• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Last DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD or Digital you purchased?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Got this in the mail today....

2nqv.jpg

With this, my KUNG FU collection is complete and the stage is set for my next fan edit. ;-)

Cool. I thought this was only available on DVD in the UK. Nice to see that the Warner Archives decided to release it. I'm curious though. Did you order this directly from the Warner Archives? Cause I've checked out their site before and it says that they only ship within the United States. Unless they've changed that rule.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
Cool. I thought this was only available on DVD in the UK. Nice to see that the Warner Archives decided to release it. I'm curious though. Did you order this directly from the Warner Archives? Cause I've checked out their site before and it says that they only ship within the United States. Unless they've changed that rule.

If you don't live in the U.S., most of the Warner Archive dvds are also available through Amazon.com, so usually that's where I order usually order them. However, this particular item, I ordered through Movies Unlimited. ;-)

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just redeemed some more Disney Movie Reward points for a free copy of Ponyo on Blu-Ray combo pack.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Found this at a pawn shop today for only 5$. A little surprised to find a Japanese Blu-Ray in this area to be honest with you.

01q2HZI.jpg
b7CTeqg.jpg

They also had a Japanese Blu-Ray of Blues Brothers 2000, but seeing as it's Blues Brothers 2000, I left it there. :lol: Funny thing is, I can't find any information on Blu-Ray.com, DVDAficionado.com, or even Google, about a Japanese Blu-Ray for that film.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Frantic Canadian said:
A little surprised to find a Japanese Blu-Ray in this area to be honest with you.

Thank you for your honesty.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
so that incorporates the deleted scenes into an official extended cut?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
Japan gets Resident Evil: Apocalypse extended with AVC and TrueHD

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...dent-evil-apocolypse-extended-avc-truehd.html

Yep, I'm aware of that. Saw this when I went to add it to my Blu-Ray collection. For some reason they don't have the edition I have listed so I'm going to have to submit the info for it so that it can be added. I'd definitely grab the extended edition if they had had it, but unfortunately they only had the theatrical cut. But since I only had the 2-disc theatrical DVD, and I love Japanese releases, and the Blu-Ray was only 5$, I wasn' going to pass it up. :D

ThrowgnCpr said:
so that incorporates the deleted scenes into an official extended cut?

You can see a full rundown of what's different between the theatrical and extended cuts here.

Edit: I find it a little strange that the title is written really big in English, but so small in Japanese. You'd think that this being a Japanese release that it would be the other way around. Also what's strange is that while this franchise is called "Biohazard" in Japan, the opening credits are the same as the North American release, calling it "Resident Evil: Apocalypse".

Mark Moore

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Target-exclusive Blu-ray/DVD combo with extra DVD of three featurettes totaling 45 minutes.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
How about last VHS I bought???

Cindy Crawford's Next Big Challenge
Cinderella
Peter Pan
Good Will Hunting
Some other random Disney movie

Goodwill 5 for 1 dollar. I bought an old CRT there also, maybe a 16 inch screen. My girl friend went to get an old VCR/DVD combo unit from her parents place, and we did that workout program last night together, viewing it on the old TV. Some parts were surprisingly challenging, and I learned a few new (very unique) stretches. Not too shabby for a 21 year old workout program! Technology changes, but the methods to stay fit remain the same! :)

Before that, I sat down to watch the last half of Cinderella with the girl friend. Does anyone else think the prince is a complete dick? Anyone notice the cat's name is Lucifer? The hell was Disney doing to us back then??

Rogue-theX

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
VHS is the way of the future.

I can get 'em at one thrift store for 10 cents each, that usually amounts to 2 dollars for a bag full of tapes.

I hope to find a betamax player one day.

Last dvd I bought was the Abominable Dr. Phibes.

wayne.workman2012

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rogue-theX said:
VHS is the way of the future.

I can get 'em at one thrift store for 10 cents each, that usually amounts to 2 dollars for a bag full of tapes.

I hope to find a betamax player one day.

Last dvd I bought was the Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Check out e-bay. I've heard of those (once).

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"300/Troy (Director's Cut)/Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut" Blu-ray Triple feature for $12.96. Haven't seen any of these, so don't know if I'm in for a treat or a world of Walmart regret.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Garp said:
"300/Troy (Director's Cut)/Alexander Revisited: The Final Cut" Blu-ray Triple feature for $12.96. Haven't seen any of these, so don't know if I'm in for a treat or a world of Walmart regret.

300 - I hated that movie, but a lot of people like it.
Troy DC - Not bad, some terrible acting but pretty enjoyable
Alexander - Highly enjoyable train wreck. Although I haven't seen "The Final Cut", I saw the theatrical cut and "Director's Cut".

I'd say they're well worth $13.

Garp

Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK, good heads-up. Cheers. 'Alexander' is on 2 discs - that's gotta be some long train wreck. The review I found said it was even more confusing to follow the story than Stone's previous attempts.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Alexander" was definitely a sharp decline Stone hasn't been able to recover from.

Top Bottom