the cassette and back cover are to be believed. Both list the running time as 68 minutes.

Yes i have that. I warn you if you want to transfer it, it will have macrovision.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
AvP said:
Yes i have that. I warn you if you want to transfer it, it will have macrovision.

Yeah, I discovered that the other day when I popped it in. The "Muppets From Space" screener is also macrovisioned. Unfortunately there's no screener trailer(s)/promo reels included though.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ ^
RCA / JVC equipment used to blow off Macro.
I could dub between VCRs and VCR - LD.

For DVDs, there are other routes, fairly well known.

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I got "Watchmen: Director's Cut" on Blu-ray yesterday. The Amazon seller that I ordered from sent me a Canadian copy, so...yay for Bastardized French alternate audio track?

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally broke down and got the Star Wars Blu-ray set. TPM and AOTC have been good, but I haven't gotten to the original trilogy yet so...we'll see if I still like the set after that.

Top Bottom